• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford just removed my production week entirely......looks like the tracking site is not to be trusted? - UPDATED

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Not true, I made a change weeks after I received a VIN#
Not what my dealer said and what most other forums say for other vehicles. What change did you make? Do you have a window sticker yet?
Sponsored

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
From Canada also I had July 24 , but the last 2 weeks chat sees nothing , but dealership screen still says July 24 , ecoboost for me hbu
GT premium.
Contacted dealer, they said they would check and get back to me, that was 24h ago and no news.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Not what my dealer said and what most other forums say for other vehicles. What change did you make? Do you have a window sticker yet?
I changed the gears from 3.15 to 3.55 and changed from 400A to 401A. I do have a sticker with my changes showing correctly.

S650 Mustang Ford just removed my production week entirely......looks like the tracking site is not to be trusted? - UPDATED Screenshot 2023-06-10 at 6.57.16 AM

On my Dodge Charger, 2023 I ordered in Nov 2022 and made changes twice after ordering because the color choices changed. I had a VIN Since January and made the changes in February. Car was built and I currently have it

Last edited:

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I think Ford is changing the schedule, hopefully see some news tomorrow
Hopefully not too much of a slip, summers are short here, if there's no hope to get it this year, cancelling and maybe re-ordering at a later date may be an option

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I changed the gears from 3.15 to 3.55 and changed from 400A to 401A. I do have a sticker with my changes showing correctly.

Screenshot 2023-06-10 at 6.57.16 AM.jpeg

On my Dodge Charger, 2023 I ordered in Nov 2022 and made changes twice after ordering because the color choices changed. I had a VIN Since January and made the changes in February. Car was built and I currently have it

And you had a VIN assigned before your changes?

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
And you had a VIN assigned before your changes?
As I already stated, I had a VIN# already assigned. I placed my order on 3/27 and had a VIN# by 4/12. With that said, I was told it MIGHT push my build week out but it did not.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
As I already stated, I had a VIN# already assigned. I placed my order on 3/27 and had a VIN# by 4/12. With that said, I was told it MIGHT push my build week out but it did not.
Nice, thanks for the info. Looks like it really changes based on what the dealer thinks is true. I was considering changing exterior colors but then I realized carmine red can’t go with grabber blue so that made my decision easy.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Nice, thanks for the info. Looks like it really changes based on what the dealer thinks is true. I was considering changing exterior colors but then I realized carmine red can’t go with grabber blue so that made my decision easy.
That's the same color combo I wanted. I definitely don't want the grey with the Grabber Blue so I went Black. I was not changing exterior colors. I had a 2010 GT in Grabber Blue with the black interior with blue stripe down center of seats. But even then I wanted red interior

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
This is deifnitely an interesting data point for future knowledge, because before you shared your experience, the common assumption was once you had a VIN you were SOL...

Mikey7777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
Hopefully not too much of a slip, summers are short here, if there's no hope to get it this year, cancelling and maybe re-ordering at a later date may be an option
It’s going to be ok , apparently they only have a few thousand orders , it looked like they had 500 of them built already

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I Haven't had a problem with my order. Put it in 3/27, they confirmed on 4/3, now it's produced and delivery date is scheduled for 6/27-7/3. Not sure how accurate delivery date is though.
Ordered GT Premium, PP, AVE, Magneride, blue brembo, 401a. No NP or BP.
Because you ordered first day. Later orders with PP (40%+ of orders) are now a toss up for being pulled.

adamhixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Not true, I made a change weeks after I received a VIN#
So did I. There's a window where you can change your order, even if it's scheduled for production. But once you get maybe a week or two out from said scheduled week, it doesn't allow changes through the system. I wanted my color changed last minute but couldn't do that. However last month around this time changed color of interior. Maybe 1 or 2 weeks before that I added NP. Received my VIN weeks before I made those changes.

adamhixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
This is deifnitely an interesting data point for future knowledge, because before you shared your experience, the common assumption was once you had a VIN you were SOL...
Ford Chat will tell you the same thing, but it simply isn't true. Same experience here. I made two changes on two separate occasions after getting my VIN. Both went through and show on my sticker.

Dealer said the system allowed them to edit the order up until last week... apparently doesn't "have anywhere to click" to select changing options.

My theory is that once you get close enough to scheduled build week, the order is finalized for window sticker generation. THAT is when you're officially "stuck".

I doubt Ford wants every customer changing their orders willy nilly though. So maybe that's the initiative they've pushed about "Once there's a VIN, you're locked in"

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I also ordered from the #1 Ford dealer (Brandon Ford) and I have been buying cars from them since 2005. They do have lots of influence so I'm told.
Sponsored