• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford has dropped the ball for customers who trusted in them

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Kind of dramatic for waiting 5 months for a redesigned Model.
You’d think they were waiting for a Mach 1. :crackup: (Kidding). :like:

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
My buddy ordered a Bronco and it's been over a year, Super Duty's are a year+ out, good luck finding a Suburban or Toyota in stock. People have their cars < 2 weeks after deliveries started and people out here bashing Ford just cause they weren't first in line out of thousands.
I also ordered in March, early on purpose, and never once did it say "by ordering early you will receive your car before everyone else!" sit down and be patient, in a couple weeks you'll have yours, we're more fortunate than most in our situation
Samething with Tesla last year, Nissan didn't even deliver 2023 Z's. Chargers are going for markup. Corvettes have a huge waitlist. Supra has a 1 year wait.

We all avoided markups by ordering, and some are getting their cars 5 months after ordering. The timeline is honestly good. The communication has been terrible, but no car company is going to communicate their internal process just to make customers feel better, especially if they feel they are on track. Honestly, I would agree. Regardless of how long it was "Built" , Mustangs getting to customers within 5 months is amazing in this current landscape. Compared to the old days, not so much.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Samething with Tesla last year, Nissan didn't even deliver 2023 Z's. Chargers are going for markup. Corvettes have a huge waitlist. Supra has a 1 year wait.

We all avoided markups by ordering, and some are getting their cars 5 months after ordering. The timeline is honestly good. The communication has been terrible, but no car company is going to communicate their internal process just to make customers feel better, especially if they feel they are on track. Honestly, I would agree. Regardless of how long it was "Built" , Mustangs getting to customers within 5 months is amazing in this current landscape. Compared to the old days, not so much.
I ordered a Tesla last year and it actually came on-time. Only waited 3 months from order to delivery.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
I ordered a Tesla last year and it actually came on-time. Only waited 3 months from order to delivery.
I ordered a Tesla in May 2021 and got it August 2022.
When the car was finally ready they text me with 2 days heads-up to either pay for the car or give up my deposit and order.

I resold the car because I wanted no part of that shitty company.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I ordered a Tesla in May 2021 and got it August 2022.
When the car was finally ready they text me with 2 days heads-up to either pay for the car or give up my deposit and order.

I resold the car because I wanted no part of that shitty company.
Yeah that also happened to a lot of people. I'm selling mine because of all the small problems it has. Definitely not getting another Tesla again.

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
I do agree Fords Customer Service sucks. I ordered a MY22 F-150 October 2021. My dealer had me up to a priority 2. After 6 months and seeing many trucks with my options, but different color I wrote Farley, Board chairman Ford, VP of customer satisfaction, VP of NA Production. After 30 days I received a note from a customer service rep telling me to talk to my dealer. After 7 months I found a truck with what I wanted 150 miles away from me, drove up, bought it. The Mustang is starting out much smoother. 8/12 I ordered a GT Premium Convertible. Received notice of order from Ford before I returned from the dealer. 8/17 I received notice of build week of 10/2. So far so good, fingers crossed. Would like to get a few rides in before the snow flies and it becomes a garage queen for the winter.

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
If it was as bad as the bronco launch I’d agree this is terrible but it’s been 6 months it’ll be okay
Oh sure it will be OK. But its shame that the Bronco launch has to be considered as the benchmark for terrible.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
I do agree Fords Customer Service sucks. I ordered a MY22 F-150 October 2021. My dealer had me up to a priority 2. After 6 months and seeing many trucks with my options, but different color I wrote Farley, Board chairman Ford, VP of customer satisfaction, VP of NA Production. After 30 days I received a note from a customer service rep telling me to talk to my dealer. After 7 months I found a truck with what I wanted 150 miles away from me, drove up, bought it. The Mustang is starting out much smoother. 8/12 I ordered a GT Premium Convertible. Received notice of order from Ford before I returned from the dealer. 8/17 I received notice of build week of 10/2. So far so good, fingers crossed. Would like to get a few rides in before the snow flies and it becomes a garage queen for the winter.
I also think that the service from ford has sucked I'm regards to how little we know. I think that people are more upset especially if they were day one orders. I was a day one order 3/27 ordered a DH. However, the issue is there are people are ordering Ecoboost, GT's, and DH's after that day and are getting build dates. I knew my order was gonna be late due to what's on it. However, many day one orders don't even have a build date or a VIN at all. But have seen cars with their same spec or spec with a different color get scheduled and getting built and they ordered months later. So the day one people have been over looked and it's almost like it was best to order later. I think that's what most people are annoyed about. The day one people should have been the first to get their cars if they could be made and go from there. Just to reward the people at the front of the line. But that has not been the case. As people with basic GT with no options are still unscheduled from day one orders. The order selection is so random. I got lucky to get a build day last week for 10/16.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I need to vent in hopes it makes me feel better and/or reaches the right people.

Ford has dropped the ball for customers who trusted in them. I ordered on 3/27, the first day US people could. I trusted Ford and their product without even test driving it. My car has been built since 7/26. OKTB happened 2-3 weeks ago.

Please explain to me why they cannot get these cars out to customers. One would think they would have all transports on standby and ready to go. The faster they get them out the faster they get paid and the less cars they need to insure and secure. Instead, my car and many others continue to sit in the elements instead of a garage.

Looking at the tracker is like watching 3-legged turtles race. Talking to Ford chat is like talking to a politician. They tell you what you want to hear to appease you. ETA is next week, then next week, then next week.

I bet it comes as soon as I hop on the plane for vacation. And all I will be thinking about while touring the Ferrarri plant is my Ford Mustang GT! OK...that was a stretch. In any event, I hope the Ford Executives lay into those who have hurt their cash flow and increased their cost of capital.
Have you tried calling corporate or letting your dealer handle it?

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Consider yourself lucky for even having the car built. Mine isnt even scheduled yet, yet others are flying out left and right.
But I am starting to think we are lucky for this. As maybe before they start on ours,they will get their chit together and ours will be sent out not long after they are built

Shawn82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang HPP
Cars got held for a reason. They're shipping now.

Theres only been like 10 deliveries!
Chill out with the entitlement. The turnaround for a fully redesigned Mustang being 5-6 months is nowhere near being bad in these times. Every car that is in demand is dealing with the samething!
The Bronco and Maverick forums are laughing at us right now lol. I agree it's not fun to wait but man they had to literally wait years for their vehicles. It's a redesigned model with thousands of them being built. We have to be patient
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.