• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Current Interest Ford Interest Rates?

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
sure there are seasonal effects, but you're forgetting the elephant, affordability. The lower trim EB should move well enough but the GT is already overpriced which makes high rates an even bigger drag.
Respect, but I don't think the GTs are overpriced at all. When compared to my other sports cars I own, and have owned...this is a BARGAIN for sure in my opinion.

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
I have purchased 17 Ford vehicles in the past 10 years, I have 3 currently, absolutely NOTHING was locked in when I ordered my 24 Mustang. NOTHING. I'm not even obligated to buy it if I change my mind at any point.
I think lots of people here own, and have purchased tons of cars. However, if it's in writing, it is locked. I got mine that way, and I always do if I feel it's gonna be a good deal. I mean, 0.9%, 1.9%, and 2.9% are pretty good considering this day and age of rates on cars. However, I do agree, we are not locked on having to buy it. We can walk at any time.

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 GTO, '06 GTO, '22 Expy, '22 F-250, '24 Mustang
I think lots of people here own, and have purchased tons of cars. However, if it's in writing, it is locked. I got mine that way, and I always do if I feel it's gonna be a good deal. I mean, 0.9%, 1.9%, and 2.9% are pretty good considering this day and age of rates on cars. However, I do agree, we are not locked on having to buy it. We can walk at any time.
That's just it, there is nothing in writing regarding price, rate, or term required to order a car. Therefor it's not locked.

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
That's just it, there is nothing in writing regarding price, rate, or term required to order a car. Therefor it's not locked.
Agreed. You can't lock in your price when ordering, as I didn't get my discount until after my car arrived. (4k off MSRP) BUT, my rate and term were. If you order a car, you need to pick it up. That is how I do it, and others should too. Why waste the dealers time, and product just to bail later? When ordering a car, we need to be SURE it's something you actually want. I think we are on the same page, and trying to get to the same place. Just on different roads...no biggie.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
No, it is not a condition "required TO order a car". Nobody ever said that.

When your salesperson submits your order, he can "lock" any current promotions to the order (Smart VINCENT dealer connection, IIRC).

When the vehicle arrives, the salesperson goes back into Smart VINCENT and can change the order date to the current date (and vice versa), and it will bring up any/all incentive programs that are active now or were active at the time you ordered your vehicle, INCLUDING Ford Credit financing programs. If today's rate is better, you can choose to apply based on today's rates. If there was a program available when you ordered that offered better rates than today, you can choose to apply based on those rates. You can, of course, get outside financing, pay cash, or have the dealership try to find better deals at their connected lenders (other than Ford Credit).

Of course, every incentive program is model/program dependent.

This also only applies to special financing programs (e.g., Program #20068), not just "this was the standard rate I was quoted by Ford Credit @ the time I ordered".

I am personally aware of orders being delivered where the buyer was offered promotional financing that had expired but was in effect at the time of order.

Last edited:

JINX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang eco boost premium convertible
When I ordered my GT in early December, I was quoted 1.9%. I am concerned that it was a teaser/intro rate.
I have been seeing 5.9% rates on cars these days. If that's the case, I'm walking from the deal.
What have you folks been seeing RECENTLY?
Bought early December '23 with 2.9% rates change constantly.

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
Bought early December '23 with 2.9% rates change constantly.
The rates don't change like that, they only change by quarter. lol

LOTO1953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT On Oder
The first dealer we spoke with about a 2024 GT told us she just approved a guy with an 800 credit score for 6.9% so we should expect about the same...this was about 30 days ago. We were only going to finance about 10k and she knew that....needless to say we did not buy from her or the dealership.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
The first dealer we spoke with about a 2024 GT told us she just approved a guy with an 800 credit score for 6.9% so we should expect about the same...this was about 30 days ago. We were only going to finance about 10k and she knew that....needless to say we did not buy from her or the dealership.
6.9% is ridiculous! Ford is offering 1.9% for 36 months until April 2nd.

LOTO1953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT On Oder
When she quoted me that rate I should have just walked out then instead of wasting another 15 minutes with her. I found it unbelievable that she could say this with a straight face

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
When she quoted me that rate I should have just walked out then instead of wasting another 15 minutes with her. I found it unbelievable that she could say this with a straight face
This is why your own research can find the truth.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
6.9% is ridiculous! Ford is offering 1.9% for 36 months until April 2nd.
Here in Michigan for sure, not sure about other regions/states:

Program #20068 - Effective 1/3/24 through 4/2/24 on select vehicles, including select Mustangs

1.9% for 36 months
2.9% for 48 months
3.9% for 60 months
5.9% for 72 months