• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
So we have two videos regarding this. One with outrageous gains and one without, LOL.

Hopefully we can get some more data on this so we can get some consistency with the results.
Sponsored

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Mach 1 vs Dark Horse hydrocarbon filter
20230908_054725.jpg

top is Mach 1, bottom is Dark Horse
Is it the photo, or does the top look more restrictive? I get the shapes are slightly different, but the top looks more "tightly packed". That could somewhat corroborate the people not seeing the same gains the Gen3s got when removing.

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
There is a potential problem with this modification. When you get your smog test, they may check to make sure the filter is in place. People have removed the catalytic converter and sometimes even get away with it for a while. Then one of the inspectors does their job correctly and finds it's missing. Needless to say, you don't pass inspection until everything is restored to factory specifications.
We don’t have these tests in Canada anymore for cars. I don’t see how they good tell those 2 filters have been taken off unless they take everything apart to see for themselves.

IPB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra AT4 6.2L, 22 BMX X3M40, 00 Honda S2K
In this vid they got 16 HP gain.

One vid is a DH and the other a GT, so you have some variance there, also from an apple to apples perspective do we know if the GT has the active valve exhaust. There are some variable that could have an impact on the final numbers, heat, humidity, dyno calibration/type etc..

I think the only way to have these be accurate is one company with the DH, and a GT with the exhaust details and run the dyno pulls. A controlled setting would yield the most accurate results.

LavaRed50

Threads
Reaction score
Website
atomictracksolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2024 Mustang GT
My car/video is the one that picked up 16-17. The car is a 10spd, 3.15, active exhaust. I have raced buddies with 2018-2022 bolt-on cars before and after removal. 1-2 car length difference easy. I'll assume that 16whp difference is true based on that. Unfortunately without datalogging a bunch of channels, it's hard to say from dyno pulls alone what attributed to the power. I'm waiting for the message from HPT to send my pcm in so we can really get an apples to apples in 1:1 gear. I'm ready to get to tuning on this dang thing.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
My car/video is the one that picked up 16-17. The car is a 10spd, 3.15, active exhaust. I have raced buddies with 2018-2022 bolt-on cars before and after removal. 1-2 car length difference easy. I'll assume that 16whp difference is true based on that. Unfortunately without datalogging a bunch of channels, it's hard to say from dyno pulls alone what attributed to the power. I'm waiting for the message from HPT to send my pcm in so we can really get an apples to apples in 1:1 gear. I'm ready to get to tuning on this dang thing.
Put them back, retest? Oops unserviceable part.. short of taping the computer could one do two pulls, pull the screens (err laminar airflow manipulator?), do two pulls, drive around for 50 - 100 miles, do two more pulls, put the screens/traps back, do two more pulls, drive 50… two more pulls.

granted it would take two sets of intake tubes.

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
after having the filters out of my Dark Horse for a day, i can say that throttle response feels a bit sharper, and there is more intake noise, but i can't comment about power because i'm still used to only 310hp from my EcoBoost

LavaRed50

Threads
Reaction score
Website
atomictracksolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2024 Mustang GT
Put them back, retest? Oops unserviceable part.. short of taping the computer could one do two pulls, pull the screens (err laminar airflow manipulator?), do two pulls, drive around for 50 - 100 miles, do two more pulls, put the screens/traps back, do two more pulls, drive 50… two more pulls.

granted it would take two sets of intake tubes.
I did two pulls completely up to temp without, then with. Posted the best of each. Went from being side by side or even getting beat by a half a car, to beating him every time no matter who gets the jump. Someone else can spend 2 days and hundreds of dollars on it. Until then, I’ll keep outrunning my buddy.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I did two pulls completely up to temp without, then with. Posted the best of each. Went from being side by side or even getting beat by a half a car, to beating him every time no matter who gets the jump. Someone else can spend 2 days and hundreds of dollars on it. Until then, I’ll keep outrunning my buddy.
Apologies, I seem to have missed the without and then with post. Truly the only way to prove the gain is to show the decrease when reapplied/reversed 👍🏻. I for one have disagreements with the stock air boxes and tubes as designed and presented but maybe it’s just me. In and out are the first things I look at and then…

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1; AT; M0960
Seems a little more difficult than the 22-23 process. I swear this is more evidence that the dual intake coyote was headed to the Mach 1 before the EPA started all of this nonsense to decrease the emissions. Remember the rumor of the Mach 1 getting 525 HP? This mod appears to get the DH into that range at the crank. I am glad I live in AL...no emissions testing. If I bought a DH, this would probably be my one and only mod.

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Not sure if there is a thread relating to this video or not...

Testing Intake Restrictions of the 2024 S650 Mustang GT! - YouTube

TLDW: You don't actually need to cut anything if you don't want to. The video gives some great information on how to do it. You could then put it back to stock with enough patience and probably swearing/sweating, LOL.

As for the dyno results...assuming these numbers are correct and not fudged in any way...that midrange gain is MASSIVE. Peak gains are also very stout, but that midrange torque blows my mind.

EDIT: For those too lazy to watch a 5 minute video, the gains were +16 WHP / +17 WTQ peak...and although they don't actually show you the official midrange numbers in the video (why DAMNIT?!), I'd wager almost +30 WHP and around +45 WTQ at roughly 3900 RPM. Those are serious gains that I hope more shops start to test and verify.
So the GTs are really pushing about 496/502hp at the crank, if I'm reading this correctly, which would push the DH to about 516?

HopfibreSn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1/MT82
I think the truth about the hp ratings will be clear once we start seeing 1/4 mile data. We already know what the S550 times are