• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford needs to offer rwd and AWD on the new Mustang!!! Changing traction via a toggle switch.

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
Listen Ford you guys sell the Mustang world wide and not every country around the world offer prep surfaces.
Most drag racings occur on non prep surfaces. You need to sell a v8 with rwd and awd at the same time changing traction via a toggle switch.
You need to up the game just go on youtube and see what lame times they put in the 1/4 mile in other countries.
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
What third world countries are you talking about that don't prep their tracks for quarter mile runs? Why even care about drag races on non prepped tracks? That's like recording track times in the snow.

US carmakers usally remove the "1 foot rollout" which makes their accleration numbers sound insane, but usally you can add half second for the real world number.

By the way, AWD option might even come to S650 if we get a hybrid model, based on rumors. But we will have to see. I doubt you would be able to switch between RWD and AWD manuallly, but driving modes having different balances between them.

OP
OP
jrsimon27

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
What third world countries are you talking about that don't prep their tracks for quarter mile runs? Why even care about drag races on non prepped tracks? That's like recording track times in the snow.

US carmakers usally remove the "1 foot rollout" which makes their accleration numbers sound insane, but usally you can add half second for the real world number.

By the way, AWD option might even come to S650 if we get a hybrid model, based on rumors. But we will have to see. I doubt you would be able to switch between RWD and AWD manuallly, but driving modes having different balances between them.

Here is your 3erd world country:

Bmw offers both rwd and awd via a switch.

OP
OP
jrsimon27

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
All races that you see on any other part of the world the mustangs never perform well.
Thats a Fact.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Listen Ford you guys sell the Mustang world wide and not every country around the world offer prep surfaces.
Most drag racings occur on non prep surfaces. You need to sell a v8 with rwd and awd at the same time changing traction via a toggle switch.
You need to up the game just go on youtube and see what lame times they put in the 1/4 mile in other countries.
If we do get a AWD mustang, I'd assume it would be sold alongside the rwd version. I could see the AWD mustang have a "drift mode" when most of the power goes to the back wheels.

OP
OP
jrsimon27

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
If we do get a AWD mustang, I'd assume it would be sold alongside the rwd version. I could see the AWD mustang have a "drift mode" when most of the power goes to the back wheels.
I really hope for this at least.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I really hope if there's an AWD Mustang it's sold as a separate model rather than turning all Mustangs into porky SUVs. The Mustang is already heavy and big enough. Plus, I really don't want the price increase from adding all those extra parts to the car.

I'd rather see a transaxle to improve weight distribution. The car can stay lower and lighter, plus it not only helps straight line guys, it will help the car turn better as well.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
We're already well past the point where Ford has made these basic design decisions. All we can do is wait and hope

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Here is your 3erd world country:

Bmw offers both rwd and awd via a switch.
Why in hell do you expect an EU GT (which is tuned down compared to US) be faster than a Toyota Supra with BMWs V6? The Mustang is like 300kg heavier, you can't make that up by sure horsepower.

OP
OP
jrsimon27

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
Why in hell do you expect an EU GT (which is tuned down compared to US) be faster than a Toyota Supra with BMWs V6? The Mustang is like 300kg heavier, you can't make that up by sure horsepower.
Well they need to up there game.

OP
OP
jrsimon27

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP

That one is not underpowered. Terrible loss.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Well they need to up there game.
Please tell me which of those cars is the most selling sportscar in the world. The Mustang is not a pure sportscar, as the name already says it, it's a Gran Tourismo. If you want more performance, go for a Shelby.

Ford has really raised their prices in the last years, but the GT is still one of the best values for money you can get.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2001 Avalon
I agree with @Hack , mustangs are already fat pigs. The GT500 is 4200 lbs...imagine that with AWD?? No thank you.
Transaxle and all-aluminum construction aimed around 3400 lbs would amazing. I guess that'd be a corvette....yep, I definitely want a corvette