• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Convertible owners keep getting screwed by Ford Motor Company

Status
Not open for further replies.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Hey Nite pony + Performance Pack double pays for wheels. Considering all of the other ways ford has f'd this launch up, this is not what I'd complain about. Especially since you knew this when you bought it. But they did already release a Ford Performance spoiler for the for just under $400

https://www.steeda.com/airdesign-vpr3z6344210a-mustang-rear-spoiler
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jrws1014

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I don’t mean to sound harsh either but pretty sure nothing will change if we don’t start to say something about it. Yes I knew it didn’t come with a spoiler. It isn’t a new revelation. But at this point it is ridiculous that they (@Ford Motor Company) keep charging for something that isn’t on the vehicle. Your logic would have us be silent and continue the cycle.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
Although I agree that the price of the PP should be different between coupe and convertible since you're not getting the PP spoiler, personally I would not want that monstrosity of a spoiler on my convertible at all. I think it would look terrible.

Your best option would be to delete the PP all together. You can get the 15" Brembo brakes now as a separate option and those are the only real value thing in the PP anyway. Just my $0.02.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I don’t mean to sound harsh either but pretty sure nothing will change if we don’t start to say something about it. Yes I knew it didn’t come with a spoiler. It isn’t a new revelation. But at this point it is ridiculous that they (@Ford Motor Company) keep charging for something that isn’t on the vehicle. Your logic would have us be silent and continue the cycle.
Nope, my logic is that money talks... If nobody with a convertible buys the performance pack, the execs at Ford would say "hmm, we missed something here"...

If people keep getting the PP for their convertibles, clearly they aimed right...

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
from the dig or when living in triple digits?

although I do comprehend the frustration of appearing to pay for something and getting nothing in return. What if you thought of it this way - they have to add to get what you got? Granted additional hardware (which most certainly has an associated cost) but are we upset that another needs a crutch to walk? Maybe the good contribution enabled ford to pass on something to those that are lacking.

OP
OP
Jrws1014

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[/QUOTE]
from the dig or when living in triple digits?

although I do comprehend the frustration of appearing to pay for something and getting nothing in return. What if you thought of it this way - they have to add to get what you got? Granted additional hardware (which most certainly has an associated cost) but are we upset that another needs a crutch to walk? Maybe the good contribution enabled ford to pass on something to those that are lacking.
it’s a $65k car…. If you need a crutch get a Camry

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I hope you're kidding here... I knew a guy who could not use his legs at all, and he rode a sport bike. That kind of statement doesn't belong here.

OP
OP
Jrws1014

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope you're kidding here... I knew a guy who could not use his legs at all, and he rode a sport bike. That statement doesn't belong here.
[/QUOTE]
We’re not talking about physical disabilities. We’re talking about financials. Stay on task. And don’t assume I’m low brow. I’m disabled myself.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Not sure if it’s the same on the S650, but on the S550 previous gen Mustang, the trunk lid / rear quarters are a different shape on the convertible vs the coupe. So technically the spoiler doesn’t fit. Perhaps it’s as simple as that.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
This will be my second convertible mustang. I’ve gotten the performance package one both. And I would like to use this forum to express my irritation with Ford and their continued decision to financially screw over the convertible owners. For those who are unaware, all convertibles automatically delete the spoiler that comes with the performance package. I spoke with my dealer parts department who looked up the cost to order a performance package spoiler and was informed the price would be $2450+tax. (I understand there is a AM/FM antenna that needs to be exchanged with a shorter one to allow the spoiler to be installed and not bash into it every time you pop the trunk). The issue is that even though convertibles are no given the opportunity to have the spoiler installed at the factory, we are still charged the same rate as the coupes who get the spoiler. I would like to header what the @Ford Motor Company has to say to the owners given this “over sight”. Personally I would like my spoiler that I paid for shipped to my home so I can have it installed….
Are you shitting me? We ordered that package because we wanted the spoiler. We ordered the GT premium convertible and they told us it would have that spoiler on the back. When did you find this out? And who can call about it nobody?

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This will be my second convertible mustang. I’ve gotten the performance package one both. And I would like to use this forum to express my irritation with Ford and their continued decision to financially screw over the convertible owners. For those who are unaware, all convertibles automatically delete the spoiler that comes with the performance package. I spoke with my dealer parts department who looked up the cost to order a performance package spoiler and was informed the price would be $2450+tax. (I understand there is a AM/FM antenna that needs to be exchanged with a shorter one to allow the spoiler to be installed and not bash into it every time you pop the trunk). The issue is that even though convertibles are no given the opportunity to have the spoiler installed at the factory, we are still charged the same rate as the coupes who get the spoiler. I would like to header what the @Ford Motor Company has to say to the owners given this “over sight”. Personally I would like my spoiler that I paid for shipped to my home so I can have it installed….
[/QUOTE
Not only do they not give you the premium package spoiler while still charging for it, they force you to remove the blade spoiler. So it's like you're paying $2,500 to give them your spoiler! Although I wouldn't want the pp spoiler on my convertible, I do agree with you that the convertible owners shouldn't be paying for a spoiler they aren't getting, of which it sounds like is a big part of the overall performance package charge.
And we pay more for the convertibles than the coupes.
When did you find this out?

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Are you shitting me? We ordered that package because we wanted the spoiler. We ordered the GT premium convertible and they told us it would have that spoiler on the back. When did you find this out? And who can call about it nobody?
You're not getting the performance pack spoiler.
S650 Mustang Convertible owners keep getting screwed by Ford Motor Company 1692732254097

S650 Mustang Convertible owners keep getting screwed by Ford Motor Company 1692732295845

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know it’s the list price….that’s the point. Ford charges that price for the spoiler which is in the package that I pay full price for.
Guess I need
I agree it sucks, but they don't have to explain anything to you.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but you knew it didn't have a spoiler when you ordered it and you also mention it's your second one. If that was a sour point, you could have "not" taken the PP and install the components you want after.

As they say, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me....
If you"re so dissatisfied about parts of the car not meeting your expectations, then you shouldn't buy the car. After all, you knew what you would be getting when you placed the order and no one's forcing you to take delivery of it. Obviously, most folks don't have a problem with it and Ford's not going to change because of a few vocal malcontents on an internet forum. :inspect:

At least, that's the exact speech some of us were given when we expressed our own dissatisfaction about other parts of the vehicle...🤔

But I know, "tHis iS DiFfErEnT!!!" :crazy:
expensive
Well, I can tell you that when I ordered mine both times I told them this is the spoiler we went! I’ve never ordered one before and thank God they told us NOT To put a deposit down on one. How in the heck would we have ever known until the car came that we were gonna get that spoiler with the convertible? I didn’t see that on anything

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
S650 Mustang Convertible owners keep getting screwed by Ford Motor Company 1692732407027

From order guide.
S650 Mustang Convertible owners keep getting screwed by Ford Motor Company 1692732482461

From builder w/ PP selected.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.