• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

EcoBoost Owners Unite!

Tafische

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Seems like most everyone here are GT or DH owners. How about some discussion about the EcoBoost and why your purchased one and anything else you want to say about the EcoBoost....

---------------
So I'm 50 something and never owned a new car...I have mainly owned a pickup and this is like my 6th car in almost 30 years of driving...its time to treat myself!. My wife and I were on a trip to the Rocky Mountains and the rental car company gave us a convertible ecoboost. We loved it and decided it was great as we could spend time together at a point when our marriage was on edge. It had plenty of power, hell we were cruising 100+ on the interstate with a Porche, GT, and a Challenger. I need a daily driver with decent gas mileage and I want some good comfort features. We love the convertible which also seems to be an oddity. I would absolutely love to have the V8, but I would just never have an opportunity to take advantage of it. Why not save some $$?

So anyway - I am happy to join the club! I did add the active exhaust for a little fun....but I am ready to have some fun! How about you?
Sponsored

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
Ever since the S550 got the ecoboost over a traditional V6, I’ve believed the “budget mustang” is a seriously good pick. 300hp is nothing to scoff at for $30k, and for a car that’s faster than the original V8 mustangs many of us drool over? It’s a viable option.

Also I love the cleaner look of the S650’s ecoboost vs the GT. Those extra grilles are too much.

3 Golfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazada cx5,Dart, 335I, 2024 mustang(on order)
Seems like most everyone here are GT or DH owners. How about some discussion about the EcoBoost and why your purchased one and anything else you want to say about the EcoBoost....

---------------
So I'm 50 something and never owned a new car...I have mainly owned a pickup and this is like my 6th car in almost 30 years of driving...its time to treat myself!. My wife and I were on a trip to the Rocky Mountains and the rental car company gave us a convertible ecoboost. We loved it and decided it was great as we could spend time together at a point when our marriage was on edge. It had plenty of power, hell we were cruising 100+ on the interstate with a Porche, GT, and a Challenger. I need a daily driver with decent gas mileage and I want some good comfort features. We love the convertible which also seems to be an oddity. I would absolutely love to have the V8, but I would just never have an opportunity to take advantage of it. Why not save some $$?

So anyway - I am happy to join the club! I did add the active exhaust for a little fun....but I am ready to have some fun! How about you?
Glad to join the club. I am 72 and don't need a V8. Love having a convertible that is fully loaded. A new 430I or a mb C300 convertible is $65,000 to $75,000 and the mustang has more horse power.

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
I went with the EB for purchase cost, maintenance, weight, tunability, mileage, and the knowledge that 300+ hp is more than enough for me.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
If you'e already on here before the car is out, you're. probably going to want the GT sooner than you think. Speaking from experience

OP
OP

Tafische

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
If you'e already on here before the car is out, you're. probably going to want the GT sooner than you think. Speaking from experience
Ha...you are probably right!! But I think I am going to be pretty happy. What sold me was a rental car I had a few months ago. I mean I want to GT bad....just not enough to pay for it lol.....

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ‘22 Maverick, ‘23 Escape
I had a 2011 V6 that I used a daily driver for 7 years; it was great. You will be happy with the HP and cost savings.

For me, my next new Mustang will be a ‘toy’ car, so gotta have the 5.0 this time around.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I put 51k miles on my 15’ EB Premium and loved everyone of them. It was a great car and from a performance point of view the power was more than sufficient. But as member of the muscle car era I felt the need for one more rip roaring V8. The Coyote has more than met that need for me.

OP
OP

Tafische

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Just got my scheduled email a few minutes ago. EcoBoost convertible - July 31. It was ordered 4/8.

Jxp1962

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang ecoboost premium
I own a 2017 ecoboost pp, i love the car, its quick gets killer mileage 27-28 mpg always. I just longed for that rumble when starting it up… ive decided to go 8 cylinders… lose the mileage but i know i will love that rumble…

GTPony24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang by convertible

---------------

You’re going to love it. I also rented a Mustang convertible ecoboost, and then bought one. The previous owner had swapped out some of the front and cosmetics, including the grill and bumper lip. Creating a really mean. Shelby like appearance. He also had the rims baked in gloss black. They are very fast and nimble stock, but I’m telling you, you can get some seriously good power gains with short money because of the turbo charged engine design if you decide to have a little fun and boost the car down the road not that it’s needed. I did a Cobb tune. And took it all the way to stage 3 with the cold air intake, intercooler, downpipe etc. (about 4K). We put it on the Dyno and it made 370 HP. It was a 2018 model and I drove it for 3 years with no problems at all and the whole family had a blast.

S650 Mustang EcoBoost Owners Unite! IMG_1024
Sponsored