• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Oil catch can YES or NO?

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
It would seem ford finds some value in one, dh seems to include one. At least according to the pdi checklist?
Agreed. The interesting part is that Ford feels some need to ship it with the DH, but leaves it up the Customer to install it:
S650 Mustang Oil catch can YES or NO? SmartSelect_20230728_173743_Adobe Acrobat

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
since its in there with the gurney flap tells me that its probably only recommended if youre tracking the car, but not needed for every day use

CoyoteChubbz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyoto 86, F150
I don't think there would be a strong need for a catch can, the coyote has Port and Direct injection to fight off the carbon build up on your valves.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
since its in there with the gurney flap tells me that its probably only recommended if youre tracking the car, but not needed for every day use
In that case, throw it in the trunk when you do the gt pp, thank you very much. hopefully the clip issue is resolved. Should really be a simple hose swap and snap in place but who knows what they did.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
From what I saw elsewhere, the gurney flap is extra so I don't expect one with mine. In addition, the gurney flap was not recommended for street use so you leave it in the trunk until you get to the track.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
In that case, throw it in the trunk when you do the gt pp, thank you very much. hopefully the clip issue is resolved. Should really be a simple hose swap and snap in place but who knows what they did.
Not sure if you're referencing the gurney flap or the catch can, but neither come with the GT. Only the DH.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if you're referencing the gurney flap or the catch can, but neither come with the GT. Only the DH.
Catch can, acknowledged and hence the request it be included in the pp. truth be told Iā€™d rather have the can for the gt pp than the strakes.

OP
OP

Nv6974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So if you do buy the catch can do you get one for both sides?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depends on the application, however, for the most part, most do the passenger side only.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Agreed.

Street driving with occasional track, passenger side only.

Track enthusiast, tracking often, both sides.

Forced Induction or turbo, discuss with the vender.

Reactions: Zig

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Depends on the application, however, for the most part, most do the passenger side only.
What is the reasoning for passenger side only? I have seen that mentioned before but I never understood why the passenger side produces more.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
What is the reasoning for passenger side only?
I think, nothing more than convenience. To install the can, you'll disconnect and remove an existing PCV-related connection, one from the passenger side.

For tracking, the car is moving around, things sloshing (LOL) around, high G and RPMs, more severe duty, etc.

For FI or turbo, some can have unique designs, setups and installations.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is the reasoning for passenger side only? I have seen that mentioned before but I never understood why the passenger side produces more.
The guys down under put them on the drivers sideā€¦..

Plumbing, vacuumā€¦ although tbh, until we see what the dh can is like and how its plumbed canā€™t say for sureā€¦..
Sponsored