• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford CEO says all electric mustang will never happen

Karguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
If I had to guess, Ford will develop a next gen lighter platform for s750 that accommodates a variety of powertrains from v8s, to EVs, kind of like what Dodge did with the upcoming charger. I think brands are realizing it's smart to design platforms to be as flexible as possible to hedge their bets against any direction the industry can blow in.
I hope they do as GM is done by making the next Camaro a "sporty 4 door with electric powertrain/Barf and better visibility...I had a lot of GM vehicles and will NEVER buy another one looking at their current product,how the treat people with warranty claims and their pickups/suvs having issues with lifters and cam wear...So I hope hope FORD will bring a new generation Mustang lighter with better chassis and torquier V8 and bring some knobs you can touch and turn back ! Also Dodge comes to their senses after they figure out that a V8 is their heart & soul and hopefully BMW will join the party with a great n/a V8 like last seen in the 2008-13 M3 ! A 911 with a 5.6-6.4 L n/a 8 cylinder Boxer would be cool , too because not everybody loves turbo/supercharged engines...Or Audi brings back the great combo of manual , AWD and n/a V8's or at least puts a manual in the RS3 or puts the turbo-5 in the GTI/R with a manual ! The last cars worth getting excited about from a enthusiast perspective !
Sponsored

KABStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT convertible, 2024 Mustang GT conv.
It will be interesting to see what happens in Canada where the government has passed legislation mandating that all new cars sold here must be 100 electric, zero emission, by 2035. I have a feeling that lower mileage, ICE vehicles, in good shape, are going to be very valuable.

Karguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No they wont be valuable because no matter what governments mandate by 2035 the people will vote with their wallets and throw the bums out ! No matter if in CAN/UK/EU or US the so called electric future is already over ! And for a good reason...All the green/C02 nonsense was a scam to begin with...Look at China that are ahead of everyone on a economic scale / battery technology / raw materials to make the batteries even they stay ICE until 2060...Which means forver ! Electric lost already in the 1890s in Germany when they had already electric cars....And that for a good reason ! History and Future belongs to ICE , maybe with a mild hybrid flywheel as Diesel is always the most economical and reliable form no matter what the fraudulent EPA that classifies electric vehicles as Zero pollution (LOL) says...People are not as stupid as the morons that still run the government think they are !

OP
OP
DeluxeStang

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I hope they do as GM is done by making the next Camaro a "sporty 4 door with electric powertrain/Barf and better visibility...I had a lot of GM vehicles and will NEVER buy another one looking at their current product,how the treat people with warranty claims and their pickups/suvs having issues with lifters and cam wear...So I hope hope FORD will bring a new generation Mustang lighter with better chassis and torquier V8 and bring some knobs you can touch and turn back ! Also Dodge comes to their senses after they figure out that a V8 is their heart & soul and hopefully BMW will join the party with a great n/a V8 like last seen in the 2008-13 M3 ! A 911 with a 5.6-6.4 L n/a 8 cylinder Boxer would be cool , too because not everybody loves turbo/supercharged engines...Or Audi brings back the great combo of manual , AWD and n/a V8's or at least puts a manual in the RS3 or puts the turbo-5 in the GTI/R with a manual ! The last cars worth getting excited about from a enthusiast perspective !
Jim Farley came out and said the mustang and other Ford models need to lose weight. I don't see how the mustang loses a lot of weight without a new platform or exotic materials.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
It will be interesting to see what happens in Canada where the government has passed legislation mandating that all new cars sold here must be 100 electric, zero emission, by 2035. I have a feeling that lower mileage, ICE vehicles, in good shape, are going to be very valuable.
Honestly… I feel so sad for Canadians. They enjoyed some pretty great stuff for so long and it has all gone to junk the last few years. Like the 1984 book come to life. You don’t even have freedom of speech anymore. All my friends who bragged throughout college about how much better life was there have changed their tune or moved out.

if the rest of the world wants to do things right, look at Canada… and do the opposite.

it really all depends on national leaders. Those who value how we got to this place of freedom, peace, prosperity and great quality of life will do their best to offer those things continually. Those who want to control will copy others who force their people into agenda. You don’t improve upon America by acting like others. The USA has led the world by prioritizing life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. You don’t just pull a “thank you, next” on that. You perpetuate. Ford being an American company, would do well to recapture that pioneering spirit.

