• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Premium or Performance? Last chance for changes

lionblood981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium VB, PP AV 6MT
Hi all, ive dove deep into the forums and did find some posts regarding non-PP vs PP, and premium vs base. First off ill give you what i have currently ordered and some background info, but would appreciate some input as my order hasnt been picked up yet but ford chat and my dealer make it seem next scheduling wave will have mine picked up (last chance for changes). Sorry if the post seems inappropriate and long but family and friends have no interest in vehicles so using them as a soundboard is useless. I am also coming from a 2020 Camaro V6, GM wont take my SS order after its been in for months and i gave up, they are barely building them anymore (RIP Camaro fans January 2024). I always appreciated both mustangs and camaros, just preferred the camaro look more (insert S650 camaro design joke here). I dont know much about modding vehicles or the particulars around DIY, im not a handy person by any means, i work a 9-5 office job and was never taught those things. Note i have never owned a mustang.

- 301A 6MT vapor blue GT, active exhaust, NP, PP, grabber blue brakes.

I generally prioritize looks/sound profile of my vehicle, and dont really see myself tracking my car at all. Maybe once for giggles and to experience it. Usually if i want to get my more spirited driving in ill go for a cruise into the county. It would be more of a speed thing and not super heavy turns or drifting, too scared to ruin my big investment.

I live in canada so snow will obviously be a thing, but we dont usually get major snowfalls (im 20 mins from Detroit). I maybe needed to hitch a ride to work 3-4 days a year if the snowfall is bad enough for the camaro. My thoughts are having to DD it through 2-3 winters and then i could get a winter beater.

Reasons i ordered the PP where mainly for the spoiler and rims/wheels. The e(drift)-brake also sounds cool but like i said, probably wouldnt get much use. Between all the posts im not sure i would appreciate the better suspension or not, especially coming from vehicles that never had upgraded suspension to begin with. $6500 CAD seems pretty pricey for a spoiler and rims at that point, and i heard i can always get a spoiler on after the fact. I also imagine replacing parts through routine things like brakes, etc. are a lot more expensive with PP installed.

Nite pony, i see all the issues regarding that and can definitely go without it and have the parts painted i want black. Dont even care about the roof and just wish they gave a credit for not getting the roof painted....

Premium looks really nice, and the cooled seats seem nice as well. Never experienced that before but from the sounds of it its good. Just had a warm day and even my back and such was getting sweaty in cloth seats... I also love my audio so the B&O sounds good. I have Bose as it is in the camaro and love it. I dont need super audio and large 12" subs like when i was 19, so i would think that could be good enough. I havent heard much on the current 9 speakers with amp that the 301A or 400A have though. I understand you could have this changed aftermarket too but i imagine it being complicated/pricey due to the heavily integrated dash. Additionally, i love the single glass bezzle look more than the two screens the base GT has....

Both the PP and Premium have about the same add-on price which is why i ask for your inputs and what you would do in these cirumstances. I want to clarify i could afford to do both if i really wanted, but thats pushing $70k CAD and i dont think i want to put such a large down payment down to keep the payments in a manageable range. That also hurts the get a winter beater plan as more savings are gone.

Any thoughts or insights are greatly appreciated. An again, my apologies for the lengthy read but $60-$70k is a lot to sink without doing everything you can to be informed.
Sponsored

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Hi all, ive dove deep into the forums and did find some posts regarding non-PP vs PP, and premium vs base. First off ill give you what i have currently ordered and some background info, but would appreciate some input as my order hasnt been picked up yet but ford chat and my dealer make it seem next scheduling wave will have mine picked up (last chance for changes). Sorry if the post seems inappropriate and long but family and friends have no interest in vehicles so using them as a soundboard is useless. I am also coming from a 2020 Camaro V6, GM wont take my SS order after its been in for months and i gave up, they are barely building them anymore (RIP Camaro fans January 2024). I always appreciated both mustangs and camaros, just preferred the camaro look more (insert S650 camaro design joke here). I dont know much about modding vehicles or the particulars around DIY, im not a handy person by any means, i work a 9-5 office job and was never taught those things. Note i have never owned a mustang.

I generally prioritize looks/sound profile of my vehicle, and dont really see myself tracking my car at all. Maybe once for giggles and to experience it. Usually if i want to get my more spirited driving in ill go for a cruise into the county. It would be more of a speed thing and not super heavy turns or drifting, too scared to ruin my big investment.

I live in canada so snow will obviously be a thing, but we dont usually get major snowfalls (im 20 mins from Detroit). I maybe needed to hitch a ride to work 3-4 days a year if the snowfall is bad enough for the camaro. My thoughts are having to DD it through 2-3 winters and then i could get a winter beater.

