• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front license plate bracket - is it installed at factory or dealer

dirtgnome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I know some companies will install at the factory and others it is the dealer responsibility. Anyone know how it is for Ford? I don't want the front bracket installed and I forgot to mention that when I ordered. I already got the window sticker and I'm wondering if it's too late.
Sponsored

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
No. My dealer said that itā€™s just an accessory they put inside the vehicle and the dealership puts it on. I told mine do NOT drill holes in my bumper! SD requires a front plate, but for a few you can get a ā€œcollectorsā€ plate if you keep the mileage under 7,500miles each year.

OP
OP

dirtgnome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
No. My dealer said that itā€™s just an accessory they put inside the vehicle and the dealership puts it on. I told mine do NOT drill holes in my bumper! SD requires a front plate, but for a few you can get a ā€œcollectorsā€ plate if you keep the mileage under 7,500miles each year.
Oh nice, I still have time to save my bumper from having holes drilled into it.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Same for Virginia but yea dealership puts it on just gotta ask your dealer not to

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Yes tell your dealer you don't want it installed. I talked to my guy a couple times about it already. My state requires it, but no way I'm putting it on. He told me with the mustangs they just put the bracket in the trunk.

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
I alerted my dealer not to drill holes on the front of my car.

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium (ordered)
I donā€™t believe that Iā€™ve ever seen a manufacturer ship a vehicle with the front license plate bracket on; that is something that the dealer does (or doesnā€™t do).

I always tell the dealer ā€no front plateā€ prior to the car getting shipped.

tmc1995

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
If you do end up with holes....consider "Bumperplugs.com". Not cheap but they will send a set of perfectly color matched set that will be your best cosmetic answer to filling the holes. Have used them for over 10 years.

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 6 speed, 2021 Volvo XC40 R-Design
I bought a leftover 23 Mach 1. It was dealer stock, blue window sticker. Luckily they hadnā€™t installed the front license plate bracket.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
I'm so glad I don't have to run a front plate. Unfortunately my dealer pulled my C/S from a lot with a State that requires one and they drilled the bumper. Had to get them filled.

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
Pretty sure it's not installed from the factory, and the dealership puts it on. Luckily, Utah is very lenient on front license plates. If it "has a spot for it, it's supposed to have it." Not sure of the specifics, but it sounds like in theory, if the front bracket is never installed, it doesn't have to have the license plate. But also I don't know of anyone who's gotten in trouble (in Utah) over no front license plate. I drive around without a front license plate and haven't been pulled over or talked to.

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 6 speed, 2021 Volvo XC40 R-Design
Pretty sure it's not installed from the factory, and the dealership puts it on. Luckily, Utah is very lenient on front license plates. If it "has a spot for it, it's supposed to have it." Not sure of the specifics, but it sounds like in theory, if the front bracket is never installed, it doesn't have to have the license plate. But also I don't know of anyone who's gotten in trouble (in Utah) over no front license plate. I drive around without a front license plate and haven't been pulled over or talked to.
At least where I live itā€™s expected that if you get stopped for a moving violation, the cop will try to nail you for everything possible in addition to the moving violation. Expired registration? Thatā€™s an extra ticket. Illegally tinted windshield? Extra ticket. Illegally driving without front plate. Extra ticket.

While Iā€™ve never gotten pulled over for driving without a front plate either, I fully expect to receive such a ticket if I get nailed for not stopping at a stop sign.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Yes, tell the supporting dealer, "Please don't install.", and they won't.

The plastic bracket for mine was placed in the trunk.

CO is a front plate state. I've passed police several times without issue. I do carry the plate in the car. Some place their front plate on the dash.

I have been pulled over for lack of a front plate on specific occasions: crossing state lines. With other vehicles, years past, troopers would photograph and run plates. Lack of a front plate raised suspicions.

Several mounting options. I have a bracket I can quickly bolt into the receiver which supports the tow hook. Others use a center mount, under the bumper where it cannot be seen.

S650 Mustang Front license plate bracket - is it installed at factory or dealer skye plate 001

S650 Mustang Front license plate bracket - is it installed at factory or dealer skye plate 002

S650 Mustang Front license plate bracket - is it installed at factory or dealer skye plate 003

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
An example of loose items, for the receiving dealer to install during prep.

S650 Mustang Front license plate bracket - is it installed at factory or dealer skye loose

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I don't run a front plate on my Tesla in VA and haven't been pulled over for it.
Sponsored