• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Nobody and I mean nobody cares about 0-60 because you cannot perform those anyway unless you are on a traffic light, waiting to be green like a *ickhead in order to impress others.

To me 100-200 and beyond are more of a true indicator. Last weekend I was driving on the Autobahn and behind me was a brand new M4. I was doing like 180kph and gone full throttle. Then the Mustang GT shows its full 5l natural aspirated V8 performance. The M4 could not keep up and came closer when I reached 255 kph as Stang car is restricted.

Most turbo or twin turbos are better in performance in lower revs whereas the Mustang floors it in higher revs up to 8.000 rpm.
Sponsored

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
This debate is going way left field. It's a muscle car. It's supposed to be about performance per dollar/getting the best performance possible at an affordable price (for the middle class).

Also, whether the car is double cheeked up doesn't have anything to do with the equation. But I did always love this hips.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
What about a Ford GT? Still just has a Ford badge on it.

My point is, you can't relegate something to be crap or inferior to something else just because of a moniker. The Mustang has come a looooooooonnnnngggggg way. It's more sportscar than entry level sports cars (Cayman, I'm looking at you).
The Ford GT is a stupid POS with a V6. Feel me yet?

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
I'm using 0-100 in order to show that a Mustang is simply not that sporty. A GT350 is, a GT500 is as well but the regular GT is simply not a sports car and neither is the ecoboost. How many Shelby's are sold for every regular Mustang? Hardly any I would imagine... So the vast majority of Mustangs on the road aren‘t sports cars. They are fast cars that have a sporty touch but at the end of the day they are grand tourer.

However, I do agree that most modern sports cars are simply too heavy due to luxury and safety regulations.
Are you using KM/H please clarify, because if so the Mustang gt does it in 4.6 with the manual, 4.3 with auto. The Cayman does it in 3.9 with a dual clutch. Put a dual clutch in the Gt and you could take another 1/10th off.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Are you using KM/H please clarify, because if so the Mustang gt does it in 4.6 with the manual, 4.3 with auto. The Cayman does it in 3.9 with a dual clutch. Put a dual clutch in the Gt and you could take another 1/10th off.
Well, that's the point. The Mustang does not have dual clutch transmission and the A10 is rather boring. A Mustang is a driver’s car and I would always go for the MT. However, just look at real world data and one can see that a manual S550 almost never launches that fast. 5 seconds and above under regular conditions are the norm.
Again, I'm not shitting on the Mustang, it has an incredible performance per $ ratio and I really like the S550. It's just not a super fast sports car and to me it doesn't have to. A fast GT is what a Mustang should be and I think the S650 will deliver on that.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Well, that's the point. The Mustang does not have dual clutch transmission and the A10 is rather boring. A Mustang is a driver’s car and I would always go for the MT. However, just look at real world data and one can see that a manual S550 almost never launches that fast. 5 seconds and above under regular conditions are the norm.
Again, I'm not shitting on the Mustang, it has an incredible performance per $ ratio and I really like the S550. It's just not a super fast sports car and to me it doesn't have to. A fast GT is what a Mustang should be and I think the S650 will deliver on that.

If a BMW can identify as a Toyota, then a Mustang can identify as a sportscar.

With that said, watch this:

Jem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
Still don't know if i want this or Ranger Raptor

Need more practicality in my life 🤪

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
There is no way the european GT is faster than the current M3 or M4. The twin turbo of them insane, it does 100-200 kph in 7,x seconds. The european GT needs 10,X seconds.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Performance wise it's more like a fast sedan... A manual V8 does 0-100 in what?! 5-6 seconds? A m340d (diesel engine) does that in 4.4 and the M340i does it in ~4.2 seconds...
Sry, but the GT is everything but a sportscar. Its a GT - a grand tourer. The Cayman on the other side is way more sportscar than the Mustang ;)
Out here in the states the Auto can go 0 to 60(100) in 3.8 sec and the stick in 4.4 sec. Ask motortrend

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
So ford should just make the mustang look uglier because ford is known for making cheaper cars? I don't understand this logic at all.
The Ford Corporation always built products under one philosophy: "Economies of Scale". Look what they did to the Premium Auto Group (Jaquar; Land Rover; and Volvo). They carve out a plot to combine Ford parts to premium automobiles. They figured overhead for those vehicles would go down while the profits would skyrocket. So, Ford built Lincoln LS, the Jaquar sedan, and Thunderbird using the DEW platform. They all failed to meet the public expectations for premium automobiles, The Land Rover turned into a piece of junk and lower the safety standards on Volvos. Ford had to sell the PAG at a loss. Because the Mustang is considered a Halo car for Ford and there's very little profit to be made on each one, Ford will use "Economies of Scale" for the 2028 Mustang (combined the platform of other EVs to the Mustang).

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
There is no way the european GT is faster than the current M3 or M4. The twin turbo of them insane, it does 100-200 kph in 7,x seconds. The european GT needs 10,X seconds.
Mine did it in 9.1 :p

But agreed it will not be faster than a M4

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
The Ford Corporation always built products under one philosophy: "Economies of Scale". Look what they did to the Premium Auto Group (Jaquar; Land Rover; and Volvo). They carve out a plot to combine Ford parts to premium automobiles. They figured overhead for those vehicles would go down while the profits would skyrocket. So, Ford built Lincoln LS, the Jaquar sedan, and Thunderbird using the DEW platform. They all failed to meet the public expectations for premium automobiles, The Land Rover turned into a piece of junk and lower the safety standards on Volvos. Ford had to sell the PAG at a loss. Because the Mustang is considered a Halo car for Ford and there's very little profit to be made on each one, Ford will use "Economies of Scale" for the 2028 Mustang (combined the platform of other EVs to the Mustang).
I don't see how your comment really ties into mine. Especially as I'm mostly discussing design and you're talking about economies of scale. There is some overlap there. If you want to produce a lot of cars, then you'll probably need to utilize some for a stamping tools for the body panels. Likely using metal. This does limit the amount of creativity and flexibility designers have in crafting a new design, as these molds often can't recreate really extreme shapes. Which is one of the reasons why designs which utilize carbon fiber, like the ford gt, can get away with having a more futuristic shape. It's a low volume car using an exotic material and a hand crafted assembly process. So there are far fewer limitations.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
I don't see how your comment really ties into mine. Especially as I'm mostly discussing design and you're talking about economies of scale. There is some overlap there. If you want to produce a lot of cars, then you'll probably need to utilize some for a stamping tools for the body panels. Likely using metal. This does limit the amount of creativity and flexibility designers have in crafting a new design, as these molds often can't recreate really extreme shapes. Which is one of the reasons why designs which utilize carbon fiber, like the ford gt, can get away with having a more futuristic shape. It's a low volume car using an exotic material and a hand crafted assembly process. So there are far fewer limitations.
Sponsored