• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse WRECKED in transit!!!!

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
My DH took 3 months to deliver! I sent a message to my salesman today stating I wanted my deposit returned due to the 3 months my DH was in shipping, and because I was afraid something happened to it. 20 min later I get a picture of my DH being delivered…coincidence? I think not. I go to pick it up this evening and they inform me that at some point in the shipping process one of the splash/aero shields had been ripped off. I was told the car was okay to drive, per mechanic, and the part had been ordered (to be delivered and fixed the end of January).

I test drove the DH and LOVED it! Amazing vehicle. I have recently been cross shopping C8s due to the drop in prices. I like the DH just as much as any C8 I have driven. Tech is incredible, sound is INCREDIBLE, and design is amazing.

After the test drive I noticed the drivers side headlight had condensation in it. I checked under the front bumper and saw where the shield had been ripped out! Yes, literally ripped out. I then pushed/pulled on the bumper itself. On the driver side it would move approximately 4-6mm away from the hood and 1/4 panel under pressure. It also made a terrible squeaking sound.

I checked one of the other s650 GT on the lot and the bumper was solid.

I informed my salesman and the sales manager of the issues and refused delivery until all of this is fixed.

At this point, I am unsure if I want to take delivery of a wrecked car at all!

What would you do?

S650 Mustang Dark Horse WRECKED in transit!!!! IMG_2804

Edit:
I refused delivery of the car completely. My dealer returned my deposit and told me I could order another with no deposit.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Toor_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 s197 v6. Awaiting 2024 s650 GT PP/NP
Ask yourself - did you buy a brand new car or a wrecked car that’s been repaired?

I know we have all been waiting a long time for our deliveries and it’s hard to refuse a delivery, but take into consideration you paid for a brand new car

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
I would ask to have it replaced with a car of the same spec if ford can find one. The dealership could trade with another dealership for it. But I would not buy the one you drove. You leave yourself open to heartbreak and possible multiple repairs. Then you go from loving the car to hating the car and brand.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Refuse delivery period.
So sorry. That’s the worst to actually have the car right there and have to say goodbye.

Horrible that they did not own up to what happened. Sounds like the damage was worse and they slapped it back together for you.

in the long run, you’re going to get trouble with this car - both for yourself and when and if it comes time to resell.

you deserve a brand new, perfect factory fresh car for your hard earned money.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Sorry about what happened.

My initial read of the damage described does not concern me too much. It's a special car you've been waiting for. I can empathize with that.

I'm more bothered by two things: 1) the dealer wasn't up-front about what happened, how the car was received, when the car was received and 2) you appear to have discovered yet other damage from a simple test drive.

Everyone is going to be different in how they act or react to something. If I'd received a call, asked to come down at the time of delivery, had the situation explained to me, with the commitment to make it right, that would have gone a long way to placate any anxiety I would have had.

You refused delivery. That puts you in a good place. Taking the car first and later going back could have opened up any number of issues. Now, you have at least several weeks to mull things and consider your options.

I can't say what I'd have done. Every situation (amount of damage, dealer relationship, etc.) is going to be different.

If considering taking receipt, my initial thoughts are to ask for three things from the dealer: 1) an e-mail, copies of documentation, something explaining how the car was initially received, 2) aside from the typically dealer checkout, have them accomplish and document a Gold-level certification inspection and 3) a list of everything repaired or replaced.

Finally, do a brain dump now and document everything you can yourself. I often keep a dedicated notebook for these purposes.

Comps and discounts come to mind, but it'd be difficult to put a price on the wait and what happened. Maybe a free, Ford multi-year extended warranty? Maximum coverage, Premium level. That'd be a nice touch.

While the dealer is making repairs, you can continue to listen to us :facepalm:(LOL) and kick things around.

Best Wishes. :please: If possible, please update us on what happens.

Edit: Long-term valuation. As it sits now, the car has a Certificate of Origin from Ford and no title. The car will not be titled until sold. The buyer will receive and posses a "clean" car. Someone with deeper insight into Ford Oasis reports can advise if something will register here. Threads I've read before, Oasis typically tracks warrantied mechanical and electrical repairs of an owned vehicle.

It's unfortunate, but this does happen, to Ford and other manufacturers. There are untold numbers of people driving vehicles right now which have been repaired before initial sale. People who've worked at a dealer or are part of the industry can provide additional insight.

Last edited:

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
My DH took 3 months to deliver! I sent a message to my salesman today stating I wanted my deposit returned due to the 3 months my DH was in shipping, and because I was afraid something happened to it. 20 min later I get a picture of my DH being delivered…coincidence? I think not. I go to pick it up this evening and they inform me that at some point in the shipping process one of the splash/aero shields had been ripped off. I was told the car was okay to drive, per mechanic, and the part had been ordered (to be delivered and fixed the end of January).

