• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Base Model/Standard Interior

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Currently we don't know if the image in the topic is actually the base model. From what I could find it's just one of multiple concept pictures of the S650 interior that were released, so there is no confirmation if they really go for this dual tablet setup. If they do, it's really ugly and has every reason not to be liked.

But the interior that is confirmed with both displays being integrated into one big frame is not as nicely integrated as it could be, but imho not worse than the competition I posted.
Wait are you saying the pics OP posted are not from a real S650? If that’s true this entire thread is a joke.
Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Firstly, I like some of the changes to the S650 and a few not so much. The dash is one I am not a fan of. I am ok with digital displays and screens, but really hate the way a lot of new cars have them implemented . Case in point, any vehicle that has a tablet type screen not integrated into the dash (I hate Tesla interiors). As many have said, it looks as if it was a last-minute decision to add it. I am 100% sure the design on the Mustang and other similar cars dashes is purposefully done that way. To me it is some sort of status symbol since integrated it into the dash would make it less noticeable. I am sure many people buying cars with this type of design see it as cool and like it, with many believing its like owning a Mac or iPhone. More a status symbol than anything else. Not sure if this is a dealbreaker for me, but I will roll my eyes every time I see it.

Prowl647

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Anyone think/know if the dark horse will be offered with the premium seats instead of the recaros?

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Wait are you saying the pics OP posted are not from a real S650? If that’s true this entire thread is a joke.
Exactly, these images are not part of the officially released S650 pictures.

Take a look at the design sketches topic, you will find the posted sketch there between a lot of other sketches that didn't make it into production. There is currently no confirmation that this sketch actually shows the base S650 model.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Anyone think/know if the dark horse will be offered with the premium seats instead of the recaros?
The standard DH should have the regular/premium seats. The ”S” and “R” get dedicated race seats. I’m guessing these will be Recaro’s although without the heating and cooling.

Mustang Dark Horse S is built uniquely for motorsports as a stripped-down version of the street-legal Mustang Dark Horse production vehicle. All non-essential parts and trim pieces have been removed for Mustang Dark Horse S. Inside is a full FIA-certified safety cage, safety nets, a race seat with safety belts and a race steering wheel with quick disconnect. Other safety items include electrical disconnects and a fire suppression system.

Last edited:

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
since when has that stopped the erudite, thoughtful analysis and debate by the denizens of this mold-breaking, yet "jerking off" to heritage worshiping forum?

AR1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Here are the pictures of the base model interiors they actually look pretty good to me I think I prefer the screens being separated. Notice how the parking brake is now an e-brake button instead of the e-brake handle on the performance packs.
B2623501-8812-4D36-B209-0B926CE133D0.jpeg
7F25413E-46AE-4784-BA07-3DE5EBF40E6F.jpeg
Do you think the center iPad Navigation system could somehow be adapted to fit in the S550 dash?

I highly doubt it but it would be a great way to get Sync 4.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Do you think the center iPad Navigation system could somehow be adapted to fit in the S550 dash?

I highly doubt it but it would be a great way to get Sync 4.
Only if you change out the entire dashboard and probably half the electronic modules. :giggle: Interesting thought though.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I don't really mind the screens, but I agree they could be implemented better--particularly the one in the middle of the dash. What I don't like is the fake carbon fiber looking trim stuff that just looks cheap as hell, and it's all over the interior. The metal looking trim of the S550 looked a lot nicer, IMO.

And regarding the Ferrari screen for the passenger, yes, it is intended for the passenger only. The entire screen behind the driver is for the driver and can be controlled on the steering wheel. The passenger display has evolved from a simple tach and speedo type readout in past models into a full on display in the Purosangue.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
Single screen or double screen .... the whole dash area, including the vertical center portion, looks decidedly unfinished to me either way.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Good grief who in the world signed off on these HORRIBLE dash designs? And why is Ford's top brass not stepping in here to cancel this shit and fire the head of design? I don't mind digital screens but the integration is un-fcuking-believably terrible and it completely ruins the style of the Mustang interior. Now it just looks like every other generic SUV.

THIS is how you integrate a large screen into a dash:

2020_porsche_macan_dashboard.jpg

Even better, here it is from a 911S...even the analog gauges are part of the screen.

S650 Mustang Base Model/Standard Interior poaQqbUOq42hjdtpF2fOLRZmhXmalxq6Qiiikz3q7WdV3BGloQ

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Even better, here it is from a 911S...even the analog gauges are part of the screen.

poaQqbUOq42hjdtpF2fOLRZmhXmalxq6Qiiikz3q7WdV3BGloQ.jpg

And the digital gauges are partially blocked by the steering wheel no matter how you adjust it. Common complaint from a lot of 911 owners.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
And the digital gauges are partially blocked by the steering wheel no matter how you adjust it. Common complaint from a lot of 911 owners.

Yes but that tach is still right in the middle, like old school.

This was an issue back even back in the 997 days. That huge tach in the middle is glorious.
Sponsored