• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Who is responsible for last mile? Ford or Dealer?

Tafische

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
So I am getting a little frustrated because tomorrow my car will have been sitting at the local rail yard for 7 days. Curious if that is a dealer issue or a Ford issue or maybe that is normal? I can't get a good answer.
Sponsored

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Not the dealer.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
it's not the dealer's until it comes off the truck in their lot.

aac959226

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
So I am getting a little frustrated because tomorrow my car will have been sitting at the local rail yard for 7 days. Curious if that is a dealer issue or a Ford issue or maybe that is normal? I can't get a good answer.
How do you know that it’s been sitting? Does the tracker show shipped? My rail car status just says it’s been released by customer (ford) to Canadian Railways with no ETA when I call to track my railcar. I’m Afraid I’m on the same boat. I do have an eta on the tracker of 9/1-9/14 but still worries me.

OP
OP

Tafische

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Was at the dealer this morning. They actually looked it up and it had been there since Tuesday last week. They had really detailed location info. Apparently Ford has a hard time getting enough people to work as transporters.
But good news is it just came in an hour ago. So 9 days at the train station.
Sponsored