• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

For those upset with the new design… at least it doesn't look like new BMW M2

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
did someone outlaw curves this year on pain of death?
Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The M2 is ugly, but the M240i XDrive version is the one I'd go for anyway. Much better design than the M2 - which usually isn't the case. 380+ HP (underrated) that pulls 3.6 0-60 all day and with a VERY tunable engine will put out nearly 500HP without any engine modifications.
Not sure on the whole story because he wouldn’t tell me, but I had one of these in the shop recently with under 5000 miles on it on its 3rd turbo after the owner installed a JB4. It literally looked like someone jammed a screwdriver in the spinning turbo and totally destroyed it. According to BMW engineering it was due to overboost and they said they could prove it 100%. So that being said, I’d be careful with one of these.
S650 Mustang For those upset with the new design… at least it doesn't look like new BMW M2 594BFB19-8714-49BB-8963-970A28534A94

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Not sure on the whole story because he wouldn’t tell me, but I had one of these in the shop recently with under 5000 miles on it on its 3rd turbo after the owner installed a JB4. It literally looked like someone jammed a screwdriver in the spinning turbo and totally destroyed it. According to BMW engineering it was due to overboost and they said they could prove it 100%. So that being said, I’d be careful with one of these.
594BFB19-8714-49BB-8963-970A28534A94.jpeg
I've never trusted the JB4 tunes (or any other plug in tune). Always go to a reputable shop and get a proper tune - at least that's what I did with my VWs and never ran into any problems.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Official pics, but in red. +Natural light
2023-bmw-m2-coupe-22.jpeg

2023-bmw-m2-coupe-18.jpeg?fit=around%7C770:481.jpg
2023-bmw-m2-coupe-21.jpeg?fit=around%7C770:481.jpg

Still fugly, but the front looks miles better. Rear... not so much.
It's definitely much better in red, and the lighting and perspectives are much more flattering, but still a nope in my book.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
It's "only" 2000 USD more than a Mach 1 with the A10 here in Sweden.... The M2 opted with the A8 is cheaper than the M6

So e.g. compared to a Dark Horse it will be interesting. I drove the M3 comp RWD on track a couple of weeks ago and it was truly great

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
It seems or at least reminds of a home wide body job.
Perhaps in flesh it’s better, but it definitely has a kit car look about it.
To each his own though. The s650 is a Lot nicer.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
It seems or at least reminds of a home wide body job.
Perhaps in flesh it’s better, but it definitely has a kit car look about it.
To each his own though. The s650 is a Lot nicer.
Even I can’t spin out some pseudo-intellectual design talk to sell this thing…

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
This thread is long in the tooth, but I came across an article in Designfax magazine which IMO reinforces the OP main point, greatly. The headline:

BMW M4 CSL: High-end racer for everyday driving.

As part of its 50th birthday celebrations, BMW is producing a very special limited-edition model -- the new 2023 543-hp BMW M4 CSL. It mixes old-school track enthusiasm with innovative technology to create a formidable racer for everyday driving. With its next-level power, intelligent lightweight design, two-seater configuration, model-specific chassis upgrades, and bad-to-the-bone looks, it's the closest a BMW production car has ever gotten to one of the brand's official race cars.

This BMW strikes me as fugly. I suppose one could talk himself into liking it. The 7G by comparison
struck me as neutral first, but I am starting to like it. The only sticky point is I miss the double brow dash. Something about the 7G dash says 6G camaro. But the trend is the trend. Who would ever have thought we see the day when BMW edges toward Mustang in looks, and Mustang out drives it.

S650 Mustang For those upset with the new design… at least it doesn't look like new BMW M2 BMWM4CSL560F

S650 Mustang For those upset with the new design… at least it doesn't look like new BMW M2 BMWM4CSL560B

S650 Mustang For those upset with the new design… at least it doesn't look like new BMW M2 BMWM4CSL560R

S650 Mustang For those upset with the new design… at least it doesn't look like new BMW M2 BMWM4CSL560M

S650 Mustang For those upset with the new design… at least it doesn't look like new BMW M2 BMWM4CSL560E

Last edited:

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
This thread is long in the tooth, but I came across an article in Designfax magazine which IMO reinforces the OP main point, greatly. The headline:

BMW M4 CSL: High-end racer for everyday driving.

As part of its 50th birthday celebrations, BMW is producing a very special limited-edition model -- the new 2023 543-hp BMW M4 CSL. It mixes old-school track enthusiasm with innovative technology to create a formidable racer for everyday driving. With its next-level power, intelligent lightweight design, two-seater configuration, model-specific chassis upgrades, and bad-to-the-bone looks, it's the closest a BMW production car has ever gotten to one of the brand's official race cars.

This BMW strikes me as fugly. I suppose one could talk himself into liking it. The 7G by comparison
struck me as neutral first, but I am starting to like it. The only sticky point is I miss the double brow dash. Something about the 7G dash says 6G camaro. But the trend is the trend. Who would ever have thought we see the day when BMW edges toward Mustang in looks, and Mustang out drives it.

BMWM4CSL560F.jpg

BMWM4CSL560B.jpg

BMWM4CSL560R.jpg

BMWM4CSL560M.jpg

BMWM4CSL560E.jpg
I do not see what you mean by "edges toward mustang in looks."

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
I do not see what you mean by "edges toward mustang in looks."
Look at the second M4 photo from the top. Cover the front from the center badge down.
I do not see a BMW, I see a Fighter Jet Gray 2022 Mach One. If you see a BMW, so be it.
If you are referring to the grill, forget about it. I see a refuse collector truck.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Look at the second M4 photo from the top. Cover the front from the center badge down.
I do not see a BMW, I see a Fighter Jet Gray 2022 Mach One. If you see a BMW, so be it.
If you are referring to the grill, forget about it. I see a refuse collector truck.
I see your point. Thanks

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
I do not see a BMW,
I see designers who ran out of computer time after they got done doing the side doors and were like, we'll just use a butter knife for the bulbous rear. Front and back don't remotely go together.
Sponsored