• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Coolant level when cold

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
I just noticed My coolant reservoir looks low, it's just under the minimum line, the car is completely cold. Can anyone else check where their level is with the car completely cold? Kinda odd that It'd be low? Car has 5k miles on it, I thought I smelled coolant in the exhaust once before but it doesn't smoke ever.

S650 Mustang Coolant level when cold 20240409_181955
Sponsored

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
It can vary a bit. If it's that low for a while you can add some to bring it up to the first line, see if it goes back down or stays up

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
Was it like this upon delivery? How often do you look at it? I had to put some in at around 1k miles as bubbles purged themselves from the coolant passages. Since then it has been unchanged (7k miles).

I would look for leaks, top it off, and keep a close eye on it.

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was it like this upon delivery? How often do you look at it? I had to put some in at around 1k miles as bubbles purged themselves from the coolant passages. Since then it has been unchanged (7k miles).

I would look for leaks, top it off, and keep a close eye on it.
I don't recall as delivery was 8 months ago. I'll add some to get it to the halfway between min and max and then just watch it, see if it goes up or down over time.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Following as I encountered a similar issue in my previous 2017 Ford F-150 2nd gen 3.5 Ecoboost. I understand it‘s two different engines, but both are Ford engines.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I just noticed My coolant reservoir looks low, it's just under the minimum line, the car is completely cold. Can anyone else check where their level is with the car completely cold? Kinda odd that It'd be low? Car has 5k miles on it, I thought I smelled coolant in the exhaust once before but it doesn't smoke ever.

20240409_181955.jpg
Mine is up to the MAX line when cold.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

20240409_181955.jpg
burp

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury

20240409_181955.jpg
I've had my car for a few weeks now (same color as yours) and my coolant level (when cold) has been at the min level since day 1. I guess as long as it's not below that it's ok but I would think it should at least be in the middle of the min, max lines if not higher? Seems strange as @DCS mentioned his coolant is at the max line when cold and he got his car a week or so before I got mine.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I've had my car for a few weeks now (same color as yours) and my coolant level (when cold) has been at the min level since day 1. I guess as long as it's not below that it's ok but I would think it should at least be in the middle of the min, max lines if not higher? Seems strange as @DCS mentioned his coolant is at the max line when cold and he got his car a week or so before I got mine.
I stand corrected. Cold, the coolant is between min & max.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I stand corrected. Cold, the coolant is between min & max.
Well I think that's still better than my coolant being at the min level since day one. It doesn't appear to have gone any lower so that's good but I'll have to keep an eye on it.

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You do know that you can add some to get it to your comfort level, right?
Correct. I already have, and feel like the level may be dropping again, which would be a problem.

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not to sound like an idiot but is there a certain mix or brand that we need to add?
I found ford oem compatible coolant from orielys. It wasn't the same color but can mix just fine.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I found ford oem compatible coolant from orielys. It wasn't the same color but can mix just fine.
Ok we have an O'reilly here in town. So no mixing at all? Just pour it right into the clear tank when the car is cold I assume?
Sponsored