• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Base Model/Standard Interior

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
The main downside of OLED displays is the risk of screen burn-in, which causes static parts of the image to be permanently 'burned' in the screen if the same content is displayed for excessive period (like video game burn-in).
Lot less of an issue with Industrial OLED. Also, by the time that's an issue the car will be out of warranty, and Ford can either sell you a new screen or, like most people, by years 5-7 you're going to trade the car in anyway. Either way it's not Fords problem.
Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
Too many big IPads for my liking, at least if they were integrated it wouldn’t look as bad, but they just look stuck on.
Agree. The stuck on tablet look is awful.

TrackMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT
This is the way of all high end sports cars. Let’s all take a breath and move on with our lives. I promise the S650 is a very enjoyable car. If you don’t want it because of the worlds worst iPads ever and we’re all gonna die if the car relays info to us, then don’t buy the S650. It will still sell just fine.

S650 Mustang Base Model/Standard Interior 41677083-9AC6-4081-9F07-E58A2AB1D15C
S650 Mustang Base Model/Standard Interior CE862B1D-A39A-447D-9755-04E2BEF06A80
S650 Mustang Base Model/Standard Interior A62BE078-89CF-451F-90D6-C4DA49272072

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
This is the way of all high end sports cars. Let’s all take a breath and move on with our lives. I promise the S650 is a very enjoyable car. If you don’t want it because of the worlds worst iPads ever and we’re all gonna die if the car relays info to us, then don’t buy the S650. It will still sell just fine.

41677083-9AC6-4081-9F07-E58A2AB1D15C.jpeg
CE862B1D-A39A-447D-9755-04E2BEF06A80.jpeg
A62BE078-89CF-451F-90D6-C4DA49272072.jpeg
Yeah, everyone's hating now, as always. Wait until we get the "when can I order my car" threads.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
This is the way of all high end sports cars.
monkey see other monkey do, so I'll dodoo likewise is not a justification. It's just pure laziness.

I looked up 'eyesore' in Websters and it had the above picture in it. This is not design, this is not cool, this is some 10 year old seeing how many nozzles, buttons, push-sliders, bevels and general crap he can festoon into the smallest possible space. It's so over-the-top busy and congested even the FAA would send the designer packing and decertify it for use on public roads.

But at least the screens are merged into the dash like they belong.

Large central information, a few key buttons that are too small. And the steering wheel shrouds the screen unnecessarily. Wrong emphasis on irrelevant details like what gear you're in and WAY too many markings on the graphs which provide no useful info and can't be ascertained in a flick of the eye in any event. I could tolerate this but has much room for improvement.

cockpit looks reasonably decent. The 5x12 tablet doesn't remotely belong, however. Drop it 3" inches, narrow it to about 8" and embed it into the dash and we might have something. At least knobs are present but the multiple tiers of again, too small buttons introduced clutter and unhelpful/unnecessary visual depth.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F250 Super Duty SOLD
It looks absolutely horrible and you know it. If this was a new Camaro interior you guys would be laughing your sides off at the joke of a design. Nothing about this is mustang whatsoever, looks like any new generic suv.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
It looks absolutely horrible and you know it. If this was a new Camaro interior you guys would be laughing your sides off at the joke of a design. Nothing about this is mustang whatsoever, looks like any new generic suv.
OK then. Guess you will be moving to C7G.

TrackMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT
monkey see other monkey do, so I'll dodoo likewise is not a justification. It's just pure laziness.

I looked up 'eyesore' in Websters and it had the above picture in it. This is not design, this is not cool, this is some 10 year old seeing how many nozzles, buttons, push-sliders, bevels and general crap he can festoon into the smallest possible space. It's so over-the-top busy and congested even the FAA would send the designer packing and decertify it for use on public roads.

But at least the screens are merged into the dash like they belong.

Large central information, a few key buttons that are too small. And the steering wheel shrouds the screen unnecessarily. Wrong emphasis on irrelevant details like what gear you're in and WAY too many markings on the graphs which provide no useful info and can't be ascertained in a flick of the eye in any event. I could tolerate this but has much room for improvement.

cockpit looks reasonably decent. The 5x12 tablet doesn't remotely belong, however. Drop it 3" inches, narrow it to about 8" and embed it into the dash and we might have something. At least knobs are present but the multiple tiers of again, too small buttons introduced clutter and unhelpful/unnecessary visual depth.
You should quit your job and be a car interior developer/designer. These multi billion dollar corporations with hundreds of years of combined experience could learn a lot from you.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
You should quit your job and be a car interior developer/designer. These multi billion dollar corporations with hundreds of years of combined experience could learn a lot from you.
I'm John the Baptiste, crying out in the forum wilderness. I'll leave the role of Messiah to someone else - I'm not much for suffering for the betterment of (undeserving) mankind.

In any event you conflate big money, and establishment with 'rightness'. Clearly that appeal to authority has lost every shred of it's pretense. It would be fun to interview and analyze if the auto industry even employs human-factors guys or designers of the classic bent. Or has design decisions just devolved to chasing what everyone else is doing without understanding if the change has an actual benefit to the TASK at hand. Human natural state is sheeple - blindly and unquestionably doing what they are told to do. Few are the people willing to jut out like a boulder in a river torrent.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
How many folks (on here) are going to lay down $44k-$55K for a heavily modified S550 GT financed at 8%?
A lot. Just you wait and see. The orders sub forum is going to go nuts. And if 8% is the best someone can do then they shouldn’t be buying a new car of any kind.
Sponsored