• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Did i cause damage? YES, I ran over a large curb!

It's Rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium
So, i ran my new GT over a blind curb pulling into a parking lot. It was 100% not visible when I pulled in, and I do sit high in my mustang, but still did not see it. I was going about 15-20 mph when I hit it.
There was the initial front right tire that hit, big thump, something in the middle hit the curb (another big thud), I think it was the trans oil cooler, or whatever looks like a cooler that's in front of the plastic trans oil pan. The curb hit the exhaust resonator, then the rear two tires ran over it.

My question is, what damage could I have caused by doing this?
I do not have any noticeable damage. Neither to the wheels, There are/were no wobbles, shaking, or thuds or thumping sounds after. Turning full left and right is fine. BUT, the only thing I 'might' be noticing, and it could be my imagination or a normal function, is that when I start up the car now, the engine seems to vibrate the car a little more than it first did, and I feel the car shaking with slightly more aggression. When the car is warmed up and idling, no shaking.

I have a Quickjack lift to where I plan to lift it up this weekend to take a look, but would someone direct me on where I should specifically be looking to see if any damage occurred?

Check out the curb photos. All that mud on the other side was NOT from me, but looks like a few other people have done this as well.
S650 Mustang Did i cause damage? YES, I ran over a large curb! PXL_20240105_202513058

S650 Mustang Did i cause damage? YES, I ran over a large curb! PXL_20240105_202510551

S650 Mustang Did i cause damage? YES, I ran over a large curb! PXL_20240105_202527839

S650 Mustang Did i cause damage? YES, I ran over a large curb! PXL_20240105_202533943

S650 Mustang Did i cause damage? YES, I ran over a large curb! PXL_20240105_202536039

S650 Mustang Did i cause damage? YES, I ran over a large curb! PXL_20240105_202457746
Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Inspect the entire underside..

If you did not damage anything, count yourself lucky, as that is a pretty tall curb.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
My guess is you didn't do serious damage but you probably knocked the car out of alignment. You need to take it in and have a 4 wheel alignment done. Tell them what you did as they will need to check the suspension to be sure that wasn't damaged.

Maria Sarli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Solara Convertible, Subaru Outback, Ford Ex
So, i ran my new GT over a blind curb pulling into a parking lot. It was 100% not visible when I pulled in, and I do sit high in my mustang, but still did not see it. I was going about 15-20 mph when I hit it.
There was the initial front right tire that hit, big thump, something in the middle hit the curb (another big thud), I think it was the trans oil cooler, or whatever looks like a cooler that's in front of the plastic trans oil pan. The curb hit the exhaust resonator, then the rear two tires ran over it.

I do not have any noticeable damage. Neither to the wheels, There are/were no wobbles, shaking, or thuds or thumping sounds after. Turning full left and right is fine. BUT, the only thing I 'might' be noticing, and it could be my imagination or a normal function, is that when I start up the car now, the engine seems to vibrate the car a little more than it first did, and I feel the car shaking with slightly more aggression. When the car is warmed up and idling, no shaking.

I have a Quickjack lift to where I plan to lift it up this weekend to take a look, but would someone direct me on where I should specifically be looking to see if any damage occurred?

Check out the curb photos. All that mud on the other side was NOT from me, but looks like a few other people have done this as well.
PXL_20240105_202513058.jpg

PXL_20240105_202510551.jpg

PXL_20240105_202527839.jpg

PXL_20240105_202533943.jpg

PXL_20240105_202536039.jpg

PXL_20240105_202457746.jpg
This is why we needed a front facing camera. I am still pissed there isn’t one and still isn’t an aftermarket one that will show it on the screen. And I am short so I do really need it to see curbs.

missenow2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT premium convertible

In November, I hit a curb in a construction zone and busted both my passenger side tires. I was devastated. I just bought my 2024 Gt Premium Convertible on October 4. Cost me $800 to replace both tires. I was so upset. But, I did not do any damage to the wheels. So that was good, but I felt like an idiot. I’m so tired of damn construction. Ugh. But as soon as I hit the curb, my dashboard notified me that I had no air in those tires. I pulled into a condo complex to get help just about 1/16 a mile from the curb. Ugh ugh ugh. I think with you not have any damage noticeable is a breath of fresh air. I was doing about 30 mph when I hit. It was like thug thug. And I knew it was bad. 😩

OP
OP
It's Rob

It's Rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium
putting the car on the lift this coming weekend, and will update this thread then. been driving with it since this happened, and can't feel anything wrong except for maybe, possibly, but probably not, the starting vibration feel.

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
alignment could easily be off. that won't show up as advanced tire wear till later.
I hit a smaller curb - about half that height backing out of a parking spot and it cost me $5000. Thank you Audi and your retarded safety features.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
I would think the alignment is somewhat out of wack?
Please be sure to check the shocks and springs. I know they are heavy duty but not recommended for jumping curbs.
This may be an eye opener for the rest of us?
Thank You for sharing..

OP
OP
It's Rob

It's Rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium
Hey all. Seems like no damage at all except for a couple metal scrapes on the bottom. Alignment is fine, no left or right pull. Brought it to a dealership and they didn't find anything. I got lucky I think this time. Now I'm highly alert of curbs while out and about.

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
This is why we needed a front facing camera. I am still pissed there isn’t one and still isn’t an aftermarket one that will show it on the screen. And I am short so I do really need it to see curbs.
I don't think you have used the front camera during that action.

OP
OP
It's Rob

It's Rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium
Wait what? You drove over that whole curb there? From the left, over the curb to the parking space?
Yep. Front right tire went over first. Then the rear two tires went over. It was a hell of a bump, then another.

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
You be very fortunate