• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Auto Insurance?

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 GTO, '06 GTO, '22 Expy, '22 F-250, '24 Mustang
I change every year or two. Pretty much all of the insurance companies will give you an introductory rate as a new customer and then try to raise it when the policy renews.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Bodily injury :100000/300000, Property Damage: 50000 (both others and me),
collision and other causes, Transportation expenses.
That's not your deductibles. Those figures are your coverage limits.

scazea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium conv., 401a, Rapid Red

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
I change every year or two. Pretty much all of the insurance companies will give you an introductory rate as a new customer and then try to raise it when the policy renews.
All major car insurance companies — including GEICO, Progressive and State Farm — do a credit check during the quoting process. In fact, credit is one of the major rating factors used by underwriters when determining car insurance rates. e, you apply for coverage with a new insurance company, they run a credit check on you.

Beside insurance claims, tour credit rating also determines how much your insurance is going to cost.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
so was I (4 cars, 1 driver) but now Geico just renewed my policy at 3X the price, yes, you read that right. 3x, not 30% hike. So 20+ years down the drain.

USAA IMO no longer competitive. They short-sheeted themselves and got caught out badly with the flooding and hail. So they are making it up by taking members to the woodshed.

State Farm seems to be run by imbeciles who can't keep VIN and ownership let alone the correct driver correlated.

I would look at Erie.
Wow they jacked up your rate 3x? Any new tickets or accidents? This is what scares me about buying a Mustang right now which is already high to insure where I live. Around $215 per month which is way more than we pay for either of our other two vehicles. Whose to say my rates don't spike higher sometime down the road? All insurance is a joke in this country - auto, health you name it's not cheap and always going higher.

OK rant over:)

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
Any new tickets or accidents?
not as such.

in 1 month one of my cars needed 2x tow, and I opened a claim on same car. I bumped a 'half curb' backing up, and Audi's "safety" system triggered and fried my battery, starter, and alternator. GEICO refused to cover because I hadn't damaged any frame or bodywork. I told the nice inspector next time I'll ram the damn light pole, K?

The 2 tows was to get the car to the shop, and then 20 minutes after it was supposedly fixed the alternator seized, so BACK to the shop.

Since '19 My GT was run-over/hit twice while legally parked. They recovered on one of those from the trucking co who got caught on video hitting my car.

But it was within 30 days so I'm now uninsurable. Talk about a SCAM.

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 GTO, '06 GTO, '22 Expy, '22 F-250, '24 Mustang
All major car insurance companies — including GEICO, Progressive and State Farm — do a credit check during the quoting process. In fact, credit is one of the major rating factors used by underwriters when determining car insurance rates. e, you apply for coverage with a new insurance company, they run a credit check on you.

Beside insurance claims, tour credit rating also determines how much your insurance is going to cost.
My credit is locked, not one time have they ever made an inquiry or complained that they were unable to make an inquiry.

They can not see my credit, they can only do a soft pull.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
In addition to our credit score, we're all carrying a Comprehensive Loss Underwriting Exchange (CLUE) score.

If you've ever filed a claim, it's part of your CLUE record. Your CLUE is pulled when applying for insurance.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Florida and Michigan are usually right @ the top when it comes to getting hosed for auto insurance.

2021 F150, 2016 Cadillac ATS4, 2014 Chevrolet Malibu / BI 250K/500K, PD 500K, Uninsured 250K/500K, with $500 broad form collision and $100 comp deductibles. Annual policy is just shy of $7,000 ($582/mo). Mid 50's, zero claims in forever. And my wife WORKS for the insurance company, so we get employee discount.

Homeowners? Don't ask. In 2022 we paid $1800/yr (dwelling $660K). Two years later, it's doubled to just shy of $3,000 for the year.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
My credit is locked, not one time have they ever made an inquiry or complained that they were unable to make an inquiry.

They can not see my credit, they can only do a soft pull.
Contrary to popular belief, the information provided for a soft pull is no different than the information provided for a hard pull. "Locking" your credit history at Equifax, Trans Union, or Experian doesn't mean the detailed information is not exposed. Lines of credit and loans, payment histories, collection accounts, tax liens, and public records. It's all provided. So is the risk score.

The only difference between a soft pull and a hard pull is that it's not counted against your risk score because there was not/is not a risk of credit being extended due to the soft pull.

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
Very well thought out and presented! Thank you!!

My current rate for my wife & myself, both in our mid-seventies is $3,632 per year for two cars. No other drivers. A 2020 Lincoln Continental (wife) and a 2018 Subaru WRX (me). No medical payments, rental reimbursement, towing, and labor coverage included. Neither of us have had an accident in over 12 years. We drive about 5,000 miles each per year. I think the USAA insurance has gone way up in the past two years in Florida.
A couple of thoughts.

1. It could be they are increasing your rates due to your age. I know on our church vehicle policy they will not allow any driver over either age 72 or 75 ( I can’t remember the exact age). Obviously they consider drivers of a certain age to be a high risk.

2. USAA does not offer the savings they used to. It used to be all I had to do was tell an insurance agent I was with USAA and they said they knew they couldn’t beat the rate. After 25 years with USAA I got a Progressive quote and it was about 30% less than USAA for the same coverage. I’ve gotten quotes from USAA a few times since leaving them and they are significantly higher than my current policy with Progressive. I’m in Georgia.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
A couple of thoughts.

1. It could be they are increasing your rates due to your age. I know on our church vehicle policy they will not allow any driver over either age 72 or 75 ( I can’t remember the exact age). Obviously they consider drivers of a certain age to be a high risk.

2. USAA does not offer the savings they used to. It used to be all I had to do was tell an insurance agent I was with USAA and they said they knew they couldn’t beat the rate. After 25 years with USAA I got a Progressive quote and it was about 30% less than USAA for the same coverage. I’ve gotten quotes from USAA a few times since leaving them and they are significantly higher than my current policy with Progressive. I’m in Georgia.
After all this research, I finally called USAA to get a quote based on the VIN.
Bottom line, my six month rate will only go up $50.00 for both cars. Perhaps USAA thought my WRX (being dropped) was a race car!

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
After all this research, I finally called USAA to get a quote based on the VIN.
Bottom line, my six month rate will only go up $50.00 for both cars. Perhaps USAA thought my WRX (being dropped) was a race car!
Well that is good news. Just to clarify they were able to quote your VIN # even though your vehicle isn't built yet? I too have my Vin# for my build at the end of March.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Well that is good news. Just to clarify they were able to quote your VIN # even though your vehicle isn't built yet? I too have my Vin# for my build at the end of March.
Yes, I double checked. The lady said it populated with make & model. I got my VIN two weeks this Thursday.
We may get built the same week. I'm scheduled for week of 3/25.
Sponsored