• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Base Interior Spied Up Close for the First Time.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
The two screens are awful. Look like someone stuck them on. You’d think they would’ve made the screens fit into the dash properly like in a vehicle befitting it’s price. Unlike Tesla- FORD IS A CAR COMPANY! They should’ve done better!
Sponsored

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
I just cant... I've seen an s650 in person twice now... love the back end of the car... front end I'm back and forth on... growing on me but a little too much plastic ..It looks less like a Camaro in person... but that dash.. would loom great in an Explorer... Ranger ...just not unique enough for me ..

Last edited:

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Auto-86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 2017 Fusion Sport
Same here with my '19. Personally, I feel the sales numbers will not be what Ford expects, and when they do a poll as to why, the resounding answer will be, "that hideous (or any synonym) dash, of course!".
It's so bad, you have to wonder if Ford is trying to kill the REAL Mustang.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Need for Green Ecoboost 101a
I will want to see one in person still, but I’m baffled how they couldn’t incorporate the screen on either trim level into the dash. The 18+ digital cluster looks good due to being housed in the bezel, they couldn’t figure out how to move it over into a new design?

I haven‘t been planning on getting a 7th gen right away, chances are I’ll be waiting until the mid-cycle refresh, and maybe they’ll find a way to get those screens into the dash, especially if it ends up being a hot button with consumers.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I will want to see one in person still, but I’m baffled how they couldn’t incorporate the screen on either trim level into the dash. The 18+ digital cluster looks good due to being housed in the bezel, they couldn’t figure out how to move it over into a new design?

I haven‘t been planning on getting a 7th gen right away, chances are I’ll be waiting until the mid-cycle refresh, and maybe they’ll find a way to get those screens into the dash, especially if it ends up being a hot button with consumers.
One wonders how that dash was even approved for production...

It just looks totally unfinished, out of place and really stupid. It's even worse looking at it from the passenger side, because it just looks like (2) tablets standing on end.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
That dash looks like 80's version of what they think the year 2000 will look like.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Well, I definitely prefer the single larger screen in the Premium trim, but I guess this is better than the tiny 4" display in the current base S550 :like:
I'd rather have the 4in interior, at least that you can upgrade to an 8 and look good. With this even the upgraded version looks bad.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package

It will absolutely be a hot button. Everyone I have talked to about either s650 dash thinks it is either tacky, cheap looking and/or haphazardly stuck on.

GoodLuckChuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
It will absolutely be a hot button. Everyone I have talked to about either s650 dash thinks it is either tacky, cheap looking and/or haphazardly stuck on.
I think this is a form of confirmation bias, I'm personally neutral towards the dash at this point but the only place I've seen comments like that has been in forums like this.

Nearly every, if not every, YouTube reviewer I have watched doing first looks of the car love what they did for the screens. Short form videos the same and its anecdotal, but I know people in person who either hate it, are neutral towards it like me, or love it because it looks like (insert German brand). It's open to interpretation and we've yet to see who is actually the vocal minority in this case.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think this is a form of confirmation bias, I'm personally neutral towards the dash at this point but the only place I've seen comments like that has been in forums like this.

Nearly every, if not every, YouTube reviewer I have watched doing first looks of the car love what they did for the screens. Short form videos the same and its anecdotal, but I know people in person who either hate it, are neutral towards it like me, or love it because it looks like (insert German brand). It's open to interpretation and we've yet to see who is actually the vocal minority in this case.
I get it, however it is not confirmation bias with me or most people in my orbit. The dash is just plain ugly IMO.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fair, except that's exactly what that means. We'll just have to wait to see what the general consumers/buyers decide.
Not exactly. Even if I have never even seen or thought about any car dash ever, for me, at first sight, something would still be 'off' about that dash. It is that bad.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Like I said before, I need to see what the content of the screens looks like before I can make any final judgement, but I tend to agree that the two separate screens looks like something "kludged" together rather than an integrated design. What really bugs me are the the center vents and the way they sort of stick out and say "look at me!" They sort of remind me of what you might see in a 1970's scifi movie spaceship.
Sponsored