• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Can anybody translate this for me?

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
From this morning’s Ford Authority:

“The 2024 Ford Mustang ushers in an all-new seventh generation for the iconic pony car, bringing a host of updates to the Mustang line such as Sync 4 and a driver-centric digital cockpit. However, despite earlier assumptions that the next generation of Mustangs would launch with carryover engines, the new Mustang is debuting new versions of the Ford 5.0L Coyote V8 engine and the turbocharged Ford 2.3L I4 EcoBoost engine.​
The Blue Oval states that the latest iteration of the 2.3L EcoBoost powerhouse features its new Modular Power Cylinder (MPC) Engine Architecture, which helps keep design continuity across the 1.5L I4 EcoBoost, the 2.0L I4 EcoBoost, and the 2.3L EcoBoost engine family. It features a dual fuel system, port fuel injection and 350 bar direct injection for performance, fuel efficiency and reduced carbon emissions.​
Additionally, its new twin scroll low-inertia turbocharger features a high speed electronic wastegate system, along with compact variable cam timing (VCT), an integrated air induction system and an integrated hot side exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system to help mitigate emissions.​
It’s worth noting that customers who opt for the 2024 Ford Mustang EcoBoost will only be able to get the 10-speed automatic transmission, as the six-speed manual option will no longer be available in conjunction with the boosted four-cylinder for the forthcoming pony car. Additionally, the new Mustang will be significantly more difficult for tuners to “hack,” thanks to improved cybersecurity measures within the vehicle’s ECU. The seventh-generation Mustang uses the automaker’s new Fully-Networked Vehicle (FNV) electrical architecture, which makes it difficult for hackers with nefarious intentions to access, but unfortunately locks tuners out as well.​
Meanwhile, the new iteration of the 5.0L Coyote eight-cylinder powerhouse will have 500 horsepower chomping at the bit under the hood of the 2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse, making it the most track-capable street-legal Mustang to feature that particular engine.​
Want the latest on all things Ford? Then be sure and subscribe to Ford Authority for more Ford Mustang news and ongoing Ford news coverage.”​

So, my question is whether any of this is code for either cylinder deactivation, automatic stop/start or both? I’m mainly interested in the V-8 but when the EcoBoost gets these things I figure the V-8 won’t be far behind.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I focused on this term: "features its new Modular Power Cylinder (MPC) Engine Architecture".

If I am correct, some references...

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2024-ford-mustang-engine-ecoboost-v-8-deep-dive/

"Oh, and that MPC stands for Modular Power Cylinder, which refers to the combustion chamber shape, valve and injector orientation, piston dome, etc., all of which get engineered and optimized once and applied to a family of engines (in this case, inline three- and four-cylinders)."

https://www.powernationtv.com/post/heres-why-modular-engines-are-worth-the-hype

"The term “Modular” isn’t a reference to parts interchangeability, but rather, it refers to the engine as a nearly square bore with a bore of 90.2mm and a stroke of 90.0mm. When the engine was introduced, it was the only V8 produced in the United States to have an overhead cam valvetrain, with the exception of the limited-production Corvette ZR1."

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Autostart stop will probably be on the EB. Cylinder deactivations makes no sense for the EB as who wants to drive a 2 cylinder engine at ANY speed? Its already on the F150, I know that its disabled for the Dark Horse not sure if we know if it is for the GT or not yet.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Autostart stop will probably be on the EB. Cylinder deactivations makes no sense for the EB as who wants to drive a 2 cylinder engine at ANY speed? Its already on the F150, I know that its disabled for the Dark Horse not sure if we know if it is for the GT or not yet.
Curious, how do you know its disabled for dark horse? Assuming because it is for mach 1? That's my assumption too, but never saw any confirmation.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Based on the pictures and hands-on videos the GT has auto start stop as seen on the buttons below the vents

S650 Mustang Can anybody translate this for me? 1666559814418

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don‘t understand the use of the word “disabled” in this context. That would imply it’s present but turned off. Do you mean that it’s not there to start with?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Curious, how do you know its disabled for dark horse? Assuming because it is for mach 1? That's my assumption too, but never saw any confirmation.
Someone had posted an engineer talking about the new 5.0 and mentioned they were removing the deactivation from the new negine as its based on the newer F-150 version. Logically its off for both cars, but if anything the DH would be the one with it removed.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Don‘t understand the use of the word “disabled” in this context. That would imply it’s present but turned off. Do you mean that it’s not there to start with?
The new engine is based on the newer F-150 5.0 which has deactivation, Now if its just disabled or fully removed i don't think we know yet but a Ford engineer mentioned it not being on the Mustang 5.0 when he was talking about (i assume) the Darkhorse.

