• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford Performance TPMS kit

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i have a solution to this. the correct TPMS sensor part number is F2GZ-1A189-G for EcoBoost, GT, and non-handling package Dark Horse, and FR3Z-1A189-K for handling package Dark Horse with both metal and carbon fiber wheels
S650 Mustang Ford Performance TPMS kit 1695609634451

there also appears to be a special procedure to train new TPMS sensors, the following steps
  1. With the vehicle off, press and release the brake pedal
  2. Press the start/stop button from off to accessory 3 times, ending in accessory mode (off, acc, off, acc, off, acc)
  3. Press and release the brake pedal
  4. Turn the vehicle off
  5. Press the start/stop button from off to accessory 3 times, ending in accessory mode (off, acc, off, acc, off, acc)
Sponsored

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
That's the procedure I followed. Yep, everybody is selling the wrong sensors. Damn. I believe before 2024 they were 315Mhz.

**Edit.

So nobody has these in stock. Had to order through Ford.

Last edited:
OP
OP

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
By chance how do the old and new sensors compare ? Old working sensors have any visible numbers?
i have a solution to this. the correct TPMS sensor part number is F2GZ-1A189-G for EcoBoost, GT, and non-handling package Dark Horse, and FR3Z-1A189-K for handling package Dark Horse with both metal and carbon fiber wheels
1695609634451.png

there also appears to be a special procedure to train new TPMS sensors, the following steps
  1. With the vehicle off, press and release the brake pedal
  2. Press the start/stop button from off to accessory 3 times, ending in accessory mode (off, acc, off, acc, off, acc)
  3. Press and release the brake pedal
  4. Turn the vehicle off
  5. Press the start/stop button from off to accessory 3 times, ending in accessory mode (off, acc, off, acc, off, acc)
Thank you for the info. I ended up ordering F2GZ-1G189-G from the dealer parts counter. I'll find out on Wednesday if they fix the issue.

I was able to enter the training mode with these instructions:

Start with ignition off.
  1. Depress and release brake pedal
  2. Press ignition switch five times (Do not start engine/do not depress clutch)
  3. Depress and release brake pedal
  4. Press ignition switch six times (Do not start engine/do not depress clutch)
  5. Horn will sound to indicate TPMS programming active.
  6. Begin training sequence with Driver Front wheel.
*In steps 2 and 4, I waited about 1-2 seconds between button presses.

I think we're saying the same thing, but I found the 5 count easier to remember.

OP
OP

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Just a community FYI - If you order any electronic accessories from https://accessories.ford.com/ they will not accept any returns, for any reason. Even if they sent you the wrong parts.

I called Ford accessories this morning and explained the situation, I got an immediate denial email a few minutes later. I called back and reiterated my situation, that I was sent the wrong part by them. 15 min later, denied. So I'm out $240 worth of FordPass points.

How that's good customer service, I have no idea. I will not be ordering accessories directly from Ford anytime again.

@Ford Motor Company

OP
OP

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I want to give credit where itā€™s due.

A few hours after sending the second denial email a customer service rep reached out to me and said, after reviewing the request, they will authorize the return/refund. They apologized for the confusion with the second email.

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
Was having some issues with this a few days back and didn't realize a thread had already been started... I wasn't able to get the usual train method working with the old S550 remote for each individual wheel but I did the reset method to re-sync them where the vehicle beeps twice at the end. It seemed to work and relearned the wheels (TPMS fault went away also). Was hoping some others could give it a try so that I could verify it's not a false positive.

This is the video I used incase instructions are needed:
HOW TO: Reset the TPMS on All 2011 - 2021 FORDS | Easy Method - YouTube

OP
OP

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Does anyone else think itā€™s crazy that you have to do a little dance and hop on one foot to reset/relearn the TPMS.

How hard could it possibly be to put the option in the center screen right next to the oil life reset?

This is the process I followed:
Start with ignition off.
  1. Depress and release brake pedal
  2. Press ignition switch five times
  3. Depress and release brake pedal
  4. Press ignition switch six times
  5. Horn will sound to indicate TPMS programming active.
Starting with driver (left) front point reset tool at valve stem and activate tool.

Horn will sound when sensor is connected.

