• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Car feels floaty at high speeds?

Mustang6924

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe GT, 2024 Mustang GT Premium
Question for everyone that got there s650s already. I picked my car up yesterday and it drives great and it's unbelievably smooth. However one thing I noticed is that at speeds exceeding 100km/h (60m/h), the car feels very floaty/loose. Like I'm driving on ice or something. Is this normal? My tire pressure is at 40psi so I was wondering if maybe it could be because of that.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mustang6924

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question for everyone that got there s650s already. I picked my car up yesterday and it drives great and it's unbelievably smooth. However one thing I noticed is that at speeds exceeding 100km/h (60m/h), the car feels very floaty/loose. Like I'm driving on ice or something. Is this normal? My tire pressure is at 40psi so I was wondering if maybe it could be because of that.
Forgot to mention that's a GT Premium, without PP.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I drove mine for 900 miles on the highway going 80-90 and didn’t feel that at all.

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
My GTw/PP feels very solid up to 100mph so far. Not necessarily a smooth ride with the stiff suspension, but definitely not floaty. I don’t have magnaride though. That may make a difference.

OP
OP

Mustang6924

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My GTw/PP feels very solid up to 100mph so far. Not necessarily a smooth ride with the stiff suspension, but definitely not floaty. I don’t have magnaride though. That may make a difference.
Hmm... I don't have magnaride either. Would you happen to know what your tire pressure is at?

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Hmm... I don't have magnaride either. Would you happen to know what your tire pressure is at?
I’ve got it at the recommended 32psi. The cars are transported at higher pressures. I don’t remember the reason why. (I think it’s to avoid developing flat spots if they’re sitting a long time 🤷) Dealers are supposed to lower pressure before delivery.

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
I don't have mine yet, but I test drove one at the dealership and it felt great at 105 m/h, but it MAY have had Magneride, so maybe not much help to you.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
You might want to try sports mode steering. The power steering is pretty light at the factory setting and you might be used to something that offers a bit more resistance.

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
PSI should be set to 32 for all four tires.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Its a heavy car , so not having the PP or MR is going to produce a basic soft ride with your current suspension.
Sponsored