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525
The new engine is based on the newer F-150 5.0 which has deactivation, Now if its just disabled or fully removed i don't think we know yet but a Ford engineer mentioned it not being on the Mustang 5.0 when he was talking about (i assume) the Darkhorse.
I don´t know why to remove it... It would be more interesting the option of disabling it in a Sport/Race mode, but activating it in an Eco mode

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
I don´t know why to remove it... It would be more interesting the option of disabling it in a Sport/Race mode, but activating it in an Eco mode
Likely durability/strength for an engine more likely to be raced and see FI was a bigger concern.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
boy that is an ugly car... absolutely unproportional...

what a few parts here and there can do amazes me every day.

From this morning’s Ford Authority:

“The 2024 Ford Mustang ushers in an all-new seventh generation for the iconic pony car, bringing a host of updates to the Mustang line such as Sync 4 and a driver-centric digital cockpit. However, despite earlier assumptions that the next generation of Mustangs would launch with carryover engines, the new Mustang is debuting new versions of the Ford 5.0L Coyote V8 engine and the turbocharged Ford 2.3L I4 EcoBoost engine.​
The Blue Oval states that the latest iteration of the 2.3L EcoBoost powerhouse features its new Modular Power Cylinder (MPC) Engine Architecture, which helps keep design continuity across the 1.5L I4 EcoBoost, the 2.0L I4 EcoBoost, and the 2.3L EcoBoost engine family. It features a dual fuel system, port fuel injection and 350 bar direct injection for performance, fuel efficiency and reduced carbon emissions.​
Additionally, its new twin scroll low-inertia turbocharger features a high speed electronic wastegate system, along with compact variable cam timing (VCT), an integrated air induction system and an integrated hot side exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system to help mitigate emissions.​
It’s worth noting that customers who opt for the 2024 Ford Mustang EcoBoost will only be able to get the 10-speed automatic transmission, as the six-speed manual option will no longer be available in conjunction with the boosted four-cylinder for the forthcoming pony car. Additionally, the new Mustang will be significantly more difficult for tuners to “hack,” thanks to improved cybersecurity measures within the vehicle’s ECU. The seventh-generation Mustang uses the automaker’s new Fully-Networked Vehicle (FNV) electrical architecture, which makes it difficult for hackers with nefarious intentions to access, but unfortunately locks tuners out as well.​
Meanwhile, the new iteration of the 5.0L Coyote eight-cylinder powerhouse will have 500 horsepower chomping at the bit under the hood of the 2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse, making it the most track-capable street-legal Mustang to feature that particular engine.​
Want the latest on all things Ford? Then be sure and subscribe to Ford Authority for more Ford Mustang news and ongoing Ford news coverage.”​

So, my question is whether any of this is code for either cylinder deactivation, automatic stop/start or both? I’m mainly interested in the V-8 but when the EcoBoost gets these things I figure the V-8 won’t be far behind.
It's a lot of marketing bla bla...
The engines, at least the 5.0 is a carryover. There is no denying that they might have done minimal changes to the engine but it is more or less exactly the same 5.0 that is in the current Mustang. I don't see a "Coyote gen 4" but rather 3.5 if we're generous.
Besides, 500hp is the target HP where they want the DH to be. It hasn't been said that they will actually reach 500hp and it was stated that the base GT will have something around 480hp.

Regarding your question:
The car will have start/stop (as ACE already outlined) and will most likely be equiped with cylinder deactivation. The F150 has it so it's available in the 5.0 but more importantly I'm pretty sure they have to use it in order to meet emission targets. Since they refuse to use any kind of electrification, at least for now, I don't see them meeting the emission targets without cylinder deactivation.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Based on the pictures and hands-on videos the GT has auto start stop as seen on the buttons below the vents

1666559814418.png
Ace, this isn’t a challenge but rather I’m trying to understand. Specifically which buttons are you referencing here?