• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Quiet Start

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I remember starting the Shelby while standing next to it and once it remote started you could hear the actuators move and the exhaust note quiet down, not so on the 2024 which is annoying. Another thing with the Shelby this car doesn't do, if I am in it and start it during the quiet time just pushing the button without the foot on the brake and actually starting the car you could hear the actuators move, then when starting it would be in quiet mode. This car will not do that. It only goes into quiet mode after the car is started.

It's just interesting to me that Ford changed the quiet mode like this. Kinda defeated the purpose in my opinion.
Sponsored

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
May want to recheck your settings. I have a manual and if I want it in quiet, I hit the on button to turn on accessories and then go to My Mustang and select quiet for exhaust. I can hear the actuators moving. Then I push the clutch in and hit engine start and it starts in quiet mode.

OP
OP
rubbertoe

rubbertoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
What is the on button? I have tried pushing the start button without starting the car then pushing the pony button and setting the exhaust to quiet then when I start the car it is in loud mode. This is what prompted me to start this thread.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I have quiet start time set on my car and it always starts in quiet mode during that time. Even if I start it remotely. The initial start rev is normal and it moves right away to quiet. Not sure why everyone else has a problem.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
What is the on button? I have tried pushing the start button without starting the car then pushing the pony button and setting the exhaust to quiet then when I start the car it is in loud mode. This is what prompted me to start this thread.
Try setting the favorite button to Quiet Mode. Also, the on button I'm referring to is the Engine Start/Stop button. Also, keep in my mind, I have the manual, so the engine won't start unless I push the clutch in.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I have quiet start time set on my car and it always starts in quiet mode during that time. Even if I start it remotely. The initial start rev is normal and it moves right away to quiet. Not sure why everyone else has a problem.
Same here. Quiet time setting works for me. The rest of the infotainment center is a different story šŸ˜…

Conhig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem Convertible
Me either, like it always remote starts on normalā€¦ huge oversight by ford

to get quiet start you have to be in the car and push the button.

@Ford Motor Company

can we get this OTAUā€™d??
I push start button once without foot on brake, move to quiet mode and then press again with foot on brake to start.... Very annoying...

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I do exactly that but my car still starts in loud mode!
Maybe post a video? As others have said, even in quiet mode, when you first start it up, it'll be a little loud for 1-2 seconds.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
I can't get my base 2024 650 to start with the exhaust in quiet mode. I have tried and tried and no matter what I do the car still starts up in loud mode. I have tried driving home in each mode with exhaust in quiet mode. Still starts in loud. I have set quiet start in settings and it does nothing.
I have resorted to starting my car with the garage door closed and pushing the pony button to select quiet and that works but why can't I just set the car to start in quiet mode ? I am not trying to set quiet start between certain times by the clock, I want it to always start in quite mode.
Can any one help me please. Thanks, Robert
For it to start in quiet mode all the time youā€™ll have to set it that way in the settings. Set it from 12am - 11pm. Mine works every time

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
I don't have the feature as I have a manual, but was interested in what you've witnessed. I captured this from Page 117 of the Owners Manual and wonder if that's why it is not engaging:

"Note: All other vehicle systems remain off when you have remotely started the vehicle."

Just a thought. I'm spit-balling. But I agree, it'd be nice if Quiet Mode worked during Remote Start.
My quiet start works fine. Wondering if it was an issue with the early production cars? My thing is that I have to manually put it back to normal mode or whatever mode I want it in when I put it in drive. Iā€™ll get a block from the house and say wtf, why this thing so quiet? Oh yeah, big dummy, itā€™s in whisper mode. šŸ˜

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Letā€™s get on the same pageā€¦ quiet start is only working with in car starting
NOT remote startā€¦ remote starts normal and when you push the button IN car to activate it goes quiet.

some of you are saying yours can remote start in quiet???
Thatā€™s the problem we are having.

OP
OP
rubbertoe

rubbertoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I just set the time for quiet mode in settings and it works now. btw my car is a manual shift so I am not concerned with remote starting problems. Thank all of you for your help, Robert

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Letā€™s get on the same pageā€¦ quiet start is only working with in car starting
NOT remote startā€¦ remote starts normal and when you push the button IN car to activate it goes quiet.

some of you are saying yours can remote start in quiet???
Thatā€™s the problem we are having.
Yes, mine starts using the remote in quiet mode if it is during the quiet hours that I set. The initial rev is normal, but then it switches to quiet mode.

Quiet mode engages on remote start on my car.

Dory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I want to say I read at least on the last gen if you pushed the start button without your foot on the brake to just power on the vehicle you could then set the valves to quiet and then start the car and it will be silenced. But as others have said its going to rev high for emissions to heat up the cats as fast as possible for some time. If you are only talking about remote starts that won't help you. I don't have active exhaust so like you I start the car with the garage door closed and put it into reverse as soon as it lets me and then open the door. It seems like for 0.5 or 1 second it won't physically let me do the shift. I have x pipe and roush axel back so I'm trying to be courteous as I can to my neighbor since the garage opens to his house.
Sponsored