• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Just watched this YouTube video. He canceled his 2024, this 9 min video tells why

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
I'm glad I live in GA. The taxes here aren't horrible unless you stay in Atlanta or anywhere in North GA. They have too many rules up there and it's over priced and crowded. But there are weird taxes here. And our roads suck ass. A lowered car here in Macon is a repair bill just waiting to happen. And if you survive the city roads, I75 will take your car out with the construction for the past 29 yrs lol.
Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 GT vert A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 6MT
I'm glad I live in GA. The taxes here aren't horrible unless you stay in Atlanta or anywhere in North GA. They have too many rules up there and it's over priced and crowded. But there are weird taxes here. And our roads suck ass. A lowered car here in Macon is a repair bill just waiting to happen. And if you survive the city roads, I75 will take your car out with the construction for the past 29 yrs lol.
I live in North GA. I donā€™t know of any horrible taxes and there certainly arenā€™t any rules that donā€™t exist in other places. One of the reasons I love it here is because it isnā€™t overcrowded and thereā€™s some breathing room and prices are cheap-ish. Iā€™ve never been accosted by a ā€œwater boyā€ at a traffic light yet. The back roads are amazing in a Mustang and overall itā€™s heaven on earth. I kinda feel sorry for anyone who lives anywhere else!

Now if you ā€œstayā€ in ATL or any other urban area thatā€™s a whole ā€™nother deal and itā€™s on you. My #1 priority would be gettinā€˜ the eff outta there.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Our sales tax on cars caps at $600, I havenā€™t heard any differently
here we do pay property taxes on the cars. They do go down every year, but like my Audi was $700 something the first year and this past year it was only $500 and Something. But we also pay every other year($20 or $25) for our tags. Know in IL they pay over $100 a year for their Tags. Everything there is high
$135 the last year I lived there. But we didn't pay property tax on cars.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
I live in North GA. I donā€™t know of any horrible taxes and there certainly arenā€™t any rules that donā€™t exist in other places. One of the reasons I love it here is because it isnā€™t overcrowded and thereā€™s some breathing room and prices are cheap-ish. Iā€™ve never been accosted by a ā€œwater boyā€ at a traffic light yet. The back roads are amazing in a Mustang and overall itā€™s heaven on earth. I kinda feel sorry for anyone who lives anywhere else!

Now if you ā€œstayā€ in ATL or any other urban area thatā€™s a whole ā€™nother deal and itā€™s on you. My #1 priority would be gettinā€˜ the eff outta there.
Im saying ATL and up is considered north ga to me so grouped them together. The cost of living and stuff is higher than south GA or middle. And some areas have high taxes compared to other areas. But yeah ATL is it's own horror story. But im not sure how far the Emissions law extends up there because it's in other areas of North GA other than ATL. South of ATL we don't have Emissions, registration stuff. You just pay 20 dollars for your tag and go lol. Do you stay around Suwanee or the mountain/ country areas? Those areas are great for driving.

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I know that. I lived there for many years and still have family there. My property taxes on my house were a little over $500 a year, when husband turned 65 they went down to around $300 a year

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thatā€™s how I feel about western SC

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isnā€™t it nice to be out of there? We are in Tennessee are you? We lived around Chattanooga In the early 80s for a couple years, then had to move to Oklahoma for seven long months, did not like it there at all. Too many tornadoes. Weā€™ve been in South Carolina now for 38 years now

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Delaware has no sales tax on cars but there is a 4.25% Document Fee when you purchase the vehicle.

Registration is $40 a year and usually on new cars you can get 5 year tag if you wish.

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra, 2001 Chevy Silverado
Places cost more to live for a reason. For the most part, more desirable places cost more to live. If you happen to live in one that isn't expensive, do not tell anyone lol. Colorado mentality.

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Places cost more to live for a reason. For the most part, more desirable places cost more to live. If you happen to live in one that isn't expensive, do not tell anyone lol. Colorado mentality.
I donā€™t think I agree with that. Illinois is NOT a good place to live, and property taxes in my old Hometown are ridiculous and it is a small town with nothing to do. Everyone is trying to get out of there

P2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Vapor Blue Mustang GT Premium 401A 6 Speed
I want my 9 minutes back...
Sponsored