I test drove the DH and LOVED it! Amazing vehicle. I have recently been cross shopping C8s due to the drop in prices. I like the DH just as much as any C8 I have driven. Tech is incredible, sound is INCREDIBLE, and design is amazing.

After the test drive I noticed the drivers side headlight had condensation in it. I checked under the front bumper and saw where the shield had been ripped out! Yes, literally ripped out. I then pushed/pulled on the bumper itself. On the driver side it would move approximately 4-6mm away from the hood and 1/4 panel under pressure. It also made a terrible squeaking sound.

I checked one of the other s650 GT on the lot and the bumper was solid.

I informed my salesman and the sales manager of the issues and refused delivery until all of this is fixed.

At this point, I am unsure if I want to take delivery of a wrecked car at all!

What would you do?

IMG_2804.jpeg
change the color to Blue Ember

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
Edit: Long-term valuation. As it sits now, the car has a Certificate of Origin from Ford and no title. The car will not be titled until sold. The buyer will receive and posses a "clean" car. Someone with deeper insight into Ford Oasis reports can advise if something will register here. Threads I've read before, Oasis typically tracks warrantied mechanical and electrical repairs of an owned vehicle.
If it was actual transit damage caused by the shipping companies it'll be marked as a warranty repair and paid for by said shipping company and to my knowledge will be marked in OASIS warranty history (although description of repairs may vary shop-to-shop) - we used to have a huge issue with cars showing up scratched or dinged and slowly we've been seeing less of that now.

Any other warrantable repairs will show up too if performed prior to customer delivery. Your VIN will also be flagged as "branded/salvage" if titled as so, as well as if the vehicle was sold new outside of the US.

As for OP - the damage doesn't sound too terrible. The tray might be more of a structural piece to keep the bumper from flopping around. I also wouldn't take delivery until it's fixed, and once it is fixed have it racked and lifted to inspect the repairs since you know about them now. Maybe try to wager some discount off MSRP or some addons for free.

jeffnudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Prem. Conv., 2022 Mav Hy XLT
If this was a car I had ordered, I would tell the dealer to find me a new, undamaged car of the same spec, or give me the deposit back, and I would search for another car with another dealer.

OP
OP
rchandler9

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All good information. Thank you to everyone who has posted so far. I am honestly sick over this. I have pretty much decided to decline delivery of the car and get my deposit back. Due to many of the reasons above. But mainly because it will always be a "wrecked car" in my mind., and I am afraid this will reduce the value of my car short/long term. I thought I might contact Ford to see if there is anything they would be willing to do from their end.

What sucks is that if I do reorder it will be months or years and the price of the car will be increased. I also will not have one of the first ones off the line!

slowjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT base manual
My front bumper was damaged in transit as well. Dealer spent weeks waiting on parts to repair it. Luckily I didn't place a deposit so it was simple to decline delivery and find a similar model on the lot elsewhere.

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Sucks to have that happen, but the damage doesn't seem bad at all. Just a new shield. And that probably keeps the bumper from moving as well.

If it were me, I'd probably take it and have them fix the car, which they said they'd do.

Nice looking car! 👍

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
All good information. Thank you to everyone who has posted so far. I am honestly sick over this. I have pretty much decided to decline delivery of the car and get my deposit back. Due to many of the reasons above. But mainly because it will always be a "wrecked car" in my mind., and I am afraid this will reduce the value of my car short/long term. I thought I might contact Ford to see if there is anything they would be willing to do from their end.

What sucks is that if I do reorder it will be months or years and the price of the car will be increased. I also will not have one of the first ones off the line!
I don't know man, all over the little plastic shield that's less than 100 bucks? Id take delivery but it's all about what you're comfortable with.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Personally, there's something wrong with waiting so long for a car and then finding out it was damaged in transit. I'd refuse it and find something else.

OP
OP
rchandler9

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know man, all over the little plastic shield that's less than 100 bucks? Id take delivery but it's all about what you're comfortable with.
There is alot more damage than just the plastic shield. Yes that was ripped off, but I think the healight is cracked (due to condensation in it) and some other clips or something of that nature are broken in the bumper.

OP
OP
rchandler9

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Personally, there's something wrong with waiting so long for a car and then finding out it was damaged in transit. I'd refuse it and find something else.
I am leaning toward this. I have been cross shopping the C8s while waiting for my Dark Horse.
Sponsored