• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front license plate bracket - is it installed at factory or dealer

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
I don't run a front plate on my Tesla in VA and haven't been pulled over for it.
Yea I was debating taking that risk but I feel like the mustang is enough for them to pull us over and the no plate is just the cherry on top lol
Sponsored

DRKKNITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse (Handling Package)
Yes, tell the supporting dealer, "Please don't install.", and they won't.

The plastic bracket for mine was placed in the trunk.

CO is a front plate state. I've passed police several times without issue. I do carry the plate in the car. Some place their front plate on the dash.

I have been pulled over for lack of a front plate on specific occasions: crossing state lines. With other vehicles, years past, troopers would photograph and run plates. Lack of a front plate raised suspicions.

Several mounting options. I have a bracket I can quickly bolt into the receiver which supports the tow hook. Others use a center mount, under the bumper where it cannot be seen.

skye plate 001.jpg

skye plate 002.jpg

skye plate 003.jpg
My first post and I really like that mount. Can you let me know where you got it.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I asked the dealer not to install it. I also wrote an email confirming. It was in the trunk along with wheel lock key and 4 regular lugs they took off to install the locks. I purchased a Sto-N-Sho and it literally took 10 minutes to install and seems very solid. Make sure you read the description so you purchase the correct one because the options you have(like PP, 401a, etc) do make a difference in which model you require. It IS offset to the drivers side because it can't block the sensor in the middle of the grill, but looks fine and takes 2 seconds to remove/ put back if you want.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
My first post and I really like that mount. Can you let me know where you got it.
Salut. Welcome to the forums. :like:

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/introduce-yourself-to-mustang7g.156050/

The assembly was from ZL1 Add-ons.

https://zl1addons.com/?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItrCErOX1hAMVLzqtBh1mJAWSEAAYASAAEgKodPD_BwE

A quick glance of their catalog and it looks like they have updated listings for the S650.

https://zl1addons.com/collections/new-products-ford

But I will offer that source with a bit of caution.

I purchased two assemblies from ZL1:

1. Tow Hook Kit. This kit was comprised of a rod which screwed into the car's tow hook receiver and the tow hook itself. These pieces were well-made and screwed right in. The tow hook can be purchased in black, red and bare, for powder coating to a color of your choosing.

2. License plate bracket. This is a piece I had a bit of an issue with. The bracket is a flat plate, with mounting tang in the back of it. The tow hook is removed, the tang placed in front of the tow hook rod and a bolt screwed through the plate, bracket and into the rod end.

The caution and problem I had was the tang in the back of the license plate bracket was off center. It did not line up 100%. As received, I could not put the bolt through the bracket, tang and into the receiver's rod. The packaging looked fine, as did the assembly (no strike marks or torn packaging). The problem appeared to be one of manufacturing.

I could have attempted to send back for another, or massage it to get the tang to line up with the bracket. I did the former with some hand tools, using a rag and blue tape to prevent marks. A little adjustment here and there and things were fine.

I later had a conversation with another Member that had the exact same issue. So it appeared that batch had some sort of manufacturing error. He attempted to send his back for another. At the time, ZL1 told him what he received was "normal." :crazy:

That was close to two years ago. I'd like to think they've gone through that batch and gotten a better set. Or, changed their position on return of those items. In the end it was not a huge deal. I little additional effort and things worked out fine. YMMV.

Still use the tow rod and hook. The massaged bracket w/tang are readily available and can be installed at any moment.

Once again, welcome. :handshake:

Last edited:

DRKKNITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Salut. Welcome to the forums. :like:
Once again, welcome. :handshake:
Thanks for such a detailed response. I may not be the person that will be able to modify that plate to fit. For now I went with a version on Ebay:

Front Bumper Tow Hook License Plate Mount For Ford Mustang Dark Horse 2024 New

That's a photo from Ebay, not my car.
It was really reasonably priced but will take a couple of weeks.
I'll ask about that Sto N Show above too.

S650 Mustang Front license plate bracket - is it installed at factory or dealer Ebay License Plate

DRKKNITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked the dealer not to install it. I also wrote an email confirming. It was in the trunk along with wheel lock key and 4 regular lugs they took off to install the locks. I purchased a Sto-N-Sho and it literally took 10 minutes to install and seems very solid. Make sure you read the description so you purchase the correct one because the options you have(like PP, 401a, etc) do make a difference in which model you require. It IS offset to the drivers side because it can't block the sensor in the middle of the grill, but looks fine and takes 2 seconds to remove/ put back if you want.
I looked at the Sto-N-Sho and could not find a version for the Handling Package. Please let me know if you saw one.

One other question, what sensor would you block on the lower middle front end of the Dark Horse? I'd love to see a picture how you mounted it.
Sponsored