Reasons i ordered the PP where mainly for the spoiler and rims/wheels. The e(drift)-brake also sounds cool but like i said, probably wouldnt get much use. Between all the posts im not sure i would appreciate the better suspension or not, especially coming from vehicles that never had upgraded suspension to begin with. $6500 CAD seems pretty pricey for a spoiler and rims at that point, and i heard i can always get a spoiler on after the fact. I also imagine replacing parts through routine things like brakes, etc. are a lot more expensive with PP installed.

Nite pony, i see all the issues regarding that and can definitely go without it and have the parts painted i want black. Dont even care about the roof and just wish they gave a credit for not getting the roof painted....

Premium looks really nice, and the cooled seats seem nice as well. Never experienced that before but from the sounds of it its good. Just had a warm day and even my back and such was getting sweaty in cloth seats... I also love my audio so the B&O sounds good. I have Bose as it is in the camaro and love it. I dont need super audio and large 12" subs like when i was 19, so i would think that could be good enough. I havent heard much on the current 9 speakers with amp that the 301A or 400A have though. I understand you could have this changed aftermarket too but i imagine it being complicated/pricey due to the heavily integrated dash. Additionally, i love the single glass bezzle look more than the two screens the base GT has....

Both the PP and Premium have about the same add-on price which is why i ask for your inputs and what you would do in these cirumstances. I want to clarify i could afford to do both if i really wanted, but thats pushing $70k CAD and i dont think i want to put such a large down payment down to keep the payments in a manageable range. That also hurts the get a winter beater plan as more savings are gone.

Any thoughts or insights are greatly appreciated. An again, my apologies for the lengthy read but $60-$70k is a lot to sink without doing everything you can to be informed.
Just a side bar, but it's funny how relative one's perspective of weather can be.

Averaging 40-50" of snow per year and frequently seeing snowstorms that exceed 6" is still quite a lot, especially for a low-riding car like the Mustang.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible

Based on your needs and desires for the car I would drop the PP and go with the premium model. That is where the comforts are instead of the performance. Get your heated steering wheel, heated and cooled leather seats, the B&O sound system, navigation, adaptive cruise control and of course the single screen bezel. Get aftermarket wheels and a spoiler for 2k installed and painted. You’ll be happy. I’d even drop NP and passing the few things back you want painted and have it match your spoiler you buy.

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
based on your needs & if it's your daily; drop the PP and go premium, active exhaust, VPB w/ the grabber blue brakes. you can easily replace the PP parts on your own with kitted or individually bought track level performance parts for half the price.

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
First a disclaimer: If I read this right you are not inclined to DIY, so that in itself makes a big difference. I'm the opposite, and would be loathe to sink additional money into a purchase knowing I could do better on my own, and at a lower cost too.

I've posted before that IMHO paying extra for wider rims is not as preferable to keeping the thinner stock rims and using the money to buy a 2nd set of wider rims. That way you get both alternative with their respective advantages for the same price and a bit more flexibility.

My wife has cooled/heated seats and, while I occasionally appreciate the heat (does wonders for my back on long trips), I absolutely hate the cooling. It feels like I'm peeing on myself is all it does. I always put neoprene covers on my seats anyway. As for the heated wheel, I always felt if it's that cold you'd be wearing gloves, no?

So, to your question: I believe the PP instead of the Premium would work best for you since you prioritize appearance. The premium package does very little in this regard, at least compared to the PP. The PP for the GT brings a ton of really good stuff, plus looks much more aggressive.

If I was purchasing a 2024 Mustang GT, however, I would most def take the $$ hit and get:
- Premium High (401A) because of the memory seats/mirrors and security package
- Perf Package because of the Brembos, K-Brace, Torsen diff, and sway bar
- Magneride
- Active exhaust

I'm not a fan of the B&O, but only because I'm persnickety about sound and paying extra for a mediocre rig just feels wrong to me. It comes with the 401A anyway, so oh well.

Also not a fan of either the NP or the Bronze. Just a fat racing stripe is all I need.

Hope this helps.

Parting shot: you seem like a nice, sensible, well-educated person. Why on earth are you even thinking about buying a GM POS?

OP
OP

lionblood981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium VB, PP AV 6MT
While my family are not into cars like I am, they have a heavy GM preference so that’s the reason for the Camaro lol. And my arguement against PP at this point is appearance with the spoiler and wheels can me done aftermarket cheaper, and easier. Arguement I always get is it’s easier to mod exterior after the fact than interior stuff generally speaking. I’m a banker, so the whole price to worth ratio rings in my head constantly which generally the rationale to my post. I would get the magneride in a heartbeat but I hate it needs PP. I don’t believe GM made it only available on the 1LE either but that’s kinda a moot point now
Sponsored