• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Custom Mode and Quiet Start Issues

Avenged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I’ve bought a new 2024 GT Premium (500A) with Active Exhaust (AE). In the Quiet Start settings I have set them to start from 12am to 11pm (basically all the time). Personal preference but I want it to start in quiet mode only. Sometimes the car starts in normal exhaust mode. When I check the settings, the car automatically changed the quiet start time from 12am to now 12pm to 11pm. I don’t know why it’s automatically reverting back. Likewise, after I start the car remotely, it switches from custom mode back to normal mode with the normal exhaust setting as well. I specifically want the car to start in Custom mode. What is the point of quiet start if the car will just revert to normal mode and normal exhaust anyways? I’ve searched the forums and cannot find a resolution to this issue. Could me using my key fob somehow revert the cars settings and change it to normal mode and also change the quiet start settings?
Sponsored

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
I'm not sure about the time changing on your car having an effect on the cold start but I have read that it will not start in the quite mode using the FOB to start the car remotely.

OP
OP

Avenged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I'm not sure about the time changing on your car having an effect on the cold start but I have read that it will not start in the quite mode using the FOB to start the car remotely.
Thanks for the reply. That in and of itself seems silly and contradicts vehicle settings. I could’ve sworn it retained quiet mode on a key fob remote start once. But hasn’t happened again and I cannot duplicate. Hopefully they can fix this issue.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
We haven’t checked the quite time settings on ours yet, next time out will try to remember. We set quite time for our normal early am ‘work’ time but any other time late night I want her to wake me up if she gets started….

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Car will always starts in Normal Mode by default. Not sure on the time reverting, maybe too long a span try setting a few hour gap.

I have a FOB that uses Quiet Start, I initially started the car with it, setup my profile, seats etc..set quiet start then saved Memory by pressing 1 next to unlock/lock button.

Though there is nothing quiet about the start IMO, (I love it) on a cold start the car cranks over aggressive, idles loud then settles down to Quiet Mode. Tried to be respectful to the neighbors, that's they get.

Last edited:

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Car always starts in Normal Mode by default. Not sure on the time reverting, maybe Am/Pm sequence. I have one FOB that uses Quiet Start, I initially started the car with it, setup my profile, seats etc..set quiet start then saved Memory by pressing 1 next to unlock/lock button.

Though there is nothing quiet about the start IMO, (I love it) on a cold start the car cranks over aggressive, then settles down to Quiet Mode. Tried to be respectful to the neighbors, that's the best I can do

I wish you could set it to start with the track exhaust on. Ah well. Such is life. Quiet mode is crazy how it completely silences the exhaust. I tried it once for kicks and giggles. Neat feature for those in neighborhoods. Where I live it is not needed. Louder the better!

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
You can’t default to custom mode on start automatically. Either you use the memory settings to do it eveytimr you start or do it manually from the steering wheel.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I wish you could set it to start with the track exhaust on. Ah well. Such is life. Quiet mode is crazy how it completely silences the exhaust. I tried it once for kicks and giggles. Neat feature for those in neighborhoods. Where I live it is not needed. Louder the better!
Haha yeah, with A10 remote rev switches to track mode. No matter how you set it, the car is loud and i love it! Cant imagine stop and go traffic with Auto Start Stop, what a joke

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
You can’t default to custom mode on start automatically. Either you use the memory settings to do it eveytimr you start or do it manually from the steering wheel.
I always use the wheel, though Memory settings for custom mode, how do you set that?

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
Set all the settings you need to do - press memory 1 until beep! There is also a way to program the key fob to set to memory settings as well. Owners manual has it - I can’t recall how it’s done though.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Set all the settings you need to do - press memory 1 until beep! There is also a way to program the key fob to set to memory settings as well. Owners manual has it - I can’t recall how it’s done though.
Custom settings to memory one, linked to key fob, still have to use the wheel to engage the custom profile, think that is the only way

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Our car starts in track mode. Not sure why but it’s been doing it for the last two weeks. Before it was always in normal mode.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
There is a TSB for this issue from ford. If you call and make an appointment for the quiet start not working and ask them to do the update to fix it, they should know what you are talking about and get you in. Something in the software causes it to always start loud until you either hit the On button or go to your custom setting. @roket posted the ford update a few weeks back.

Logan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
Mr.Avenged
My DH fully loaded minus painted stripes does the same Everytime.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
as Carter1776 said, there is a TSB from Ford about this issue, where quiet start times are ignored when remote starting. the fix is to contact your dealer for a PCM reprogram, which will be covered by your factory 3 year/36k mile bumper to bumper warranty. the TSB number is 24-2047
Sponsored