• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse future owners

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 6 speed, 2021 Volvo XC40 R-Design
Yes my spec comes out to just over 80K after 7K markup and taxes title and fees.

I've been looking around for a dealer in the Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, are Austin areas that might sell me a Dark Horse with no markup but I'm not having any luck. Everyone I've called so far is at least 10K over sticker. As much as I want the car The markups are pricing it out of reach well into the 80 and 90k.
Sponsored

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617)
$0 to $15K over sticker in the Tidewater area of Virginia, with most dealerships close to the $15K mark.

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
$0 to $15K over sticker in the Tidewater area of Virginia, with most dealerships close to the $15K mark.
The dealer I found was a small town with one allocation and the ADM concept seemed a bit foreign to them. I mean they knew what it was and said if I felt guilty I could pay them more.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Did any of y’all notice ford hiked DH prices 2 grand already..

raptor5244

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Yes my spec comes out to just over 80K after 7K markup and taxes title and fees.
If this is some "forever" car then I guess you may be able to justify paying whatever for it but I like to switch things up every couple of years and don't want to get crushed on depreciation. Same thing happened with the C8s now, people are buying them for under MSRP. If you order a DH with desirable build and a manual transmission then it will probably hold its resale better. Mustangs with the A10 will be a dime a dozen.

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The build & price spec for my DH is still the same as the quote I received from the dealer back before the order banks even opened.

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agree with your comment on the A10. There’s a good chance I won’t purchase from the dealer that is charging over MSRP. I will most likely go through with the one that quoted me MSRP.

If this is some "forever" car then I guess you may be able to justify paying whatever for it but I like to switch things up every couple of years and don't want to get crushed on depreciation. Same thing happened with the C8s now, people are buying them for under MSRP. If you order a DH with desirable build and a manual transmission then it will probably hold its resale better. Mustangs with the A10 will be a dime a dozen.

raptor5244

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Agree with your comment on the A10. There’s a good chance I won’t purchase from the dealer that is charging over MSRP. I will most likely go through with the one that quoted me MSRP.
Yeah, if you are patient these DHs will eventually become readily available at MSRP. The typical Mustang buyer is going to finance a $70k car and with rates at 6-7% it will put the DH out of reach for a lot of folks. I experienced the same thing when I was buying my Blackwing. Started out $50k over, then $20K, then $10k, once they realize no one is paying that then they sell for MSRP. The only way to stop the ADM is to not pay it.

Last edited:

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
Where do you see that? I see the same price as always.

Bartman203

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
But 10 speed will smoke manual shifts ass. But manual shifts are more fun to drive

Last edited:

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At least for someone of my temperament, owning an automatic mustang gt sucked. I just wanted to race everyone, accelerate quicker, and go faster. Nothing else was fun about it. At least with a manual, everything is fun about it. Maybe I would get smoked by just about every automatic pony/sports car out there. But my days of wishing to race any poor bastard that would pull up to me at a red light are over.

But 10 speed will smoke manual shifts ass. But manual shifts are more fun to drive

eukoski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang V6
$7,500 in Little Rock Arkansas. Calling around Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Upper Michigan I heard between $5,000 and $30k dealer markups. I'm skeptical when people say they're getting MSRP. They don't have the vehicle yet.
Sponsored