• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Attn: Aftermarket Companies - you can make this!

FFCobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Since Ford designed in a real issue for every single S650 Mustang, the first aftermarket company to produce inter-fender hole covers, should be able to sell all they can make.

Here’s the problem: https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/front-inner-wheel-well-issues.158833/

Just make simple kydex covers that secure somehow and everyone will need to buy them. Otherwise, our Mustang’s will collect rocks like crazy. Plus road salt for those up north. There are already reports of damage to the inside of the frame where the pinch mold is.

I would start by making a fiberglass mold to the holes on both sides, then just heat kydex over the mold or if you can get a gun holster company to vaccum-heat them into shape with their machines, that would work. This should be easy for a company that has distribution setup to sell parts like this. I know I’d pay $100 for a set, even though the materials won’t cost $10.
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Do prior gen inner well covers fit?

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
Since Ford designed in a real issue for every single S650 Mustang, the first aftermarket company to produce inter-fender hole covers, should be able to sell all they can make.

Here’s the problem: https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/front-inner-wheel-well-issues.158833/

Just make simple kydex covers that secure somehow and everyone will need to buy them. Otherwise, our Mustang’s will collect rocks like crazy. Plus road salt for those up north. There are already reports of damage to the inside of the frame where the pinch mold is.

I would start by making a fiberglass mold to the holes on both sides, then just heat kydex over the mold or if you can get a gun holster company to vaccum-heat them into shape with their machines, that would work. This should be easy for a company that has distribution setup to sell parts like this. I know I’d pay $100 for a set, even though the materials won’t cost $10.
Hopefully, someone does do this, but I still can't believe @Ford Motor Company still hasn't responded to any of the posts or addressed the issue.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
No disrespect to Ford, but I'd expect them to continue to be silent.

Any TSB-like or recall decisions will be made by corporate, after they've studied the problem and come up with a solution. To even say, "We're on it!", implies they've accepted there's a fault and are committed to fixing it ($$$). It would be a faux pas for someone monitoring a forum to publicly comment at all, on anything. :lipssealed:

In addition to posting comments, pictures and videos here, I'd consider what's also been talked of: discuss directly with your Dealer. If possible, call or open a case with Ford. Send a personal, physical letter to someone or people in Ford Corporate (they do read them). :idea:

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2022/06/24/ford-recalls-warranty-costs/7708704001/

The article referenced is 18 months old. Warranty repair costs to Ford at the time? $5B. :shock:

Ford does need to do something. I've never measured it, but certain times of the year, I come home with so much ice attached to the truck, it stays outside. I kick or bash huge chunks off the vehicle panels and underside.

These access ports, "speed holes", whatever we'd like to call them, are going to hold a rather large volume of rocks, sand, salty water and ice, along the rocker panel area. :facepalm:

Last edited:

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
For a temp fix what about the flex seal tape or gorilla tape to cover the hole..

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Do prior gen inner well covers fit?
Now that is a good idea @Zig I am not sure if they fit, but there are plenty of crashed/totaled S550s out there that the 7G community could recycle those inner well covers on their new cars if they do fit. 🍻

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
My son does 3D printing. I've asked him to look into this and see what he can design. I'll follow up with a post if it's a go!
I would love to get the model if it works out since I have a 3D printer myself

OP
OP

FFCobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I’ve put duct tape covering the holes. How ridiculous is that?

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
I’ve put duct tape covering the holes. How ridiculous is that?
DUCT TAPE - the ultimate solution, when not in sight

heinvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan, Sprinter, Transit, Saturn
I cut some 1" thick closed cell foam blocks to lightly wedge in behind on both sides of where the holes are. Then covered with 4" cloth electrical tape after spraying surrounding surfaces with 3M 90 adhesive. Then I lightly coated the tape with some Rustoleum truck bed coating. I'll follow up with some photos.

All the best,
Hein
DIYvan

tape I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CB1FBVK5
Sponsored