• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Can anybody translate this for me?

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
The start stop button :)
1666618642187.png
The big red one, the A with the back arrow or both?

Apologies in advance for the attack of thickheadedness but simply put, this is a feature I’ve never before encountered. And I truly hate the idea of it. So much that I might be likely to give up any hp gain and just hang with my S550s. They run pretty strong anyway…

I‘m not drawing a line in the sand necessarily but when you think about A.S.S., cylinder deactivation and basically giving the Mother Ship remote control over your vehicle I’m less excited about the S650 all the tIme.
Sponsored

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive

Apologies in advance for the attack of thickheadedness but simply put, this is a feature I’ve never before encountered. And I truly hate the idea of it. So much that I might be likely to give up any hp gain and just hang with my S550s. They run pretty strong anyway…

I‘m not drawing a line in the sand necessarily but when you think about A.S.S., cylinder deactivation and basically giving the Mother Ship remote control over your vehicle I’m less excited about the S650 all the tIme.
They are already measuring all kinds of data and I'm pretty sure they could remote control cars if they were allowed to... But if you use a smartphone then you shouldn't worry about any of this as it should already be familiar to you :D

it's the button next to the red car start button. In Audis this is the button that let's you activate/deactivate the start/stop automatic. However, in (most) Audis this feature is always activated unless it is deactivated by the driver every damn time... It's outrageous.
My BMW is also cable of switching the engine on and off but thankfully BMW let's you configure your car the way you like it (always off).

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350

I’m always thinking about ass.

boy that is an ugly car... absolutely unproportional...
[extreme disagreement]

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Ugh! I hope they delete the auto-stop for the V-8, especially with a manual. Complete waste if you ask me. All anybody I know ever does is turn the thing off! My wife just got a new car with it and even she is annoyed by it. At least they put the button next to the engine start so you can easily switch it off right after you start the engine.

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra, 2001 Chevy Silverado
I wonder how hard the auto stop/start will be to deactivate/defeat on this car. My parents Edge ST was defeated using an OBD2 dongle that when plugged in changes something to permanently defeat this system. Then you unplug and put it away until you want to turn the system back on... plug back in and it will reactivate the system.

On our VW we just push the button every time we turn the car on. Not that big of a deal. Much better than cars (first gen of Hondas to get this mild hybrid tech) that could not turn this system off. When the engine stops, you basically lose the AC so in traffic in a hot climate is excruciatingly painful. The VW doesn't turn off when the AC is on at a higher setting for comfort.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I wonder how hard the auto stop/start will be to deactivate/defeat on this car. My parents Edge ST was defeated using an OBD2 dongle that when plugged in changes something to permanently defeat this system. Then you unplug and put it away until you want to turn the system back on... plug back in and it will reactivate the system.

On our VW we just push the button every time we turn the car on. Not that big of a deal. Much better than cars (first gen of Hondas to get this mild hybrid tech) that could not turn this system off. When the engine stops, you basically lose the AC so in traffic in a hot climate is excruciatingly painful. The VW doesn't turn off when the AC is on at a higher setting for comfort.
Typically there’s a fuse you can pull on these things, afaik

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Put the car always on track mode and the Auto Startstop will be deactivated automatically :D

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
Put the car always on track mode and the Auto Startstop will be deactivated automatically :D
If you’re being serious that would be good news if I ever bought one cause that’s how I roll.

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
If you’re being serious that would be good news if I ever bought one cause that’s how I roll.
Putting my Explorer ST in sport mode turns off auto stop/start. I’m thinking the Mustang will be the same way.
Sponsored