• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Convertible owners keep getting screwed by Ford Motor Company

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
You're not getting the performance pack spoiler.
1692732254097.png

1692732295845.png
Well, went and built both cars(convertible and coupe) and could save $4000 if I get the hard top, so think I am going to,call the dealer and go hard top, maybe or I may just let it be built and let it sit on their lot and then either find a manual built like what I was going to get, OR may go order a new one from a different car dealer
Sponsored

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Well, went and built both cars(convertible and coupe) and could save $4000 if I get the hard top, so think I am going to,call the dealer and go hard top, maybe or I may just let it be built and let it sit on their lot and then either find a manual built like what I was going to get, OR may go order a new one from a different car dealer
If you really want the vert, just buy an aftermarket spoiler. That's what I'm doing with my non-PP hard top🤷‍♀️

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I know I could, but then that is another $2000 of retirement $I don’t want to,spend
Aftermarket should be $500 tops. I have no interest in paying $2k on a piece of plastic from ford

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Will the added weight (hmm where is that weight added - exactly) potentially offset the need?
I looked it up

Most convertibles are slower than their coupe counterparts because the convertibles are heavier. Especially if the car was not designed to be a convertible from the outset. The additional stiffening and bracing of components like the windshield frame and chassis to try to compensate for the missing roof adds weight.
New to me too

Snakeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Vert, 2011 Shelby GT500 Vert, 2020 BMW X5
This will be my second convertible mustang. I’ve gotten the performance package one both. And I would like to use this forum to express my irritation with Ford and their continued decision to financially screw over the convertible owners. For those who are unaware, all convertibles automatically delete the spoiler that comes with the performance package. I spoke with my dealer parts department who looked up the cost to order a performance package spoiler and was informed the price would be $2450+tax. (I understand there is a AM/FM antenna that needs to be exchanged with a shorter one to allow the spoiler to be installed and not bash into it every time you pop the trunk). The issue is that even though convertibles are no given the opportunity to have the spoiler installed at the factory, we are still charged the same rate as the coupes who get the spoiler. I would like to header what the @Ford Motor Company has to say to the owners given this “over sight”. Personally I would like my spoiler that I paid for shipped to my home so I can have it installed….
As well as Side Strips delete! Included! But wait I want strips WTF You can't undelete on build.

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I don’t mean to sound harsh either but pretty sure nothing will change if we don’t start to say something about it. Yes I knew it didn’t come with a spoiler. It isn’t a new revelation. But at this point it is ridiculous that they (@Ford Motor Company) keep charging for something that isn’t on the vehicle. Your logic would have us be silent and continue the cycle.
I've been taking tomatoes and onions off my cheeseburgers since I was a kid. Never got a discount.

OP
OP
Jrws1014

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I've been taking tomatoes and onions off my cheeseburgers since I was a kid. Never got a discount.
Did you pay extra for the onions and tomatoes? Or were they included in the base burger price?

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Did you pay extra for the onions and tomatoes? Or were they included in the base burger price?
Doesn't matter. I do it on a basic burger or a fancy whatever you want to call it burger. They don't discount it. Just like you didn't get a spare tire either. But you are more concerned about appearances of the car than the cost of AAA membership or a tow truck if you have a flat that Fix A Flat cant fix. Grab your receipt run back down to the dealer and get your money back or sell it. You obviously didn't read before purchasing based on your initial complaints. Complaining about it on here and tagging Ford like they are going to respond just brings negativity to the community IMO. Just admit you made a bad purchase and move on.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I looked it up

Most convertibles are slower than their coupe counterparts because the convertibles are heavier. Especially if the car was not designed to be a convertible from the outset. The additional stiffening and bracing of components like the windshield frame and chassis to try to compensate for the missing roof adds weight.
New to me too
50 - 100 pounds of sandbags in the bed of the truck really helps traction in the winter ….just need the engine and gearing to support it but no reason the added weight can’t be leveraged.

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE
You're knowingly letting ford screw you over if you go through with the purchase of this car now. That's $2500 that you're letting ford pocket by not demanding the spoiler! How could you LET ford screw you over like that, I think it's best to make a stand and not take delivery on this new convertible. If you did that would make you a hypocrite, right? After making this thread and getting no response from ford you'll still let ford screw you over like that...again.

Enjoy your new car! :)

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE
So you don't think it's best to take a stand a not buy from a company that in your words is "screwing you over"? Do you often get screwed over and continue the process while whining about it on the internet?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.