• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
I’m a bit upset that I can’t get Rapid Red in a Dark Horse. That’s if this is true.

78A86D0F-77AB-4406-B380-D3AD6D71FD7C.jpeg
You might be able to special order it. Or paint it 3rd party. If we will be able to special order options across models, I sure hope I can get that blue dark horse interior on the GT performance
Sponsored

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
It seems (based off of OP), that they are just doing it in phases. Dealers get early default DH, then in phase 1 (likely phase 2) you can custom order your own. Actually fits with my thoughts that your own DH orders will be delayed till later.
Logically looks that way - phasing in from early Build Pre-Configured Allocations to generate Dealer stock, so they can start building cars before the added complexity of custom ordering.

CoBrArOx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Genesis GV80 Prestige
You might be able to special order it. Or paint it 3rd party. If we will be able to special order options across models, I sure hope I can get that blue dark horse interior on the GT performance
I have never heard of a dealer allowing special orders like that before.

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have never heard of a dealer allowing special orders like that before.
I’ve never special ordered anything, but I know you’ve been able to in the past.

For example, the 1965 Mustang could only be bought in Playmate Pink via special order (or if you won it via Playboy) and thus is a very rare, yet factory paint color.

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If ford did this as an extra 2k option tho I think that would be perfect…..they should do that
I dunno if I’d wanna pay an extra $2k on top of a DH appearance pack (probably $2-$5k) just for the blue interior in a GT. At that price, I may as well pay an upholstery shop to redo the interior (which I’m seriously considering anyway)

CoBrArOx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Genesis GV80 Prestige
I’ve never special ordered anything, but I know you’ve been able to in the past.

For example, the 1965 Mustang could only be bought in Playmate Pink via special order (or if you won it via Playboy) and thus is a very rare, yet factory paint color.
Oh cool.

Blueberrystang2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT manual
I dunno if I’d wanna pay an extra $2k on top of a DH appearance pack (probably $2-$5k) just for the blue interior in a GT. At that price, I may as well pay an upholstery shop to redo the interior (which I’m seriously considering anyway)
We the fact that Porsche charges 10k+ for a custom paint , so if ford charged just 2k+ because it’s not as premium as the other brand I’ll consider it as a steal 😂but I’m just throwing out numbers and ideas

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We the fact that Porsche charges 10k+ for a custom paint , so if ford charged just 2k+ because it’s not as premium as the other brand I’ll consider it as a steal 😂but I’m just throwing out numbers and ideas
It’s definitely a good deal in comparison to Porsche, but Porsches are also much, much more luxury, and as such, everything they offer has a luxury price tag.
Also, the Dark Horse is likely to be ~$10k above the GT PP, so a special order to get an option from one car to the other would nearly cover that distance

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I’m a bit upset that I can’t get Rapid Red in a Dark Horse. That’s if this is true.
A high-quality wrap is probably the best option for this MY. Gloss could be awesome. Matte anyone? I've seen some great matte wraps in different hues.

If you can wait, Ford might rotate to that color, in later MYs.

You might be able to special order it.
IMO, you'd have to be a high roller, with both $$$ and influence.

Jackson of Barrett-Jackson did it.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/12/26/ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-barrett-jackson-green/

A gazillionaire in CA, with a GT, did it.

https://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/newsroom/2020/02/mystichrome-ford-gt.html

EDIT: as a follow-up to my AM post...

Some hope and inspiration:

By chance I was studying some ads and came across the following:

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/chevrolet/corvette/2608240.html

What's most interesting to me in stories like this is the person ordering simply wanted another color. He wasn't thinking about rarity, collectability or any of that. More still, the car survived, 50+ years. Hilarious. Who would have thought.

Last edited:

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A high-quality wrap is probably the best option for this MY. If you can wait, Ford might rotate into that color, in future MYs.

IMO, you'd have to be a high roller, with both $$$ and influence.

Jackson of Barrett-Jackson did it.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/12/26/ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-barrett-jackson-green/

A gazillionaire in CA, with a GT, did it.

https://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/newsroom/2020/02/mystichrome-ford-gt.html
For a mystichrome or other rare color, yea I can see it. But for a color they offer from the factory on another model of mustang? Probably not, just a decent premium most likely.
Sponsored