• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Looking at all the problems with recalls and such all I can say 8D must work real well…🤣 Hope the guy whose Dark Horse literally turned into a Darkhorse got his insurance money by now or a replacement from Ford if he wants another one…

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
The existence of recalls is a sign that the 8D is working as it comes under the containment and corrective actions.

No recalls but still a problem in the field (eg .pinto) is a failure of the process.

The problems existing in the first place is a symptom of poor fmea (failure mode and effects analysis) and dvp+r (design valuation procedure/ process and reporting)

And yes I did mean the whole 8D process originates from Ford but all the steps in the modern process come from elsewhere.

It could really be a 6D process as the first and last are trivial!

As a note, I've worked for a major tier 1 supplier that does supply Ford and had a major warranty case with Ford because of there unintended use of the product.
Hint they ran engines backwards as a brake pulling them off shipping vehicles!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Yes, I was referring to waiting for the 8D report. The 8D report is the result of using the 8D problem solving process/approach/methodology to identify, correct, and prevent problems.

The "D" stands for discipline.

8D methodology originally came about during WWII, became official during the 1970s as Military Standard 1520, and was later modified and adopted by Ford Motor Company.

The eight "disciplines" of the 8D process:

D1 - Form team
D2 - Problem description
D3 - Containment
D4 - Root cause analysis
D5 - Formulate correction actions
D6 - Validate corrective actions
D7 - ID and implement preventative actions
D8 - Team recognition

My company produces a major component for all of your Mustangs, as well as ~70% of all other North American market Ford and Lincoln pass cars, SUVs, and light trucks (F150-F450).

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
That would kill me...to sit and watch it melt to the ground.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I was referring to waiting for the 8D report. The 8D report is the result of using the 8D problem solving process/approach/methodology to identify, correct, and prevent problems.

The "D" stands for discipline.

8D methodology originally came about during WWII, became official during the 1970s as Military Standard 1520, and was later modified and adopted by Ford Motor Company.

The eight "disciplines" of the 8D process:

D1 - Form team
D2 - Problem description
D3 - Containment
D4 - Root cause analysis
D5 - Formulate correction actions
D6 - Validate corrective actions
D7 - ID and implement preventative actions
D8 - Team recognition

My company produces a major component for all of your Mustangs, as well as ~70% of all other North American market Ford and Lincoln pass cars, SUVs, and light trucks (F150-F450).
Precursor to cmm [‘i’]

Last edited:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
The comments in here are all over the place. The internet is a wild wild place. But the truth shall set me free.
I love how people can see a car on fire and know that a clutch problem caused a fire vs a fire caused a clutch malfunction.

Has someone put you in jail or something?

Vaporblue24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charred Dark Horse
I love how people can see a car on fire and know that a clutch problem caused a fire vs a fire caused a clutch malfunction
Has someone put you in jail or something?
No it’s just funny how everything think they know what happened. I know what happened because I was driving the car and saw every second of the incident.
Sponsored