• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford Performance TPMS kit

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Has anyone else tried to use the Ford Performance TMPM kit with their S650?

I used to this kit M-1180-B with my winter wheels and no luck. I have tried everything I can think of to train the new sensors. I finally gave up and made a trip to the dealer this morning. According to the tech these are not the correct sensors and my only option is to buy four more sensors.
Sponsored

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
Yep, just tried mine today and the remote didn't work. I tested each sensor with a Snap-on TPMS tool and they're all good. Just no beeps from the car with the remote. So, don't go buying 4 new sensors just yet. Retailers are selling this kit for 2024's.

OP
OP

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Yep, just tried mine today and the remote didn't work. I tested each sensor with a Snap-on TPMS tool and they're all good. Just no beeps from the car with the remote. So, don't go buying 4 new sensors just yet. Retailers are selling this kit for 2024's.
Interesting. So, were you able to train the sensors with your snap-on tool?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I did some random Googling, looking for alternatives. Two Ford sites list only 1180-A and 1180-B.

I'm not doubting either of your experiences.

I noticed A and B serve primarily Gen 5 (A) and Gen 6 (B) respectively. 2015, when the S550 came about, was when Ford began producing/supporting the M-1180-B.

With the S650 in production, you'd think that, if there is a new TPMS, Ford would be boxing them up and making them available, now.

@Ford Motor Company , any insight?

Winter tires, road damage, people occasionally using a second rim/tire, aftermarket rim installations, etc. A functioning, over-the-counter sensor set is needed for the S650.

Edit: the Ford Performance web site does say the M-1180-B supports 2024s.

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Have either of you attempted to drive the car for 10 mins or so, to see if the car will learn the new sensors?

OP
OP

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Have either of you attempted to drive the car for 10 mins or so, to see if the car will learn the new sensors?
Yes, I have driven a couple hundred miles since I installed the sensors.

OP
OP

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Maybe reach out directly to Ford Performance. I doubt your dealers tech gave you the right answer.
That’s my plan. I was just asking here while I wait till their customer support opens on Monday

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
That’s my plan. I was just asking here while I wait till their customer support opens on Monday
Honestly the S650 is still too new for forum members to answer questions like this. We can guess and speculate but neither of these will be of any help to you. By the way did your tech give you a part number for your car? Unless they have it how would they know the ones you bought do not work?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
By the way did your tech give you a part number for your car? Unless they have it how would they know the ones you bought do not work?
FWIW, I attempted to check variants (C, D, etc.) to see if there was a continuation of the existing series. I received results akin to the discussion occurring of K&N filters. :facepalm:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
FWIW, I attempted to check variants (C, D, etc.) to see if there was a continuation of the existing series. I received results akin to the discussion occurring of K&N filters. :facepalm:
By chance how do the old and new sensors compare ? Old working sensors have any visible numbers?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I'm using M-1180-Bs in a 2022. "PA6-GF35" is present on the side, which denotes the possible operating frequencies of 433MHz (appears to be EU) and 315MHz (rest of world). I'm also reading comments 315MHz might be used by older models, while 433MHz is new. There's a small spot to scan, but I didn't bother with the phone. I can't see PN#s, but they may be obscured, on the rim side.

Ford Performance is generally good with feedback. Hope to learn more of this topic tomorrow.

Last edited:

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD