• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone have a better solution for front license plate - no drilling?

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
If your state requires a front plate(thankfully PA doesn't), why do you care if they drill the holes? You will never see them as you have to have the plate there.

Just genuinely curious.
Sponsored

Unixis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem + PP w/ 6spd
The only downside of this solution it's blocking the air vent for that side of the brakes.
It shouldn't block any critical air (marked up erocker's photo for where air goes). This is the route I'll be going too on my GT PP so I don't have to drill the bumper. It's just cleaner and can be taken off easily for track day/shows.
S650 Mustang Anyone have a better solution for front license plate - no drilling? 1699403147679

NOW my only problem is finding where I can buy a replacement Tow hook cover so I can clean up the install behind the plate. Finding S650 body parts seems impossible currently...

fschael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
It shouldn't block any critical air (marked up erocker's photo for where air goes). This is the route I'll be going too on my GT PP so I don't have to drill the bumper. It's just cleaner and can be taken off easily for track day/shows.
1699403147679.png

NOW my only problem is finding where I can buy a replacement Tow hook cover so I can clean up the install behind the plate. Finding S650 body parts seems impossible currently...
Well, I was referring to the video that was posted not to your solution.

In my case, I found out that I don't have the sensor since I'm a base GT therefore I will go with the one for S550.

Unixis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem + PP w/ 6spd
Well, I was referring to the video that was posted not to your solution.

In my case, I found out that I don't have the sensor since I'm a base GT therefore I will go with the one for S550.
Touché! Sorry, didn't realize you were talking about the video...and yep, you're exactly right. Wouldn't want the lower mounted option on a performance package, but a great solution otherwise. Others I saw that I don't understand being sold block the cruise control-sensors in the middle. Either way, ignore me, carry on... lol. Good luck!

Modn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
Okay, so here is my version. New York requires a front plate. I absolutely think the side mounted plate is hideous (my opinion) and I hate a plate on the front period! Doesn't hang down any more than anything underneath. Curbs may be a problem, but I think they would anyways, maybe not? Like it or leave it, it's what I did/doing. No air, sensor interference and the plate is centered. Might angle it back just a bit more though.
S650 Mustang Anyone have a better solution for front license plate - no drilling? IMG_20231229_114656496
S650 Mustang Anyone have a better solution for front license plate - no drilling? IMG_20231229_124610418_HDR
S650 Mustang Anyone have a better solution for front license plate - no drilling? IMG_20231229_124054634
S650 Mustang Anyone have a better solution for front license plate - no drilling? IMG_20231229_124332558_HDR

scazea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium conv., 401a, Rapid Red
I used doble sided tape to glue the license plate holder. I did it also on my 2020 mustang, and I removed it before selling it, just with a bit of hot water. No marks at all, no paint removed.
S650 Mustang Anyone have a better solution for front license plate - no drilling? 20231229_161043

Last edited:

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Corvette Cpe, '18 Lexus ES 350, '23 Bronco Spt
Also, IMOP, it kinda destroys the symmetry of the front end. I plan on using the provided mounting bracket and use a medium tinted this license plastic cover to minimize its appearance. Police, here in Virgina, have pulled me over for running my Vette without the front plate. Also, the legislature has tried to get rid of the front plate...but these new "plate readers" can get you from the front or rear...also certain police radar needs the plate to reflect beams off of it. Front plates ruin the beauty of the front end of vehicles, but Virginia is one of those stubborn states and a two plate state it will remain.

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Okay, so here is my version. New York requires a front plate. I absolutely think the side mounted plate is hideous (my opinion) and I hate a plate on the front period! Doesn't hang down any more than anything underneath. Curbs may be a problem, but I think they would anyways, maybe not? Like it or leave it, it's what I did/doing. No air, sensor interference and the plate is centered. Might angle it back just a bit more though.
IMG_20231229_114656496.jpg
IMG_20231229_124610418_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231229_124054634.jpg
IMG_20231229_124332558_HDR.jpg
This has all my alarms going off. this will hit / catch on all kinds of stuff. Even worse when you park along a curb stop and it pops over to the other side. That is liable to really mess up your front bumper cover and splitter.

I used Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets. Works like a charm. No issues. Easy install.

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
This has all my alarms going off. this will hit / catch on all kinds of stuff. Even worse when you park along a curb stop and it pops over to the other side. That is liable to really mess up your front bumper cover and splitter.

I used Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets. Works like a charm. No issues. Easy install.
And in Texas, pretty sure it doesn't satisfy the requirement of being at least 12 inches from the ground to the bottom of the plate. Can't see Craig's custom solution as they are on holiday.

Probably just use the tow hook solution, leave it off until pulled over and try to make up some story about forgetting to put it back in after washing.

Tx code:
(1) must display two license plates that are clearly visible, readable, and legible, one at the exterior front and one at the exterior rear of the vehicle that are securely fastened at the exterior front and rear of the vehicle in an upright horizontal position of not less than 12 inches from the ground, measuring from the bottom, except that a vehicle described by Transportation Code, §621.2061 may place the rear plate so that it is clearly visible, readable, and legible;

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Since i don’t have a tow hook mount i made my own. The cover is there but nothing behind it. Well used some sheet steel, carriage bolt and epoxy. Painted everything to protect it. Paint job isn’t perfect but dont care. You dont see it. Easily removed for car shows or washing and cover goes right back on.

S650 Mustang Anyone have a better solution for front license plate - no drilling? IMG_7180

S650 Mustang Anyone have a better solution for front license plate - no drilling? IMG_7179

S650 Mustang Anyone have a better solution for front license plate - no drilling? IMG_7194

Modn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP

Does Craig's bracket interfere with the front center sensor? It looked like it to me. Not worried about this at all. Doesn't hang any lower than any of the car underneath. I run my hot rod with 3" clearance on the front plate, set up a little different obviously. I have until spring to nail it down totally. Either this or no plate at all. No side plate for me.

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Does Craig's bracket interfere with the front center sensor? It looked like it to me. Not worried about this at all. Doesn't hang any lower than any of the car underneath. I run my hot rod with 3" clearance on the front plate, set up a little different obviously. I have until spring to nail it down totally. Either this or no plate at all. No side plate for me.
It doesn’t interfere. Small overlap but no interference.

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
How diligent are the police in enforcing the front plate? I’m a bit of a rebel and would drive without it until a cop said something.
Sponsored