• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Camaro is dead and going electric :/

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Someone sent this to me today...

1688253920220.jpeg

But a V8 is more fun! 😉😂
Before I moved back to Phoenix I lived in Anaheim. Once a year I would return to Phoenix for Christmas with my family. I made the trip many times and it was 375 miles from driveway to driveway. With the 96 mustang I could do it in 6 hours with one tank of fuel (12.5 gallons). Granted before they ended the double nickel it took 8 hours but that wasn't my fault.
Electric might make a great around town car if you're not worried about a battery fire burning your house down but even with plenty of chargers, they aren't much of a road car.
Sponsored

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
Someone sent this to me today...

1688253920220.jpeg

But a V8 is more fun! 😉😂
Agreed. Besides, I just checked, the CobraJet (V8) can still post faster 1/4 mile times (the only acceleration time that matters really). They didn't specify which V8...

I'll check again after Tesla wins LeMans. The day a sewing machine "beats" a V8 will be a sad sad day.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Motortrend is just guessing here. The only reliable source to Camaro stuff in MC&T. They were right with Camaro getting shelved, Camaro MY2024 last collectors edition, cancelled Gen 6 Z/28, etc. Here's what they say about a future EV Camaro:
What’s actually happening: there have been proposals for an electric Chevrolet Camaro coupe. But GM has yet to green light such a project, putting the potential re-emergence of the marque towards the end of the decade, at the very least.
Source

So we won't see a MY2026 Camaro. If that would be in development there would be reliable buzz about that and even first prototypes on the road. No carmaker has yet an electric platform ready for an affordable sportscar/coupe. Next Porsche Cayman/Boxster as EV will be first ones to try. It's very easy to acknowledge that an EV Camaro 7 will be at least 4-5 years away to be able to get into the right price range.
Also it's pretty much a good call to wait how Charger EV vs Mustang 7 will go before nailing down the next Camaro. The C8 is still hot, they are not in a rush to have the currently bad selling Camaro out again.
What’s the possible capability on a late decision to re-badge an already under development EV suv into “Camaro”?

StangGang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln MKZ Black Label
Another L for the Camaros. The current Mach E looks better than that. By the time this is released. The Gen 2 Mach E will be out with a coupe and SUV variant.
Gen 2 Mach E Variants possible 2026 release

S650 Mustang Camaro is dead and going electric :/ 3397391C-B12B-436E-A242-3131831C4D72

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
What’s the possible capability on a late decision to re-badge an already under development EV suv into “Camaro”?
No, they won't pull the Mach-E thing especially since the real Camaro isn't selling at all, so rebadging something else into Camaro doesn't make sense. They have the Blazer EV SS, and it seems like Corvette will get an EV derivative
Sponsored