Proceed around car. Programming sequence: LF, RF, RR, LR

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
Yeah... hop on one foot while you do it... lol. My Cadillac is just like the oil reset, go to the tire pressure display, press and hold the enter button, horn sounds, do the learn at each wheel, done.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I ordered new wheels and tires from Project6GR (Need-4-Speed) about 1 1/2 months ago. Finally got them installed several weeks ago and they look absolutely amazing. The only problem was I couldn't train the TPMS. The dealership where I purchased my Mustang couldn't figure it out either. I contacted Project 6GR and spoke to Edgar and explained my dilemma. Admittedly, I'm thinking I ordered my wheels from a business in California and I live in Northern Illinois. They've already got my money and any customer service beyond this point isn't going to go well. Boy was I wrong. Edgar assured me that they would assist me in solving the issue and wanted me to be 100% pleased with my purchase. He responded immediately to my text messages and phone calls. He sent me a training device and contacted the the TPMS manufacturer to see how to rectify the problem. Long story short, we finally got the sensors programed today. Edgar, if you read this please jump in and explain what the exact issue was. I'm not one to get on a forum and tout a specific business, but Project6GR went way above and beyond to make me a satisfied customer. Thank you Edgar for making an old man in Illinois extremely happy, and thank you for making a "little bump in the road" much smoother. šŸ™‚

OP
OP

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I ordered new wheels and tires from Project6GR (Need-4-Speed) about 1 1/2 months ago. Finally got them installed several weeks ago and they look absolutely amazing. The only problem was I couldn't train the TPMS. The dealership where I purchased my Mustang couldn't figure it out either. I contacted Project 6GR and spoke to Edgar and explained my dilemma. Admittedly, I'm thinking I ordered my wheels from a business in California and I live in Northern Illinois. They've already got my money and any customer service beyond this point isn't going to go well. Boy was I wrong. Edgar assured me that they would assist me in solving the issue and wanted me to be 100% pleased with my purchase. He responded immediately to my text messages and phone calls. He sent me a training device and contacted the the TPMS manufacturer to see how to rectify the problem. Long story short, we finally got the sensors programed today. Edgar, if you read this please jump in and explain what the exact issue was. I'm not one to get on a forum and tout a specific business, but Project6GR went way above and beyond to make me a satisfied customer. Thank you Edgar for making an old man in Illinois extremely happy, and thank you for making a "little bump in the road" much smoother. šŸ™‚
Iā€™m curious to know what the technical issue is.

As soon as we swapped out to the sensors from the parts counter they activated with the Ford training tool without issue. The FP kit absolutely refused to connect.

For anyone buying a second wheel set, I would avoid the FP kit.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Yeah... hop on one foot while you do it... lol. My Cadillac is just like the oil reset, go to the tire pressure display, press and hold the enter button, horn sounds, do the learn at each wheel, done.
Iā€™m surprised they donā€™t self learn and position. Put a sensor on the hub (location marker) which [communicates] with the stem and position would be automatic. Add the relearn / reset to the center stack.

edit: had to fix typos

Last edited:

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Iā€™m curious to know what the technical issue is.

As soon as we swapped out to the sensors from the parts counter they activated with the Ford training tool without issue. The FP kit absolutely refused to connect.

For anyone buying a second wheel set, I would avoid the FP kit.
To be honest, I really don't know. I only know enough to make myself dangerous so I'm not going to speculate. As I said, Need-4-Speed was kind enough to send me a training device. They also put me in contact with a representative from the TPMS manufacturer, which is who I dealt with. I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with him and he walked me through a number of programing scenarios with the training device. I do know that the sensors in my stock wheels/tires could be used in a couple of vehicles, including the Bronco. To say that everyone involved went beyond what I expected is an understatement. Again, thank you Need-4-Speed for your kindness and patience, and for making sure I was 100% satisfied with my purchase. :like:

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
To be honest, I really don't know. I only know enough to make myself dangerous so I'm not going to speculate. As I said, Need-4-Speed was kind enough to send me a training device. They also put me in contact with a representative from the TPMS manufacturer, which is who I dealt with. I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with him and he walked me through a number of programing scenarios with the training device. I do know that the sensors in my stock wheels/tires could be used in a couple of vehicles, including the Bronco. To say that everyone involved went beyond what I expected is an understatement. Again, thank you Need-4-Speed for your kindness and patience, and for making sure I was 100% satisfied with my purchase. :like:
Would really love to get to the bottom of this, and perhaps, perform a write up for the rest of the community if need be. Could you forward a contact from the TPMS manufacturer? You may PM if necessary.
Sponsored