• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Corvette to Launch as a Brand in 2025 w/4-Door and SUV - Should Mustang Follow?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Mustang became a brand when the Mach-E was introduced. You can bet there will other vehicles with the Mustang prefix. Not the least bit surprised at GM doing this with the Corvette.

24PONY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue Ecoboost Ford Mustang
With the report from Autoline saying that an all electric pony coupe might be coming in 2029, and the splitting of ford for ICE and EV, it makes you wonder if this is the same route ford plans on going and having the mach E, S650 ICE, and an EV mustang coupe being produced all at the same time at the end of the decade.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
From what I got through different rumors is that the electric Corvette and the 4-door version will be build in Lansing, so it sounds true that Lansing will stop building Camaros and building Corvette models instead.

Honestly this isn't shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. All carmakers currently pretty much say openly that on the long run they will shift from volume of affordable cars to fewer sold premium cars. They teased an electric Camaro with their Ultium platform multiple times, but with the downfall of the Camaro it's easy to see that they instead rebrand the Corvette name instead.

As long as the cars can hold up to the name, I am fine with that. I actually would have loved to see a 5-door S650 model as a family car.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Nope.

Mustang and Corvette are model names, not brands.

Sure, evolution is a good thing, but this is de-evolution.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Ford will probably do something similar. Let's not ignore that the S650 is the last stop before Mustang becomes a full EV. The interior is designed for that. I actually see the S650 ICE as a 2-year run at the most. It was the first American pony car, and fittingly it will be the last (ironically, 1964 1/2, so maybe even end it at 60 years?).

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
You might want to reevaluate that.
How so? The Challenger and Camaro are done. The only one sticking around is the Mustang ICE. I'm not even sure how Ford managed to buy time for the Mustang, when Dodge and GM couldn't.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
How so? The Challenger and Camaro are done. The only one sticking around is the Mustang ICE. I'm not even sure how Ford managed to buy time for the Mustang, when Dodge and GM couldn't.
To answer your question first, it's because of the Mach-E. The credits earned from it allow Ford to continue our V8 Mustang.

Ford has also said there is a chance that the V8 could continue past the S650 if the demand for it was there. You can expect a V8 Mustang to be around until, at least, the end of the decade.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
To answer your question first, it's because of the Mach-E. The credits earned from it allow Ford to continue our V8 Mustang.

Ford has also said there is a chance that the V8 could continue past the S650 if the demand for it was there. You can expect a V8 Mustang to be around until, at least, the end of the decade.
Exactly, people love to hate the mach-e, but even if they don't like the idea of making a mustang hot hatch, it's still a good and cool car in terms of design, driving dynamics, and tech. Plus as you mentioned, the existence of the mach-e supports the normal mustangs ability to have a v8 well into the future, while also opening the door to the idea of other new and exciting mustang models. It's funny how people can love the ugly as hell '71-73 mustang, or the frumpy mustang 2 based on the pinto. But hate a sexy and fast car because it has four dours and sits a little higher. I'm more offended by a mustang based on a pinto than I am about an electric hatchback thing, but that's just me.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1

I'll believe it when I see it. The Mustang ICE won't be around for much longer IMO. Dodge folded and the Hellcats/Scat Packs sell insanely well. Companies (and governments) will say anything to pacify the people or to stop any preemptive moves to stop an planned agenda. At least Toyota is sort of fighting back against all things EV, hopefully Ford will do this as well.

That said, I do hope I'm wrong, and the Mustang ICE lives on.

llinthicum1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang
So, Mustang is a brand, i.e., Mustang Mach e is a model. Does that make the Mustang 2 door and convertible a brand and a model? Doesn't really make difference, just asking. Also, IMHO, the ICE Mustang will be sold until 2030 or 2035 when ICE cars are phased out. The S650 will have to be sold at least until then to justify the cost of the new model. During that time, I would expect it to be sold along side the ev 2 door and convertible (around 2028), ev 4 door (not sure what time frame), and the Mach-e.
Sponsored