Looks like Ford has a plan. Farley sounds emphatic and confident. I like it. And it doesn’t involve some draconian future where everything plugs into some inadequate infrastructure and wrecks the grid ( what’s next… schedule drive times to preserve grid integrity? “Sorry Mrs. Brown, but you’re under arrest for your little emergency diaper run to Walmart. Didn’t you know that this time slot is reserved for the residents of quadrant 3C?” LOL).

an ecoboost v8/ev hybrid sounds pretty great though. Keep it light, keep it easily refuelable, and reap the performance bump from combining with EV. Keep the legendary v8 sound, and win. Hopefully Canada takes a look at what America does with this and charts a better course.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
an ecoboost v8/ev hybrid sounds pretty great though. Keep it light, keep it easily refuelable, and reap the performance bump from combining with EV. Keep the legendary v8 sound, and win. Hopefully Canada takes a look at what America does with this and charts a better course.
Combine but keep separate. It’s bad enough a 12volt can halt all momentum, not really interested in a larger restraint.

Karguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jim Farley came out and said the mustang and other Ford models need to lose weight. I don't see how the mustang loses a lot of weight without a new platform or exotic materials.
You are 💯% right ! Farley needs to stop the bleeding that the electric nonsense created and produce better Quality because all these recalls are not good for consumer confidence and probably the money would be better spend on quality products in first place…Also what I did not understand when in 2014 when the S550 came out that the F150 went light/aluminum while the Mustang gained weight…And now the S650 even another 200 lbs more…Not good for a sporty car but lighter materials and new products cost money while a few new panels and touchscreens are cheap…

Karguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting that the mondeo was brought up when the current model is a china special that''s more related to the focus than the old Mondeo which went out of production in the west a few years ago.
They're phasing out the focus and fiesta has already gone here as well. It was madness when the fiesta was one of the highest (if not the highest some years) selling cars in the UK

Squint a lot and the gen 5 mondeo looks a bit like a mustang saloon, like they try and use tri bar lights.
Have they ever sold the mustang in china ? Would be a big market for a saloon there.

As for the electric push, they're really trying in the UK by forcing manufacturers to sell x% of vehciles as electric each year with x set at 22% this year (last year without incentive it was 14%) they're struggling to meet the target and dealers are canceling ICE factory orders after waiting a few weeks / months and offering EV's off the lot today, or wait another 3 months for an ICE that might be canceled again.

Annual ZEV Mandate targets to 2035
2024 22%
2025 28%
2026 33%
2027 38%
2028 52%
2029 66%
2030 80%
2035 100%

It's hard to find the info but eventually i found it, up to the end of april '24 (1/3rd of the year) BEV sales in the UK accounted for 15.7% of new vehicle registrations. Way off target to the point they'll have to stop all petrol sales for a few months To catch up.
If total says hit 2 million, they'd need to hit 440k BEV's and they're at 107k and sales are slowing.
The UK can mandate what they want as the UK car industry is already dead or foreign owned…As for Fiesta,Focus,Mondeo the margins got too small so they left the market to VW and the Koreans and soon chinese…As for china itself the chinese especially now with the trade-WAR buy chinese products and american brands will be closing shop in china in a year or two the most…The chinese are smart and go back to ICE big time and then a lot of legacy car makers will close for good…A few western luxury brands from germany and italy will survive but china will take care of the mass market…Because western brands were too greedy to produce there and transfer the knowledge and western politicians too stupid pushing all that electric crap that will like our cellphones come from china anyways but I think electric has no future for so many reasons…Look at Tesla and all their lay-offs…People finally realize that they have paid too much for a crappy product that pollutes more than any gas or diesel powered car and you waste a lot of valuable time recharging…And come battery replacement time (8years or so) your expensive toy is a total loss while Uncle Joe still thinks during a blackout his F150 Lightning will keep the light on in his house 🤣

Lastalii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yeah, a new business might emerge. Buy a new ICE car, drive it a thousand miles, and then store it in the garage for six months.
Sponsored