• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

For those upset with the new design… at least it doesn't look like new BMW M2

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
I actually like the new M2, it definitely is in the running if I move on from my current S550. If the pricing of the dark horse is near the M2 probably going for the M2. What I found interesting is te new interior of the new M2, very similar to the premium Mustang with just better materials.

S650 Mustang For those upset with the new design… at least it doesn't look like new BMW M2 1675197333436
Sponsored

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
I actually like the new M2, it definitely is in the running if I move on from my current S550. If the pricing of the dark horse is near the M2 probably going for the M2. What I found interesting is te new interior of the new M2, very similar to the premium Mustang with just better materials.

1675197333436.png
Why though? No tremec, no V8, not 500 hp, a subscription for heated seats(!) and other basic amenities the mustang will have standard, and not as good looking(tbh, it is not nearly as bad as the m3/m4 twins).

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love Stangs, but I also love BMW M cars.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
BMW and Mercedes set the stage for future interiors. The Mustang has always seemed to track with bmw M Vehicles.

the m2 and mustang interiors are very similar. Good thing that the mustang exterior blows the m2 away.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why though? No tremec, no V8, not 500 hp, a subscription for heated seats(!) and other basic amenities the mustang will have standard, and not as good looking(tbh, it is not nearly as bad as the m3/m4 twins).

Where did you hear you need a subscription for heated seats? They are standard on the M2. I like the way the new M2 looks. Just an FYI I may not get out of my 2020 S550, its just if I do make a change it would be a S650 or the new M2. I get a car for what I like not what others like. I like the compact feel of the new M2.

The new M2 is almost 9" shorter, with a longer wheelbase, almost the same width. The Mustang is about an inch shorter in height. Not to mention the 453hp engine will be way underated as BMWs usually do. Standard features for the M2, just a short portion of it that shows heated seats standard

S650 Mustang For those upset with the new design… at least it doesn't look like new BMW M2 1675221827299

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW and Mercedes set the stage for future interiors. The Mustang has always seemed to track with bmw M Vehicles.

the m2 and mustang interiors are very similar. Good thing that the mustang exterior blows the m2 away.

I like the S550 exterior better than the S650. I just love the interior and technology on the S650. The issue I may have with the Mustang is the build materials for the interior. From the looks of it, have yet to sit in one, the materials don't look that much better than the S550. Which is quite a bit of a letdown vs. the BMW. The pricing is going to be very close between the M2 and the DH.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
The M2 is on my short list as well...I kind of dig the weirdo styling...

One thing is for sure, though...it won't be light. IIRC, it's over 3800lbs with the 6M and another +50 with the A8. I'm very curious to see how it drives. The previous gen was great.

As for price, the way I spec'd it ends up being in the low $90k range. Considering a fully loaded M1 HP was about $5k less, I'd say the new DH is going to be right there with the M2 in price. More if you include the CF wheels.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
The M240i XDrive is on my short list. I would love the M2, but it needs to be AWD, then it won't matter if it has 35 fewer HP than the Mustang -- can't beat that AWD traction for year round fun.

The interiors of both cars have similar designs, but the M240i I test drove had a tank like build quality.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
https://www.themanual.com/auto/bmw-heated-seats-subscription-rules-clarified/

I'm not familiar with what all manufacturers are experimenting with the concept of features by subscription.

I think the concept is cheap.

"Congratulations on your new car! But ya know, for the days you want to head to the track, your'e going to have to subscribe to this service, so as to unlock the car's full potential (engine and suspension). The car is yours, except for these bits; we still own those."

If BMW or any manufacturer wants to simplify their supply chains by fielding an item (all cars ship with the ability to heat their seats), with a later option to enable functionality, great. Let's price that out. But a continuing subscription over the life of the car? No Thanks.

I'd like to see BMW focus more on better designs and QC, less on providing subscription-based services.

Last edited:

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Where did you hear you need a subscription for heated seats? They are standard on the M2. I like the way the new M2 looks. Just an FYI I may not get out of my 2020 S550, its just if I do make a change it would be a S650 or the new M2. I get a car for what I like not what others like. I like the compact feel of the new M2.

The new M2 is almost 9" shorter, with a longer wheelbase, almost the same width. The Mustang is about an inch shorter in height. Not to mention the 453hp engine will be way underated as BMWs usually do. Standard features for the M2, just a short portion of it that shows heated seats standard

1675221827299.png
They come equipped standard, but you have to pay a subscription to use them. Same with apple car play. The software is there, but you have to pay to use it.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
less on providing subscription-based services.
but recurring revenue gets accountants hard. It's the new scam. With enough time they'll dove-tail it into paying a subscription fee for the ECU and at that point you're back to 'lease' with no buyout clause.

What boggles is the utterly trivial cost of things like heated seats (maybe $200) that Ford et. al. think they can sell for $4000. Give it a few more years and the Asians will DESTROY Detroit's ability to charge insane markups for trivialities.

I guess TEsla in some ways is starting to put the screws to Detroit by lopping off gross margin on batteries. Come on Ford, DESTROY your competition by stop playing the age old game of screwing the consumer blind, and make GM bleed. It's not like your stock price can get any lower...

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They come equipped standard, but you have to pay a subscription to use them. Same with apple car play. The software is there, but you have to pay to use it.
No subscription necessary for heated seats in US. The subscription is for other markets where heated seats aren't offered in the standard build.

AFAIK BMW will only use subscription services in the US for equipment they elect to install in cars but you chose not to buy. A good example would be wireless charging. You didn't buy it as an option but for simplicity sake they installed it anyway. You then can monthly, annually or fully add that feature in the future.

That being said, heated seats are standard. No need to buy

Last edited: