• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Did I just get ripped off?

P2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Vapor Blue Mustang GT Premium 401A 6 Speed
Just a thought... you paid over 1K for a 10 year rust insurance policy? 1st - is that warranty transferable? and 2nd - Do you plan on keeping that car for 10 YEARS? if not, you got ripped. I'd demand my 1k back and tell them to go pound sand.
Sponsored

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Unless something changed from the S550, our mustangs come with a 5 year unlimited mile rust warranty.

Agreed with the above though, yes you got fleeced but you're not getting your money back. This is one of the many reasons why you don't step into the dealership until everything is confirmed and all you do is sign and driveee

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
you can (always?) go back to finance and have them strike this or that add-on. Esp inside of 30 days. For example I bought the Ford ESP at the dealer, then got educated and bought it from outfit in CT for 1/3rd the price. Marched into the dealership and had them strike the almost $3000 charge. In my case it was applied to my Ford loan balance.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
you can (always?) go back to finance and have them strike this or that add-on. Esp inside of 30 days. For example I bought the Ford ESP at the dealer, then got educated and bought it from outfit in CT for 1/3rd the price. Marched into the dealership and had them strike the almost $3000 charge. In my case it was applied to my Ford loan balance.

This is not even the same. You can transfer and cancel an ESP. A product applied after or before you signed the contract you are not getting a refund on. This is something that should have been dealt with before anything was signed.

Lesson learned as stated. At least it is not that much, we have some "Desert Paint Protection" that some dealers list close to $2000 and it is the same thing they sold him.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Several years ago, I would not have been aware of many of these practices, what questions to ask and how to avoid these situations. Thanks for starting the thread. :like: Anyone cruising the site will be aware of the topic, potential pitfalls and when to say, "No." Take solace in that.

Some have close relationships with their dealers, are well-versed in specific products or services and their values. For the rest of us, a good general practice to follow is no dealer add-ons. Broach the topic during initial pricing negotiations. Several Members highlighted document fees, another item worthy of discussion at the beginning.

Have a thorough walk-through of everything, soup-to-nuts, before committing the order. Pause for a day or two and return (I always have follow-ups). Accomplish the heavy lifting and any unpleasant conversations in the beginning, so as to avoid surprises later.

In those few instances where the dealer could offer the best bang for the buck, the owner can always return to purchase that item or service afterwards.

Thanks again for the thread. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Several years ago, I would not have been aware of many of these practices, what questions to ask and how to avoid these situations. Thanks for starting the thread. :like: Anyone cruising the site will be aware of the topic, potential pitfalls and when to say, "No." Take solace in that.

Thanks again for the thread. :thumbsup:
I couldn't agree more. We've all done things when buying cars that we regret. Chalk it up to one of life's lessons and move on. Don't beat yourself up. At the age of 75, I still amaze myself at how stupid I can sometimes be.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Completely off track as I have nothing more to contribute to this thread since I already shared OP my piece, but I am giggling wayyyyy too much at your username. šŸ¤£ Love it.

S650 Mustang Did I just get ripped off? 1704468848031

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
Quick question, did they arrange the financing? I don't need to know the specifics, just whether or not they arranged tour financing.

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
They did. Through Ford Credit
Then you have leverage to get that Rust Proof Spoof off if you want to. They will not get their ā€œkick backā€ for financing if you advise them that you will refinance it with another lender unless they refund you for the snake oil. You have to keep the loan usually 90 days for them to be reimbursed. Thats why cancelling things seems harder than solving world peace, they are trying to stall until the payout comes. But if you are happy then leave it be.

OP
OP
Spartan 818

Spartan 818

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Then you have leverage to get that Rust Proof Spoof off if you want to. They will not get their ā€œkick backā€ for financing if you advise them that you will refinance it with another lender unless they refund you for the snake oil. You have to keep the loan usually 90 days for them to be reimbursed. Thats why cancelling things seems harder than solving world peace, they are trying to stall until the payout comes. But if you are happy then leave it be.
Iā€™ll seriously consider this. Thanks!!!

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2022 MT
For my 2011, I got ripped off of $500 the day I landed at the nearby airport to pickup my vert, after I thought I had negotiated everything remotely. They said the liquid guard body protection (or whatever they called it then) had ā€œalreadyā€ been applied and couldnā€™t be removed, and the tires had been refilled with Nitrogen. And then I got talked into getting a 3-year dent protection for an additional $300. I was a rookie.

But truth be told, Ford offered a $1000 incentive back at the time. And I got it twice : once with the Salesman on the phone to bring the price down to something agreeable, and once again by their Financing department the day I picked up the car. Crooks, but badly organized :giggle:

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Premium GT, Vapor Blue, Nite Pony Pkg
Hello everyone...After reading this thread, it confirmed what I already knew in regards to the extra warranty and coverage that I purchased with my new car a couple of months ago. I'm an idiot! I wish I declined all of the coverage and warranty. I think it's a big time scam!

Now, I'm pretty sure I can recoup some of the money that I spent by going to the dealership's Finance department and initiating the required forms. However, some of the things like the "ceramic coating" probably can't be refunded even though it should.

If anyone has already done this, please offer suggestions or tips to make this process easier.

Thanks in advance...

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
With the first Mustang I ordered the dealer offers a 'free' 100k powertrain warranty BUT they pack every car with dealer installed garbage. Fortunately I discovered this in time and cancelled my order and got my $500 deposit back. They also claimed I didn't need to submit my email with the sale as they would forward me all the updates, which never happened. This is one of the largest Mustang dealers in my area and they are official Roush dealers and were recommended by the local Mustang clubs which is why I went there in the first place. So fast forward and I went to my local mom and pop Ford dealership where I purchased my 03 Mustang and was out in 15 min. No BS, X-Plan accepted (`$3k off MRSP) no dealer add on crap, cash deal etc. And by the time I got home, about 15min, I had an email from Ford thanking me.
I've been buying cars for 40 years and know most of the tricks but the first dealer hit an all time low.

Here is what they install on EVERY CAR THEY SELL. Not sure what car it was from, but they all had this sticker.
I'm sure some people will want this stuff but let's just say a spray bottle of wax isn't worth this even coupled with the other useless stuff..
To each his own.

S650 Mustang Did I just get ripped off? 1704654784461
Sponsored

Last edited: