• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
AZX is a gimmie on EB/GT. You couldn't use it on GT350/500/M1 so hoping you can use it on DH is delusional.
I wouldn't doubt it.

Personally, at the pricing levels Ford has set, I'd rather get a fully loaded GT than a bare bones DH (especially since it will be easier to get a discount for it).
Sponsored

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So realistically you are not walking out the door of a dealer with a BASE model EB for less then $34k.... I paid that much for my BASE GT in 2018... IMO they have priced alot of potential buyers out with these figures.
And that's also assuming you can snag a decent interest rate. That's what will really hurt a lot of prospective buyers.

In 2018, it wasn't unheard of to get 0% financing with a bit of shopping around, and 3-4% financing was the normal for average credit.

That's another reason, BTW, why think the price increase is a bit steep.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT PP1

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Wow wow wow…. So a flipn BASE GT went from 38k to 41.5K …. That’s like a 10% spike
Holy F…

reminds me of the saying… “FORD stopped building cars for people that buy fords”

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429, Tesla Model 3
And that's also assuming you can snag a decent interest rate. That's what will really hurt a lot of prospective buyers.

In 2018, it wasn't unheard of to get 0% financing with a bit of shopping around, and 3-4% financing was the normal for average credit.

That's another reason, BTW, why think the price increase is a bit steep.
The other issue is that in 2018 there were quite significant incentives that further lowered the price. The MSRP of my GT was $39k even though I paid $31k for it (plus tags, tax, etc..). It wasn't uncommon to see new GTs listed for $28-29k. An EB could be had for under $20k... So while the MSRP of the S650 might not have increased that much compared to the S550, it is SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive out the door.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The other issue is that in 2018 there were quite significant incentives that further lowered the price. The MSRP of my GT was $39k even though I paid $31k for it (plus tags, tax, etc..). It wasn't uncommon to see new GTs listed for $28-29k. An EB could be had for under $20k... So while the MSRP of the S650 might not have increased that much compared to the S550, it is SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive out the door.
Yeah I had also bought a fully loaded S550 EB in 2017. I didn't qualify for any incentives, but I was able to negotiate several thousand off the sticker price (I believe my price was $31K as well before taxes/fees).

Last edited:

Shawn82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang HPP
Gotta keep in mind we are getting a lot of new tech and equipment. I'm sure it doesn't mean anything to a lot of you but I don't mind paying about 3k more for SYNC 4, stop and go cruise, etc

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gotta keep in mind we are getting a lot of new tech and equipment. I'm sure it doesn't mean anything to a lot of you but I don't mind paying about 3k more for SYNC 4, stop and go cruise, etc
The thing is, I'm willing to bet much of that new tech will only be available as options for additional costs on top of the base price.

Msuka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GTI
Base Eco seems like a good deal now that it comes standard with the 10 speed, should make a great daily. Wonder if any other features were added standard compared to the 23 base eco.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
I don't mind paying about 3k more for SYNC 4, stop and go cruise, etc
the cost of Sync4 is probably not even $200. Stop/Go will RUINyour engine. It has on EVERY model ever implemented; dodge, chevy, ford, all of them.

Ford LOVES people who will pay 10x for content.

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
The GT premium is *slightly* worth looking at, but something tells me it's gonna be a 63,000 dollar car spec'd the way I want. And there is absolutely no way in hell I'm paying that much for a Mustang GT Premium with a performance pack.

Ford is choking the Mustang crowd. The cars are not worth that much money *to me*. I could not swallow paying that much for a performance car that I love, with an interior that is absolutely atrocious.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The GT premium is *slightly* worth looking at, but something tells me it's gonna be a 63,000 dollar car spec'd the way I want. And there is absolutely no way in hell I'm paying that much for a Mustang GT Premium with a performance pack.

Ford is choking the Mustang crowd. The cars are not worth that much money *to me*. I could not swallow paying that much for a performance car that I love, with an interior that is absolutely atrocious.
I tend to agree.

I just priced out a GT Premium with all of the options (minus the California & Nite Pony packages) for the 2023MY and that's clearing $63K before taxes & fees.

The S650 will probably end up closer to $70K OTD when all said and done.

My dilemma is, I'm not too thrilled about buying a foreign car, and the other domestic automakers have either phased out their sedans in favor of SUVS/trucks or their luxury brand(s) have a poor reputation.

All I want is an American-made car that goes fast and has a bunch of bells & whistle without taking it up the rear end for the price. That's increasingly too much to ask for, lol...
Sponsored