• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse future owners

Cirnek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 Ecoboost, 2018 Explorer Sport,
A bit of good news on my end. I found a dealership that will sell me the car at MSRP and they have a few allocations left if anyone is interested. My order has been placed and I've already gotten my email confirmation from Ford.
Sponsored

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 GT Vert, 21 Bronco Badlands, 24 Dark Horse
@Cirnek How quickly after your order was submitted did you get your email from Ford?

Cirnek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 Ecoboost, 2018 Explorer Sport,

raptor5244

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
I am on the fence on dealer model. I mean I am sure one of the reasons Ford is charging so much is to get a bigger piece of the pie. And in normal times you rarely pay MSRP. Get rid of dealers and you will pay MSRP everytime.
True, and I assume Ford would do the same as Tesla and simply change the price on the website from week to week, month to month as demand dictates. I am also not sure if we are ever going back to huge supply levels in the auto industry anymore, which will normalize pricing a bit more.

The direct model does help prevent the ADM and "mandatory dealer packages" they try to stick you with when you take delivery. The next generation of buyers prefer to click on a website, fill out some forms and pickup the car. No one has the time or patience for the traditional dealership model anymore. I wish we could order a Mustang online, pricing is locked in and pick the dealership to deliver it to or ship it to my house.

I have seen lots of deals where folks order the car and the dealer agrees to MSRP but when the car comes in all of a sudden the story changes or it is MSRP plus some mandatory dealership packages adding thousands.

TexasQ750

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Steeda Q750 Mustang
My local dealership outside San Antonio, Tx has an allotment of 4. I was told ADM will be $10-15k over and that all were spoken for within 24 hours of order bank opening. However, I refer them a ton of business and was offered one at MSRP + a tint/paint protection pkg.
DH premium, blue ember, 700a, MANUAL, track/handling pkg, appearance pkg, and CF wheels. Pretty much every box checked except painted stripes. And yes, if I keep it, she will be tracked heavily.

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
My local dealership outside San Antonio, Tx has an allotment of 4. I was told ADM will be $10-15k over and that all were spoken for within 24 hours of order bank opening. However, I refer them a ton of business and was offered one at MSRP + a tint/paint protection pkg.
DH premium, blue ember, 700a, MANUAL, track/handling pkg, appearance pkg, and CF wheels. Pretty much every box checked except painted stripes. And yes, if I keep it, she will be tracked heavily.
If the (4) allocations were all already spoken for, how did you get one from them? Math does t make any sense, or did one appear from the heavens?

TexasQ750

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Steeda Q750 Mustang
If the (4) allocations were all already spoken for, how did you get one from them? Math does t make any sense, or did one appear from the heavens?
I was offered 1 of the 4.

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
OP
OP
Ryunker

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
I just hope my heat and cooled seats don’t look like crap. Wanted the Recaro’s and 6 speed,but wife is short and has a bad ACL in left knee. And it’s her car . Lol. Can’t find a pic for sure of the seats.
hopefully they will look like the recaro with inserts and maybe a dark horse stitched emblem or something.
Photos of them are posted on here, they look awesome and glad I went that route with ember blue vs the others. search for new york auto show photos, dude took many of the standard interior, awesome stuff.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
They wanted 10k over, got it down to 5k over. Not ideal, but it is what it is. Paid 5k over for my Type R as well. Just seems to be the norm here in Northern California.

Logan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
Had one in Illinois try and charge 40k add-on because they don't do cash sales. Wanted 120k because not using their financing. Huntley Ford in Huntley Illinois. If I financed on a 15k mark up. I walked of course. I bought one the next day for sticker price. Both cars exactly the same, exactly what I special ordered from Ford and they kept making packages unavailable. Called customer relations asked for a supervisor, explained than I placed order 04/2023 and now couldn't even get the Blue Ember Metallic, she said I'll see if I can locate one for you. She did and now I have my loaded DH Blue Ember Metallic sitting in my garage. And NO MARK UP . Don't pay a mark up. Drive and get it. Customer relations can find the exact car you ordered in stock at a dealership in your state. Call them it worked for me.

OP
OP
Ryunker

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
Had one in Illinois try and charge 40k add-on because they don't do cash sales. Wanted 120k because not using their financing. Huntley Ford in Huntley Illinois. If I financed on a 15k mark up. I walked of course. I bought one the next day for sticker price. Both cars exactly the same, exactly what I special ordered from Ford and they kept making packages unavailable. Called customer relations asked for a supervisor, explained than I placed order 04/2023 and now couldn't even get the Blue Ember Metallic, she said I'll see if I can locate one for you. She did and now I have my loaded DH Blue Ember Metallic sitting in my garage. And NO MARK UP . Don't pay a mark up. Drive and get it. Customer relations can find the exact car you ordered in stock at a dealership in your state. Call them it worked for me.
So where in Illinois do you live? We just (two years ago) left our life we had in Crystal Lake and moved out west
Sponsored