• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone think they’ll cancel the 2024 and I’ll have to re-order a 2025 Dark Horse?

Joemason7785

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Going on a year since I ordered my dark horse. Exhausted, handling package, exhausted appearance packages, etc. Does anyone think they’ll cancel the 2024 and I’ll have to re-order a 2025?
Sponsored

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Unsure, but I would be focusing on a search for one “on the ground” at a dealer as ADMs have come down dramatically.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
You probably won't have to cancel and reorder at all, I think they just update you that your order will be a 2025 at some point if it isn't built and let you know of any changes made between the model years.

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 GT Vert, 21 Bronco Badlands, 24 Dark Horse
If mine goes to 2025 I will probably switch to a 60th Anniversary edition.

GoldenHand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Unsure, but I would be focusing on a search for one “on the ground” at a dealer as ADMs have come down dramatically.
The only concern with this route is you will lose price protection unless you're able to work something out with the dealer. I believe there are still ADM's for AP+HP models. I know one dealer in Alabama posted one with the same exact build as my order for $77K with 879 miles. They originally posted it for $67K but received too many offers.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Going on a year since I ordered my dark horse. Exhausted, handling package, exhausted appearance packages, etc. Does anyone think they’ll cancel the 2024 and I’ll have to re-order a 2025?

I think the order just carries over.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
You lose price protection if/when model year changes. This applies to all vehicles, not just the Mustang or DH. The only way around it is if your dealership agrees to suck it up and cover it.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
You lose price protection if/when model year changes. This applies to all vehicles, not just the Mustang or DH. The only way around it is if your dealership agrees to suck it up and cover it.

Makes sense...

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
As I grew older, I learned to never believe all promises. “God willing”, “trying”, “as soon as possible” are euphemisms for “not happening any time soon, don’t count on it”.
In my case I needed a car and I got whatever one dealer close to me happened to have….exactly what I needed except not black: stick shift, base model, no useless features like a gift exhaust, and the color wound up being a good choice (gray).
Call your local dealers if they have what you are looking for. Most likely they do.

heck, 3 months after I bought my car, I got a call that the dealer got a hold of a 2023 gt model, the one I was told is all sold out and impossible to find, the one I originally was going to buy.

Ike99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Tacoma Pre Runner, 2016 Avalon
I feel your pain. I ordered a DH 5/27 and no build no window sticker was ever received. I received an order confirmation email and actually called Ford as recently as late Feb to confirm order was still pending. I ended up canceling the DH order and on 3/7 I purchased a grabber blue GT, with 401a, performance package, magnaride, active exhaust, and nite pony via Xplan. We are good.

Logan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
Mr joemason7785:
By all means call Ford Customer Relations. Complain nicely, and ask if they can find one at a dealership. I did and Brenda at FCR found 2 exactly like I ordered. 1 was 90 minutes away,the other 2.5 hours away. The 2.5 hrs aways is now 5 seconds away in my garage. MSRP paid.

Madthinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Mine was at the dealer for a couple months or so with a 20k markup. I looked again later and it was 250 under msrp... I would second the idea of seeing if there are any on the ground somewhere. now if they would offer manufacturer finance rates on the cool stuff that would be something!

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I’m pretty sure the orders don’t carry over. There was en exception for the first year Bronco orders that had the online reservations and ford rolled them for the customer.

If you don’t get scheduled your dealer will have to resubmit.

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 GT Vert, 21 Bronco Badlands, 24 Dark Horse
Ther are out there. I found one about 100 miles from me and picked it up today. I got it for 4K under MSRP. It is just like I ordered minus the Handling package. It is Chassi number R0199.
image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
Tomorrow will be exactly 1 year since I placed my order, well 1 year and 1 day counting the 29th of February. If not scheduled on Thursday, which is very unlikely as just about every Dark Horse option I have on my order is exhausted, I am done and will cancel and keep my money. I WILL NOT GO THROUGH THIS BULLSHIT AGAIN FOR ANOTHER YEAR!!!
Sponsored