• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Camaro is dead and going electric :/

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Looks like another American pony car name is dying. Camaro is going away and going all electric in a tiny SUV. Sad day even for the people who don’t like Camaros

S650 Mustang Camaro is dead and going electric :/ IMG_4394
Sponsored

StangGang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln MKZ Black Label
Another L for the Camaros. The current Mach E looks better than that. By the time this is released. The Gen 2 Mach E will be out with a coupe and SUV variant.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I don't know, I kinda like this design over the Mach-E. That said is there anything concrete-confirmed on this EV Camaro?

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
it looks sharp

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
It looks.. fine I guess. Definitely not a car I plan on buying anytime soon.

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
not something I would consider but it does look better than a Mach-E from that angle.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
just a heads up for those unaware, thats not the real next gen Camaro, thats a Motortrend render of what they think one would be like. Official GM stance right now is the Camaro was taken out back and shot in favor of the Corvette.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I wish GM and Chrysler would rethink killing they're gasoline pony cars. Offer an EV version as well, but keep gasoline going. Competition is good for the market.

@FordMotorCompany if you're still watching this forum: Please, don't stop making high-horsepower American V-8, non-electric pony cars. You have a strong enthusiast base and yes we are raising our kids to love them as well. Nothing is as visceral as the sound of an angry, rev-happy American V-8 under the hood and an old school manual transmission!

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Motortrend is just guessing here. The only reliable source to Camaro stuff in MC&T. They were right with Camaro getting shelved, Camaro MY2024 last collectors edition, cancelled Gen 6 Z/28, etc. Here's what they say about a future EV Camaro:
What’s actually happening: there have been proposals for an electric Chevrolet Camaro coupe. But GM has yet to green light such a project, putting the potential re-emergence of the marque towards the end of the decade, at the very least.
Source

So we won't see a MY2026 Camaro. If that would be in development there would be reliable buzz about that and even first prototypes on the road. No carmaker has yet an electric platform ready for an affordable sportscar/coupe. Next Porsche Cayman/Boxster as EV will be first ones to try. It's very easy to acknowledge that an EV Camaro 7 will be at least 4-5 years away to be able to get into the right price range.
Also it's pretty much a good call to wait how Charger EV vs Mustang 7 will go before nailing down the next Camaro. The C8 is still hot, they are not in a rush to have the currently bad selling Camaro out again.

OP
OP
Interstellar

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
just a heads up for those unaware, thats not the real next gen Camaro, thats a Motortrend render of what they think one would be like. Official GM stance right now is the Camaro was taken out back and shot in favor of the Corvette.
This post is to 100% to be taken with a grain of salt. Not only is it America’s weekend and we aren’t sober, but Motortrend is despicably bad at posting falsified info for clicks.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
So if the Camaro as we know it has died, and they are using an electric platform to resurrect the brand, that just makes it the car version of Frankenstein’s Monster….
Sponsored