• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Does this advertising look right? "Protects for 15 Years or 500k miles"

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I was looking at oil options for my next oil change and stumbled upon "Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic 5W-30 Motor Oil"

Below is what they are advertising - "Protects for 15 years or 500k miles, guaranteed"

It even says we can enroll for their guarantee and we need to keep the receipts.

Sounds like BS to me. Doesn't oil level go down as you put miles on the car?

What do you guys think?

S650 Mustang Does this advertising look right? "Protects for 15 Years or 500k miles" 81IIgeK8XzL._AC_SX425_
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheRuthlessObliterator

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Read the fine print. It basically says that if you use this product and change your oil according to manufacturers recommendations, your engine will last 15 years or 500k miles.
Ahh, makes more sense now.

Thanks!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Read the fine print. It basically says that if you use this product and change your oil according to manufacturers recommendations, your engine will last 15 years or 500k miles.
Ahh, makes more sense now.

Thanks!
Which is why sometimes folks get a ā€˜bad tasteā€™ for those types of promotions - leading one to kinda close one eye when evaluating for oneā€™s own use ā€¦
Sponsored