• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Automatic Transmission Issues?

junqdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018Mustang GT 5.0 10 speed
I do not recommend the 10-speed automatic.

I owned a 2018 F-150 that I sent to the shop three different times due to the transmission. The videos are from the THIRD time I sent the truck in for repairs. Even after these videos were submitted to my dealership, they refused to replace the transmission. They put a band-aid on the problem (saying something about internal scaring) and sent me on my way. I ultimately sold the truck while the used car market was high and I will never own a 10 Speed automatic from Ford. I hope this helps.

My Mustang order is a GT premium, manual, PP, active exhaust and MagneRide.

Sponsored

junqdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018Mustang GT 5.0 10 speed
Sorry FORD got away with screwing you around . They have a special class @ SERVICE MANAGER SCHOOL known as "PRICK CLASS" . Granted ., Most of them don't "NEED" it but they BS the average customer with idiot lines such as the one they gave YOU ...Exactly "WHAT" is Internal scaring ? How do you get it , more importantly "How do you avoid it " You were wise and also lucky to get rid of it in a HOT MARKET . I have a 2018 5.0 10sp auto , bought brand new ,with 24K on it . Daily driver, just didn't drive much last 3 yrs , Covid and a Surgery that went wrong left her sitting in the garage . But I must say , I have had ZERO problems with the trans performance . I love the paddle shifts since I drive with handicap-controls so it gives me a taste of standard shifting . nothing like the real THING but close enough for me. IN "S" shift mode it's jerky as hell and very much more responsive , maybe they are designed that way , I don't know . But like anything mechanical Sh*t happens . Sorry you were a victim ...junqdawg

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I have issues with the 10R80 after model year 2019. The 18’s and 19’s were excellent. The 10R80 in my 2020 is not. There is a night and day difference between my 18 10r80 and my 20. The shifts in the 20 are no where near as crisp or aggressive as the 18. Downshifts are horrible in the 20 as well. The 18 growls when downshifting on its own and it just seems to soit gears while the 20 is a soft shifter. Ford really dumbed it down in 20. My biggest disappointment will be if the 24 acts like the 20 and not the 18. I was told they did a torque converter change, let’s hope they change it back.
This is why the answer to the question is so difficult. I would consider 'crisp aggressive' changes worse not better.
Sponsored