• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I hope so. The rear is my least favorite part now. I've always felt like the current car looks like two cars pasted together. The feel of the front (especially the '15 to '17 look) does not match the feel of the rear, not at all to my sensibilities. Also, the way the rear track is wider and the general wideness of the rear part of the car. The hugely long black panel between the lights doesn't help.
The front looks lithe and sporty, taught and purposefully wrapped around the wheel.
The back, well, she's all blowed out.

I'll just say it: It's got trucker hips.

All this is IMO only. You know what they say - There's no accounting for taste.

I think these current cars look most cohesive in a dark color, preferably black.

I'll also just say, while I'm bitching about stuff, that I'm disappointed in what we've seen so far on the '24. It looks great, but it's really a mild evolution.

It's just looking like a refreshed 2023. Not what I was hoping for. I'll wait until Sept 14th to make a final judgement. I feel like they missed a chance to go out with something unique here. Not a rehash. But I do understand the economics of it. That's what's driving all this. Especially if the S650 will only run unto 2027 or 2028.
To be fair, give me trucker hips over a stick figure ass any day of the week. Those hips give the car such a muscular and exotic look. Ditching them would be a massive mistake.
Sponsored

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
"...trucker hips..." Those are called shoulders. When the new style Camaro came out with the independent suspension, they had shoulders. Mustang Association members yelled and screamed, they wanted them on the Mustang too, so Ford designers obliged.
The Camaro has the same track width front and rear. This current mustang is literally the first and only "muscle" car with a wider rear track. IMO it's out of place - seen on Corvettes and Exotics.

They could have done all the things you say but not have the tires stick out so far. It makes me think of that dill-wad from the 90s that bought new rims but messed up the offset - then added chicken wire and paper mache fenders to fill it out. :crackup:

To be fair, give me trucker hips over a stick figure ass any day of the week. Those hips give the car such a muscular and exotic look. Ditching them would be a massive mistake.
Exotic. That's where they lose me.

Ass = too wide. An ass can be too wide, right? ;)

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
The Camaro has the same track width front and rear. This current mustang is literally the first and only "muscle" car with a wider rear track. IMO it's out of place - seen on Corvettes and Exotics.

They could have done all the things you say but not have the tires stick out so far. It makes me think of that dill-wad from the 90s that bought new rims but messed up the offset - then added chicken wire and paper mache fenders to fill it out. :crackup:

What's wrong with exotic design lol? To me, that means it's beautiful and eye-catching. It actually looks good, unlike the current challenger. Which looks like a pickup in terms of it's proportions.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's wrong with exotic design lol? To me, that means it's beautiful and eye-catching. It actually looks good, unlike the current challenger. Which looks like a pickup in terms of it's proportions.
It's not an exotic car. It's a ford.
I long for simpler times, OK?

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
It's not an exotic car. It's a ford.
I long for simpler times, OK?
Word, hand crank to start was the shit. You didn't have to worry about any pesky electronics getting in the way. Remote start? You've got to be kidding me. How does the car know it's even me?

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Word, hand crank to start was the shit. You didn't have to worry about any pesky electronics getting in the way. Remote start? You've got to be kidding me. How does the car know it's even me?
Hand crank, the good old days. Say, do you remember the days when you could easily kill someone by hitting them with your car? Now the car just interferes and applies the brakes for you. Fucking technology, it's communism is what it is.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Right? Back in my day, the Mustang was actually a pony! 0-to-60? More like zero to giddy-up pardner, yee-haw! Coyotes, Voodoos, and Predators? Naw son, we talking 100% ALL FROM THE HORSE REAL AND GENUINE HORSEPOWER here! :rockon:

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Right? Back in my day, the Mustang was actually a pony! 0-to-60? More like zero to giddy-up pardner, yee-haw! Coyotes, Voodoos, and Predators? Naw son, we talking 100% ALL FROM THE HORSE REAL AND GENUINE HORSEPOWER here! :rockon:
Back in my day, the most "popular" Mustang was the two-door notchback with 200 cid 6-cylinder engine with a 2-speed automatic transmission. The engine only had 120 HP; 14-inch tires; no power anything, and it was so slow. It wasn't until the movie "Bullitt" came along and changed the hearts and minds of young teenage boys for more power and more speed.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I stand by what I said. It's a Ford. A cheap mass-produced car. Not exotic and shouldn't be pretending to be one.

Like I said before, once all electric, I'm out. So I guess I don't care. Save me the heartburn.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
I stand by what I said. It's a Ford. A cheap mass-produced car. Not exotic and shouldn't be pretending to be one.

Like I said before, once all electric, I'm out. Save me the heartburn.
What about a Ford GT? Still just has a Ford badge on it.

My point is, you can't relegate something to be crap or inferior to something else just because of a moniker. The Mustang has come a looooooooonnnnngggggg way. It's more sportscar than entry level sports cars (Cayman, I'm looking at you).

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550

What does a matching track matter if you use different tire and wheel sizes. 🤣

The 5th and 6th Gen Camaro’s were very poor products.

IF a front engine, rear drive 4-seater could be better balanced then a boxed set up would be great…

…MAYBE the GT350 uses a true box setup but on a factory car, it doesn’t really work out unless you can fit 305’s up front.

The last Gen Corvette was a good example of falling short just to fit the description. Just to go mid-engine and make all the same mistakes…

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
What about a Ford GT? Still just has a Ford badge on it.

My point is, you can't relegate something to be crap or inferior to something else just because of a moniker. The Mustang has come a looooooooonnnnngggggg way. It's more sportscar than entry level sports cars (Cayman, I'm looking at you).
Performance wise it's more like a fast sedan... A manual V8 does 0-100 in what?! 5-6 seconds? A m340d (diesel engine) does that in 4.4 and the M340i does it in ~4.2 seconds...
Sry, but the GT is everything but a sportscar. Its a GT - a grand tourer. The Cayman on the other side is way more sportscar than the Mustang ;)

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Performance wise it's more like a fast sedan... A manual V8 does 0-100 in what?! 5-6 seconds? A m340d (diesel engine) does that in 4.4 and the M340i does it in ~4.2 seconds...
Sry, but the GT is everything but a sportscar. Its a GT - a grand tourer. The Cayman on the other side is way more sportscar than the Mustang ;)
You can't seriously be using 0-60 times to argue one is more sports car than another can you? No shot. Gt500 makes for a better comparison of course. But my point is still sound. Most sportscars are more worried about luxury than being sportscars.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
You can't seriously be using 0-60 times to argue one is more sports car than another can you? No shot. Gt500 makes for a better comparison of course. But my point is still sound. Most sportscars are more worried about luxury than being sportscars.
I'm using 0-100 in order to show that a Mustang is simply not that sporty. A GT350 is, a GT500 is as well but the regular GT is simply not a sports car and neither is the ecoboost. How many Shelby's are sold for every regular Mustang? Hardly any I would imagine... So the vast majority of Mustangs on the road aren‘t sports cars. They are fast cars that have a sporty touch but at the end of the day they are grand tourer.

However, I do agree that most modern sports cars are simply too heavy due to luxury and safety regulations.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer

Like I said before, once all electric, I'm out. So I guess I don't care. Save me the heartburn.
So ford should just make the mustang look uglier because ford is known for making cheaper cars? I don't understand this logic at all.
Sponsored