• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford has dropped the ball for customers who trusted in them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Nokes

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gr Cherokee Trailhawk, 2023 Audi Q8
  • Banned
I need to vent in hopes it makes me feel better and/or reaches the right people.

Ford has dropped the ball for customers who trusted in them. I ordered on 3/27, the first day US people could. I trusted Ford and their product without even test driving it. My car has been built since 7/26. OKTB happened 2-3 weeks ago.

Please explain to me why they cannot get these cars out to customers. One would think they would have all transports on standby and ready to go. The faster they get them out the faster they get paid and the less cars they need to insure and secure. Instead, my car and many others continue to sit in the elements instead of a garage.

Looking at the tracker is like watching 3-legged turtles race. Talking to Ford chat is like talking to a politician. They tell you what you want to hear to appease you. ETA is next week, then next week, then next week.

I bet it comes as soon as I hop on the plane for vacation. And all I will be thinking about while touring the Ferrarri plant is my Ford Mustang GT! OK...that was a stretch. In any event, I hope the Ford Executives lay into those who have hurt their cash flow and increased their cost of capital.
Sponsored

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I need to vent in hopes it makes me feel better and/or reaches the right people.

Ford has dropped the ball for customers who trusted in them. I ordered on 3/27, the first day US people could. I trusted Ford and their product without even test driving it. My car has been built since 7/26. OKTB happened 2-3 weeks ago.

Please explain to me why they cannot get these cars out to customers. One would think they would have all transports on standby and ready to go. The faster they get them out the faster they get paid and the less cars they need to insure and secure. Instead, my car and many others continue to sit in the elements instead of a garage.

Looking at the tracker is like watching 3-legged turtles race. Talking to Ford chat is like talking to a politician. They tell you what you want to hear to appease you. ETA is next week, then next week, then next week.

I bet it comes as soon as I hop on the plane for vacation. And all I will be thinking about while touring the Ferrarri plant is my Ford Mustang GT! OK...that was a stretch. In any event, I hope the Ford Executives lay into those who have hurt their cash flow and increased their cost of capital.
Consider yourself lucky for even having the car built. Mine isnt even scheduled yet, yet others are flying out left and right.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
While I am in the same boat as you, and indeed am wishing my car was here. Mustangs have been shipping for 2 weeks. There's at least 2000 that have been built. Assuming a truck could take 10 at a time, that's 200 trucks we need. Assuming you could load 10 mustangs on in 1 hour, you would've needed to have loaded 2 at a time, 10 hours a day, non-stop. This also assumes no new ones are being built.
Just being realistic, there's absolutely no way to make that work. Especially considering there's probably only 2-4 cars that need to go to the same place together.

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
My car was built 6-26, listed as being shipped in transit, and has a current eta of 10-1. So maybe I will have it just in time for Christmas!🤣🤣

OP
OP
Tommy Nokes

Tommy Nokes

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gr Cherokee Trailhawk, 2023 Audi Q8
  • Banned
Kind of dramatic for waiting 5 months for a redesigned Model.
Not when it has been built for a month. But I respect your opinion.

ECOcrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 11 Pathfinder, 24 GT Prem Conv

That's funny, It's as if I started this thread. Not only has my car been built since mid July and updated to "built" with the OKTB last Tuesday but I'm also hoping against hope that it comes in before I leave for vacation where I will also be touring the Ferrari plant as well as Lamborghini and Pagani. Maybe I'll see you there! Wear a Mustang shirt so I can find you! :crackup:

Seriously, I'm just as frustrated. I live like 20 minutes from Flat Rock. You'd think they'd have dedicated drivers for SE Michigan for the sake of getting those cars out of their lots and out of the way quick. It's low hanging fruit - they can get them where they need to go fast with just a few trucks and get their revenue so much faster than the ones that are going to Kentucky, Canada and all the other places we've been seeing them arrive at dealers. I don't understand how it's been over a week and there's no real info on when my car can be delivered when it's right across town. 😡

Last edited:

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Stop gaslighting them because they're angry at this. They have every right to be upset. You'd think the same thing if your car was sitting in the lot while brand new cars rolled off the line and into the rail cars.
Yet another person who has 0 idea what gaslighting is.

javiviano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse Mustang
Stop gaslighting them because they're angry at this. They have every right to be upset. You'd think the same thing if your car was sitting in the lot while brand new cars rolled off the line and into the rail cars.
Gaslighting! :crackup: I feel the same way being that my car isn't even scheduled...but nothing I can do about it!

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I can assure you… right now as we speak ford execs are patting each other on the back for exceeding everyone’s expectations and flawless launch execution!

there will be raises and promotions with how successful this launch went(in their circles)

Rohanan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EcoBoost Mustang - 2024 GT Mustang
I'm really confused about how they decided whos order to build and when. I keep seeing several people who ordered back in March. I ordered in June, and mine was delivered to the dealership this morning. I'm picking it up this afternoon.

S650 Mustang Ford has dropped the ball for customers who trusted in them Screenshot 2023-08-24 121655
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.