• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Chevrolet Confirms an Electric Corvette Is Coming, and It's AWD

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
not a chance (ref: S650 AWD)
an in-line electric motor and 48V token electrification, yeah possibly. 2025+ ETA

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
Glad to see GM doing stuff like this. This opens up Ford to push for a fully electric GT and trickle down tech to other cars.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
The E-Ray (hybrid) is pretty much an open secret. prototypes were spotted for a long time now. It was in the leaked engine list from 2020. Even when the C8 was shipped people found the space for the batteries in the center tunnel.

I think people misunderstand the fully electric part. It's most likely not an EV-C8. I'm pretty sure it will be a standalone model, so it can really embrace being an EV sportscars form the ground up.

I am really exited for this. I most likely won't buy an EV-Corvette at the moment (and prefer saving a C8 for the long term future), but besides the nextgen Cayman it's pretty much the only announced fully electric sportscar. I am no enemy of EVs, but it's becoming quite boring that every EV is this way too heavy big SUV/Crossover that has tons of tech and can go straigth lines fast, but is just horrible to take any corner or actually be sporty.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Here we go 4,000 lb all aluminum Corvette.

Progress?
Sponsored