• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Bad Design Flaw??

OP
OP

Rip Actual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Dodge Challenger
I will say again, I didn’t do this to my car. This happened to my car, luckily the person who did it is paying for it.
Sponsored

Shadetree43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 EB Prem VB Pony Pkg 201A, 13 F150 RR Lariat
I agree but how do you know they are on if they aren't cycling. I am going to turn that feature off as I could accidentally bump the setting and not know for months. Besides that, I prefer to be the judge of when I need wipers.
No offense, it’s called “attention to detail”.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
No offense, it’s called “attention to detail”.
Turned auto wipers off in the configuration and they started cycling. Somewhere I bumped the stalk and moved it up one notch to the auto mode. Good thing I caught it before it got me in trouble. I find myself turning off a lot of the new features making the new car more like the old one. Rev match was driving me up the wall with all the engine blipping and it probably was adding to fuel consumption. I have been driving a manual for well over 50 years so leave my gas peddle alone!

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I agree but how do you know they are on if they aren't cycling. I am going to turn that feature off as I could accidentally bump the setting and not know for months. Besides that, I prefer to be the judge of when I need wipers.
You just have to look.

JohnO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES F Sport, 85 Mustang GT modified
So, if your wipers are in auto sensing, you open your hood to check something but it starts raining.....you're Fd? Really? I'd consider that to be a design flaw.
I could see that damage happening if the wiper arms were up, away from the glass and the hood opened but not when the blades are still on the glass.

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
So here is the design flaw I posted to youtube. One person said they were going just stuff rags in these openings??It seems that this doesn't bother some people, perhaps i'm crazy but this is doing damage to your car every time you drive it.

JohnO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES F Sport, 85 Mustang GT modified
So here is the design flaw I posted to youtube. One person said they were going just stuff rags in these openings??It seems that this doesn't bother some people, perhaps i'm crazy but this is doing damage to your car every time you drive it.

It's been a few months. Has anyone come up with a solution to this?

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Hein at DIYvan shows our 2024 Mustang front fender liner hole filler kit and how to install it

Sponsored